Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 The Answer updates - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 1
Quote of the day: "How do you know what you can be if you can't see where you are going?" - The Lie
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Answer updates

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
xcarlupanddiex View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xcarlupanddiex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Answer updates
    Posted: 09/09/2006 at 16:59
you should update the NOFX page with newer stuff :

NOFX released a seven inch entitled "Surfer" in 2001. Both the title and the whole artwork of the seven inch are a parody of Bad Religion's "Suffer". Also the NOFX and title's logos use the same font of BR and Suffer.

NOFX wrote a song entitled "I Am A Huge Fan Of Bad Religion" that appeared on 7 Inch Of The Month Club (2005). Here is the lyrics:

I am a huge fan of Bad Religion
I even bought a brown Fender Precision (like the one Jay plays)
Signing to Atlantic was a really bad decision
Now they?re back on Epitaph hey

I bought Suffer then I bought a thesaurus
Then Graffin sang on S/M Airlines chorus
Now we hang out and party on each other?s tour bus
Cuz the old bands know how to have fun
Julia View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2006 at 15:54
Wow that`s great!
They`ll tell you that they love you like a spider loves a fly promise you you`re safe but never look you in the eye
Gravel View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
I Rock More Than YOU

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gravel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2006 at 19:31
I believe the Suffer thing is in there somewhere.
The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint; the greats were great because they paint a lot!
ledhed318 View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ledhed318 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2006 at 02:36
Yeah, I'v seen all of that in there before.
The truth is just what you make of it; it begins and ends with you!
Kerouac Cat View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Child of the Broken Glass

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kerouac Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2007 at 18:05
However, the most interesting bits of memorabilia reflect the sense of humor that is prevalent in the tour. For example, a pair of pajamas, owned by Bad Religion's Jay Bentley, is on display. Bentley wore the pajamas at every show for the whole tour one year without washing them. This begs the question if they have been washed for the exhibit.

http://media.www.csucauldron.com/media/storage/paper516/news/2007/01/29/ArtsEntertainment/Oi.Cleveland.Punk.Fans.Rejoice-2683423.shtml?sourcedomain=www.csucauldron.com&MIIHost=media.collegepublisher.com

Don't think it's newsworthy, but a nice piece of useless trivia it is for sure.
I see a U-Turn up ahead...
ledhed318 View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ledhed318 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2007 at 04:06
Haha, that's great.
The truth is just what you make of it; it begins and ends with you!
cleverscreename View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
one

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleverscreename Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2007 at 04:16
what a raging kurt cobain rip off.
he who fucks nuns will later join the church.
mommy4 View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Heavy Metal Mama

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommy4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2007 at 14:47
kurt cobain went without bathing. he got his clothes at goodwill and didn't wash before wearing. his clothes were clean, not the rest of him. (which i guess would make his clothes dirty then... nevermind. you win.)
"A headache is your brain contemplating it's own stupidity"
cleverscreename View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
one

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleverscreename Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2007 at 14:53
actually i meant that ive seen photos of him wearing pyjamas on stage.
he who fucks nuns will later join the church.
mommy4 View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Heavy Metal Mama

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommy4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2007 at 15:00
oh.
SayYourPrayers View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
Thread Revivalist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SayYourPrayers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2007 at 19:53
Mr. Brett has a tattoo of the "Let's Go" fist on his left arm.
Careful man, there's a beverage here!
smarti22 View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
Get off my lawn!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smarti22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2007 at 00:58
If your tattoo is rancid, you probably should see a doctor.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
Angry nerd, sanctimonious minion, Juris Doctor.
mommy4 View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Heavy Metal Mama

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommy4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2007 at 17:34
I had a friend that tattooed the RC cola logo on his arm.
Some Guy View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man
Voice of Flavorlessness

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Some Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2007 at 17:45
Does he get paid for it?
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself. It's made up of two separate words: "mank" and "ind." What do these words mean? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.
SayYourPrayers View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
Thread Revivalist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SayYourPrayers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2007 at 01:29
Originally posted by mommy4 mommy4 wrote:

I had a friend that tattooed the RC cola logo on his arm.

NO FUCKING WAY! I LOVE THAT STUFF!
Careful man, there's a beverage here!
ThiagoPD64 View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThiagoPD64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2008 at 08:32
Who cares? He is not the first to get a band tattoo.
Sun's coming up and I can't decide, to spill my emotions or keep them inside..
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2008 at 14:22
Originally posted by MeteoroHC MeteoroHC wrote:

Who cares? He is not the first to get a band tattoo.

Well, Brett is in Bad Religion... and everyone else is not. Good enough reason to make it an interesting fact.
wrong planet View Drop Down
Staff
Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrong planet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2009 at 11:56
Concerning the entry  for ''Guns n' Roses'':

Maybe ''n''' should be capitalized, since it is a proper name.
Axl rose should be Axl ''Rose'', and
Izzy Stradlin' Izzy Stradlin (without the apostrophe).
It's not about forcing happiness; it's about not letting sadness win. - TWY
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2009 at 12:51
Got it... and thanks!
Brett Religion View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Religion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2009 at 11:45
Originally posted by Kerouac Cat Kerouac Cat wrote:

However, the most interesting bits of memorabilia reflect the sense of humor that is prevalent in the tour. For example, a pair of pajamas, owned by Bad Religion's Jay Bentley, is on display. Bentley wore the pajamas at every show for the whole tour one year without washing them. This begs the question if they have been washed for the exhibit.

http://media.www.csucauldron.com/media/storage/paper516/news/2007/01/29/ArtsEntertainment/Oi.Cleveland.Punk.Fans.Rejoice-2683423.shtml?sourcedomain=www.csucauldron.com&MIIHost=media.collegepublisher.com

Don't think it's newsworthy, but a nice piece of useless trivia it is for sure.

Are you kidding? This is great! It's tidbits like these that The Answer was created for and should take care of. Hey this thread should be more active. I was going over the archives on this site and I realized that The Answer makes no mention of Brett being part of the Ramones 30th Anniversary show in 2004 together with Eddie Vedder, Tim Armstrong and the surviving members of the band.

I would have posted a link to a clip of I Believe in Miracles but YouTube has removed all material concerning that show. (There is an official DVD of the show)
"No Bad Religion song can make your life complete..." - But what about their whole discography?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic