Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 Site/Forum problem reports - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 1
Quote of the day: "We've got the American Jesus. See him on the interstate. We've got the American Jesus. He helped build the president's estate." - American Jesus
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Site/Forum problem reports

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Some Guy View Drop Down
American Jesus (Mod)
American Jesus (Mod)
Voice of Flavorlessness

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Some Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Site/Forum problem reports
    Posted: 11/08/2008 at 05:27
Don't know if this is where I am suppose to report this or not, but, in the discography section, the info under The Empire Strikes First is actually about the Gray Race.
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself. It's made up of two separate words: "mank" and "ind." What do these words mean? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2008 at 06:46
Originally posted by Some Guy Some Guy wrote:

Don't know if this is where I am suppose to report this or not, but, in the discography section, the info under The Empire Strikes First is actually about the Gray Race.
Yeah, you're right. I must have forgotten to delete that reference after I was done testing. I fixed it now.

The idea is to have a link between a release (in this case TESF) and an article from The Answer. So basically all the information that we might have about a release is actually stored in The Answer. The same goes for songs.

Edit: I moved this topic.

Edited by Marty - 11/08/2008 at 06:47
delirium- View Drop Down
Staff
Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delirium- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2008 at 07:16
Clicking a song in a show with setlist in Tours & shows section seems to be quite messed up. I get wrong song on every click.
delirium- View Drop Down
Staff
Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delirium- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2008 at 07:19
What's up with avatar upload? I seem to get an internal server error every time...
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2008 at 07:26
Originally posted by delirium- delirium- wrote:

Clicking a song in a show with setlist in Tours & shows section seems to be quite messed up. I get wrong song on every click.

Fixed.

Thanks for reporting this kinda stuff by the way! I really appreciate it :)

I'm renaming this topic to "Site/Forum problem reports"
delirium- View Drop Down
Staff
Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delirium- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2008 at 07:32
No problem :) Also, in Member control panel Edit Profile, Registration Details, Profile Information and Site Preferences are pretty much the same? Maybe they should be merged behind one link?
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2008 at 07:40

No problem :) Also, in Member control panel Edit Profile, Registration Details, Profile Information and Site Preferences are pretty much the same? Maybe they should be merged behind one link?

All those different links that you see there are basic forum functionality. Renaming or removing those links will require some hacking of the source code... which, of course, is no problem.

Consider it done. It was bugging me as well.
delirium- View Drop Down
Staff
Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delirium- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2008 at 07:49
http://www.thebrpage.net/discography/release.asp?releaseID=137 This is actually not "Unknown Infections". I think I labelled the cover as "Unknown" since there is no title on it. It does have the "live & alive" logo on it which would lead into thinking that it's not actually the name of "Live & Alive" boot either... 
Jesse View Drop Down
Staff
Staff
I'm with him

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2008 at 07:56

http://www.thebrpage.net/discography/release.asp?releaseID=137 This is actually not "Unknown Infections". I think I labelled the cover as "Unknown" since there is no title on it. It does have the "live & alive" logo on it which would lead into thinking that it's not actually the name of "Live & Alive" boot either... 

Ah I see, I think I got confused with all the "unknown images". Guess the other 2 images are the correct ones?
I will edit the images and tracklist right now...
Gotta use your brain, it's the most important part of your equipment.
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2008 at 09:02

What's up with avatar upload? I seem to get an internal server error every time...

Fixed.

If the upload folder for an avatar did not yet exist, it would fail to create a new one.
Some Guy View Drop Down
American Jesus (Mod)
American Jesus (Mod)
Voice of Flavorlessness

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Some Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2008 at 03:24
Possible glitch.

According to the front page, the "Sorrow on Rock Band 2" article has three comments under it, but when I click on it I don't see any comments. I can see comments on other articles just fine, so I don't know what's going on there.
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself. It's made up of two separate words: "mank" and "ind." What do these words mean? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2008 at 03:34
Originally posted by Some Guy Some Guy wrote:

Possible glitch.

According to the front page, the "Sorrow on Rock Band 2" article has three comments under it, but when I click on it I don't see any comments. I can see comments on other articles just fine, so I don't know what's going on there.

Hm, pretty odd. This one needs some more investigation....
For now I've updated all news items to reflect the correct amount of comment.

Fixed. Just a stupid little bug in the code.

Edited by Marty - 11/09/2008 at 03:44
*MaD hAtTeR* View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *MaD hAtTeR* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2008 at 09:46
Ok, I have a problem, I can't submit song interpretations :(
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2008 at 10:36
Originally posted by *MaD hAtTeR* *MaD hAtTeR* wrote:

Ok, I have a problem, I can't submit song interpretations :(

I did all sorts of testing but I can't seem to find any issues. I'm afraid I'll need some additional info from you.
Which song?
Are you logged in already or are you logging in while adding the interpretation?
Are you using any special characters?

Thanks.
delirium- View Drop Down
Staff
Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delirium- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2008 at 01:02
I was adding set list to a show: http://www.thebrpage.net/shows/show.asp?showID=69 and it gave me some weird error and seems to have added the set twice.. 
delirium- View Drop Down
Staff
Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delirium- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2008 at 01:05
Ok it happened again for this show: http://www.thebrpage.net/shows/show.asp?showID=76 now it only added half of the set.

<some code>

Edit by Marty: I've removed the detailed error message from this post.

Edited by Marty - 11/10/2008 at 09:07
delirium- View Drop Down
Staff
Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delirium- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2008 at 01:40
Adding pics to shows doesn't seem to work either
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2008 at 09:06

I was adding set list to a show: http://www.thebrpage.net/shows/show.asp?showID=69 and it gave me some weird error and seems to have added the set twice.. 

Both problems (actually the same problem) should be fixed now. There was an issue with song titles having an apostrophe in them.

By the way, how do you like the setlist input system with the title check button?
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2008 at 09:12

Adding pics to shows doesn't seem to work either

Yeah, it's still under construction. I've remove the 'add pictures' link for the time being.

I'm currently working on an option to automatically add a 'theBRpage' watermark to the uploaded pictures.
delirium- View Drop Down
Staff
Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delirium- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2008 at 11:27
Originally posted by Marty Marty wrote:

Both problems (actually the same problem) should be fixed now. There was an issue with song titles having an apostrophe in them.

By the way, how do you like the setlist input system with the title check button?

It's really good. I like how easy it is to correct the titles. What happens when adding a non-br title? For example a cover song they played.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
  Share Topic