Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 What are you listening to? - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 1
Quote of the day: "Like a rock, like a planet, like a fucking atom bomb, I remain unperturbed by the joy and the madness that I encounter everywhere I turn" - Generator
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What are you listening to?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 165>
Author
brdanne View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brdanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What are you listening to?
    Posted: 5 hours 31 minutes ago at 11:29
In Flames- Siren Charms
Through the darkness of future past, The magician longs to see, One chance out between two worlds: Fire walk with me.
Priesterseminar View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2014 at 16:47
Originally posted by BFY BFY wrote:

Am I a bad person for that?

since we shared a couple special moments before i can say of course not :) 
"with nothing better to do"
patricke1660 View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patricke1660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2014 at 20:46
The Copyrights new album. Pretty freakin' sweet ... A little La Dispute too.
Human beings are the only creatures on earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one.
Recard86 View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Recard86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2014 at 06:23

Originally posted by Recard86 Recard86 wrote:

I ordered Nightmares, just downloaded the rest. It's more melodic, but not neccessarily worse in my opinion.

you wont be disappointed in nightmares if you enjoyed the new one.. there are a lot of great tracks on it with hit appeal like reaction and final goodbye being from ashes rise 21st century digital boy and american jesus :)

some other bands you might wanna give a try:
REMAINS OF THE DAY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7ZTAsJ_D60
EKKAIA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdnc8LFWfLs
TRAGEDY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6dItd8gA50
ICTUS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAFHwBusc7M
FALL OF EFRAFA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-O42bQgRaQ
[/QUOTE]

Thanks :D I have some Tragedy, but singing gets a little too much for me often.
BFY View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BFY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2014 at 02:35
Originally posted by Priesterseminar Priesterseminar wrote:

[QUOTE=BFY]He could very well be. But he also creates beautiful music.

i think that shows an interessting point, how far can (or do you need) to seperate creator and creation from another?

in paritcular if the creator is a murderer and heathen nationalist? 

what about the symphonies of richard wagner or the paintings of adolf hilter? 

i can understand that people appreciate wagners genius despite his antisemitism, but thats also one of the reasons i cant find enjoyment in it..

luckily there is no question about genius in hitlers amateurish kitsch paintings..

in regard of burzum,  the problem lies deeper i think.

at least in my opinion vikernes ideals are way to inherit in his music and the mythology that he draws insperation from, to be seperated from another..

but i've recently read a jewish metal blog praising burzum as well, so who am i do judge ;)

... i simply think there are better bands in the field of atmospheric metal without that ugly aftertaste.. and better production as well :)

btw, here is a nice little band from my town:
KARG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue_fthrPyTY

Dear Priesterseminar it really is an intricate issue. Should we distinguish between the author's works from his personal opinions? A good question! I love, for example, Dissection, although I know that frontman Jon Nödtveidt was convicted of accessory to murder on an Algerian homosexual man in Gothenburg.
For my own part, I can find joy in both Burzums and Dissections music without indeed sympathize with the author's own personal views or actions. Am I a bad person for that?
From enslavement to obliteration.
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2014 at 15:11

He could very well be. But he also creates beautiful music.

i think that shows an interessting point, how far can (or do you need) to seperate creator and creation from another?

in paritcular if the creator is a murderer and heathen nationalist? 

what about the symphonies of richard wagner or the paintings of adolf hilter? 

i can understand that people appreciate wagners genius despite his antisemitism, but thats also one of the reasons i cant find enjoyment in it..

luckily there is no question about genius in hitlers amateurish kitsch paintings..

in regard of burzum,  the problem lies deeper i think.

at least in my opinion vikernes ideals are way to inherit in his music and the mythology that he draws insperation from, to be seperated from another..

but i've recently read a jewish metal blog praising burzum as well, so who am i do judge ;)

... i simply think there are better bands in the field of atmospheric metal without that ugly aftertaste.. and better production as well :)

btw, here is a nice little band from my town:
KARG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue_fthrPyTY

I ordered Nightmares, just downloaded the rest. It's more melodic, but not neccessarily worse in my opinion.

you wont be disappointed in nightmares if you enjoyed the new one.. there are a lot of great tracks on it with hit appeal like reaction and final goodbye being from ashes rise 21st century digital boy and american jesus :)

some other bands you might wanna give a try:
REMAINS OF THE DAY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7ZTAsJ_D60
EKKAIA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdnc8LFWfLs
TRAGEDY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6dItd8gA50
ICTUS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAFHwBusc7M
FALL OF EFRAFA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-O42bQgRaQ
Recard86 View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Recard86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2014 at 13:31

yeah, forgot the name.. nah.. the anger and despair is gone.. but if you liked nightmares, it pretty much is following that way.. i think the split with victims is their best output :) but also silence and the self titled.. groundbreaking in introducing me to that genre.. 

BFY View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BFY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2014 at 10:48

Burzum - Belus. Again and again. A true epic black metal masterpiece.

no offense, but Varg Vikernes is a true epic asshole :(

He could very well be. But he also creates beautiful music.
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2014 at 09:39
yeah, forgot the name.. nah.. the anger and despair is gone.. but if you liked nightmares, it pretty much is following that way.. i think the split with victims is their best output :) but also silence and the self titled.. groundbreaking in introducing me to that genre.. 
Recard86 View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Recard86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2014 at 05:06

Everything "From Ashes Rise"

what did you think about their latest 7inch?

i adore this band but could definetely live without it :/

Rejoice The End? I really like it, a bit different from their other stuff but i like it.
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2014 at 02:31

no offense, but Varg Vikernes is a true epic asshole :(
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2014 at 02:24

what did you think about their latest 7inch?

i adore this band but could definetely live without it :/
Recard86 View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Recard86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2014 at 14:09
brdanne View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brdanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2014 at 12:26
Type O Negative (Live In Copenhagen Denmark Full Tape 15.04.1997 Radio Broadcast) 
Through the darkness of future past, The magician longs to see, One chance out between two worlds: Fire walk with me.
BFY View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BFY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2014 at 10:27
Recard86 View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Recard86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2014 at 14:14
From Ashes Rise - Nightmares - seriously one of the best records i've heard in a good while

BFY View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BFY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2014 at 02:47
Originally posted by n1ckb0n3z n1ckb0n3z wrote:

This is just so beautiful. The best acoustic show ever, IMHO.
BFY View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BFY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2014 at 02:24
Burzum - Belus
BFY View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BFY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2014 at 01:50
Originally posted by brdanne brdanne wrote:

The Haunted- Exit Wounds

CUTTING TEETH
brdanne View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote brdanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2014 at 11:38
The Haunted- Exit Wounds
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 165>
  Share Topic