Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 Misheard lyrics - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 14
Quote of the day: "And I want to conquer the world, give all the idiots a brand new religion" - I Want To Conquer The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Misheard lyrics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LV97 View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LV97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2013 at 14:08
Even after reading the lyrics, at the beginning of 'Vanity' I hear:

Australian - If I don't like it
Give me a cloud and have a sample riot
I'm a monkey with a fridge, got my shoulder
http://lv97.net/ - Randomly stupid-or-less-stupid punk-or-non-punk D.I.Y. creations, but except the penguins it's mostly in French. And no I'm not French but Belgian with some Italian origins.
hopeless housewife View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hopeless housewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2013 at 18:43
Pity the Dead - I've heard Solid or Southern instead of Solemn
Robin Hood in Reverse - I heard the knight in black robes instead of the nine in black robes.

I've also heard lots of the other ones people have previously posted. Funny stuff.
hopeless housewife View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hopeless housewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2013 at 09:07
In the song To Another Abyss I sometimes hear "the surge is bound to fail" while the true lyrics state "the search is bound to fail." I find this misunderstanding a bit ironic since this song is on TESF, an anti-Iraq-war record, and Bush's troop surge occurred a couple of years after the song's release. Perhaps it's prophetic, or I'm just hearing something that isn't there at all, even though it could fit contextually.
SpaceHelicopter View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpaceHelicopter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2013 at 18:51
I've definitely always heard "Underwear of imminent disaster," and actually never bothered to look up the actual lyrics until a month or two ago. I had too much fun singing "underwear."

Another one I've misheard is "Early man walked away, as Spider-Man took control."
Viktor View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2013 at 02:39
Originally posted by SpaceHelicopter SpaceHelicopter wrote:

Another one I've misheard is "Early man walked away, as Spider-Man took control."
Actually Graffin sings Spiderman took control and he also sings Peter Pan walked away on this live version. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ReX8ZU5Sx0
They said that islands were solid as bedrock standing firm forevermore, but over time even basement wastes away to the unrelenting shore
SpaceHelicopter View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpaceHelicopter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2013 at 17:02
Originally posted by Viktor Viktor wrote:

Originally posted by SpaceHelicopter SpaceHelicopter wrote:

Actually Graffin sings Spiderman took control and he also sings Peter Pan walked away on this live version. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ReX8ZU5Sx0

Omg, that's awesome. I had no idea that existed.
nropevolI View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
pr0n Jeremy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nropevolI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2013 at 14:42
I always sing 'you can even kill a zebra if you want to' in fuck you. It doesn't sound like You can even get cerebral if you want to. But I sing it anyway
che sus View Drop Down
Infected
Infected

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote che sus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2013 at 02:55
her sweet ASS and her body enough to make me drool
Banjo View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
Jay's Creditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2013 at 03:46

I owe Jabberwock coffee.
I owe RoboPilgrim 9p.
walder View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2013 at 22:51

I have many misheard lyrics, but there are some offhand:  

Faith Alone "Heard a sermon from a creaky pulpit with no one in the nave" - Long ago was an Iggy Pop with his no one know the name" (the dumbiest mishearing ever I suppose)

The World Won't Stop "Now that your road has been paved from conception to your grave" -  Now that your road has been paved from conception to UKRAINE"

Automatic Man "He's the latest superhero with powers so profound" -  There's a lady-superhero with power that she bounds.

Welcome2stealth View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Welcome2stealth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2013 at 04:54
My former best friend...who somehow has more BR tatts than me calls a great song from Recipe for Hate "Struck a Nerve"
"Stuck on Her"
"Hand in hand, the arid torpor of inaction will be our demise"
walder View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2013 at 00:27
Always thought that in "The Past Is Dead" it is sang "And are proud of intellectual property". The texts on theprpage really help.
Priesterseminar View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2013 at 16:19

Drunk Sincerity

"drugs and celery"

vampailleur View Drop Down
Henchman
Henchman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vampailleur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2013 at 05:48
I always hear "hey man of science with your particles of pleasure"...

walder View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2013 at 22:30
 In "Henchman" I firstly thought the last line was "That's why the entire world should wear an Armani".  

Edited by walder - 09/19/2013 at 20:18
JamesBarretts View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesBarretts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2013 at 13:08
Might have already been said, 
Los Angeles is Burning:
"And the key to 9/11 is easy"
this was a mistake
Greg Giraffin View Drop Down
Infected
Infected

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Giraffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2013 at 16:59
"BUTT RELATIONS AND PRICKS"
http://buttrelations.ytmnd.com/

"I MUST ADMIT THAT I'M INTO MEN"
http://imintomen.ytmnd.com/
͠Listen to my Chillest Downtempo Mix
DuReX View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DuReX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2013 at 00:52
Then I took my mean machine to the sacral menopause.
walder View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2013 at 01:32

A Walk:

And you expect me to die here in this shitty doggystyle?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
  Share Topic