Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 21st Century (Digital Boy) on No Control? - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 2
Quote of the day: "The sheltering sky was to be my everlasting lullaby." - The Island
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

21st Century (Digital Boy) on No Control?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
nropevolI View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
pr0n Jeremy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nropevolI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2009 at 12:13
Originally posted by jabberwock jabberwock wrote:

Originally posted by Marty Marty wrote:

I found this blog where someone states the following:
Quote Although it appeared on Against the Grain, 21st Century (Digital Boy) didn't became a hit until it appeared on Stranger Than Fiction. It was slated to appear on Bad Religion's fourth album, No Control, but was deemed to slow of a song for the band.

I haven't heard this one before. Do you guys think there's any truth in it? Jay...?

nope... written for against the grain. if you notice, the song is pretty "buried" in the track listing. it wasn't that we thought it too slow, but maybe a bit too much like eddie and the subtitles "american society".. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=46445746

Gees! that IS pretty similar! even the lyrics, the way the powerchords are struck. I like 21st century a lot better because this one has monotonous vocals.
AnxietyDestroys View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnxietyDestroys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2009 at 20:58
Originally posted by Marty Marty wrote:

Talking about unreleased songs.... check out this little piece of info from The Answer:
Quote They recorded 23 songs for The Gray Race and only 15 made it to the CD. Even if Universal Cynic and The Dodo were 2 of them, there are still 6 left.
I wonder how much of this is true as I can't remember having heard anything else about it.

Jay has on many occasions stated that above statement is false.
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnxietyDestroys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2009 at 21:01
What no love to King Crimson in a 21st Century Digital Boy topic?

Jay?

"Confusion will be my epitaph."
jabberwock View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
jaylicious

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabberwock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2009 at 21:11
Originally posted by AnxietyDestroys AnxietyDestroys wrote:

What no love to King Crimson in a 21st Century Digital Boy topic?

Jay?

"Confusion will be my epitaph."

i didn't see that raised as an issue, but there are SO many references related to that song that i assumed it was (capt.) obvious.
i am the walrus. everything i say in this forum is unsubstantiated pablum
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnxietyDestroys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2009 at 01:23
No issue intended... both bands are two separate entities. When I first heard the album King Crimson album I was blown away.

But not a lot of people have actually heard that album (I would assume) they just read about the references to that album on this page in "The Answer" section. At least I was guilty of that for a while...until my senses were turned on the The Court of The Crimson King.

Edited by AnxietyDestroys - 01/12/2009 at 01:33
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnxietyDestroys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2009 at 01:37
Assuming may have been my first mistake... but I think it was a valid assumption.
Anti- View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Butt-head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anti- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2009 at 06:38
Originally posted by tested tested wrote:

I'm not saying it won't be good, I'm just saying that we shouldn't assume that it will be. So I think we agree!

Indeed we do!
Sometimes It Feels Like... *?!%+!*#@+¤
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2009 at 01:21

nope... written for against the grain. if you notice, the song is pretty "buried" in the track listing. it wasn't that we thought it too slow, but maybe a bit too much like eddie and the subtitles "american society".. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=46445746

I've never liked digital boy, so its nice to hear that it isnt even bad religion song. :)

Edited by coop - 01/14/2009 at 01:22
ThiagoPD64 View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThiagoPD64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2009 at 03:13
I prefer the fastest version of the song.
Sun's coming up and I can't decide, to spill my emotions or keep them inside..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic