Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 What are you listening to? - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 2
Quote of the day: "If you think you've got it made, just revel in your selfish ways, 'cuz when the world stops turning so will you!" - When?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What are you listening to?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 170>
Author
mike View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2009 at 15:13
NOFX / Bad Brains / BR
Robo Pilgrim View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
linkage robot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robo Pilgrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2009 at 16:18
Originally posted by Gravel Gravel wrote:

Originally posted by Robo Pilgrim Robo Pilgrim wrote:

I made an alphabet playlist of songs, but I don't have any songs that begin with X. I've got all the other letters, though.

Along with simply filling your criterion, the song "Xanadu" by Rush is fucking fantastic!

I'm listening to an Excision dubstep mix. I can't wait for shambalah!

I'll be sure check it out. I've been listening to Against the Grain recently, plus a little Led Zep on the side.
I'm The Greatest™
AnxietyDestroys View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnxietyDestroys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2009 at 17:17
Originally posted by God. God. wrote:

Animal Collective -- Merriweather Post Pavilion
Maybe the most hyped band in the blogosphere, but it's a very nicely done album. The vocals are some of the best AC have done.

And AnxietyDestroys, In the Aeroplane Over The Sea may be the greatest thing ever made.

I wouldn't go quite that far. It's good tunes...but they were barely a band and their first album is too fuzzy.

Only thing I really dig about it are the references to Anne Frank and the bag pipes...other than that it's too whiny.

You want real tunes check out the other 2 bands I'm listening to. That stuff is worthy enough to call great.

Edited by AnxietyDestroys - 02/17/2009 at 19:29
simian View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2009 at 17:48
Bad Brains - been bouncing around their discography for the last week, listening LOUD.
GG - Cold As The Clay
The Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin

Also, been digging M.I.A.'s "Paper Planes" especially for its sample from The Clash's "Straight To Hell"
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." - Henry Louis Mencken
F.QUADRATA View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F.QUADRATA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2009 at 19:31

Institute's Distort  Yourself has been glued to my ear for days now..cool songs.sounds like Helmet w/ Bush on vocals..hehe,also  tryin' to dig Opeth's Watershed..I  like  Still Life much better..Converge's metal tinged hardcore is brilliant and Black Flags' Family Man makes me laugh.

I still live, I still think: I still have to live, for I still have to think.
wooohno View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wooohno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2009 at 20:27
Gogol Bordello, X-Ray Spex, Levellers, Bikini Kill
“From my rotting body, flowers shall grow, and I am in them, and that is eternity.” Edvard Munch
Anti- View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Butt-head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anti- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2009 at 03:29
The Offspring - Defy You
Sometimes It Feels Like... *?!%+!*#@+¤
Gravel View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
I Rock More Than YOU

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gravel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2009 at 11:26
I am listening to Frodus.
The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint; the greats were great because they paint a lot!
inner logic View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inner logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2009 at 12:51
The CD's I have are from American Hardcore punk bands like Bad Religion, The Offspring, Pennywise and Rancid, but also Dropkick Murphys, and German "underground" punk like Alarmsignal.
I'm Against It View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I'm Against It Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2009 at 12:52
Originally posted by Anti- Anti- wrote:

The Offspring - Defy You

That's an awesome song, the vocals are spot on and it just sonds incredible. I think Defy You and Can't Repeat are the best songs on their Greatest Hits CD.
This ain't no love song, this is a car crash
tested View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tested Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2009 at 14:51

Mine's kind of funny, I've been listening to short music for short people incessantly, for about a week, and I can't figure out why, it's a fine album, but I think I'm becoming addicted to songs under 30 seconds!

Edited by tested - 02/18/2009 at 14:52
“When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.”
cleverscreename View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
one

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleverscreename Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2009 at 22:01
ive been listening to a lot more bad religion since ive been posting here again.
he who fucks nuns will later join the church.
Gravel View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
I Rock More Than YOU

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gravel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2009 at 13:31
Crystal Castles!
The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint; the greats were great because they paint a lot!
Robo Pilgrim View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
linkage robot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robo Pilgrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2009 at 16:44
I've been listening to some Greg Graffin bootlegs. Especially Time of Need.
I'm The Greatest™
n1ckb0n3z View Drop Down
Universal Cynic
Universal Cynic
Bass boss but still a n00b

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n1ckb0n3z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2009 at 18:13
I am listening to Sorrow Live. I wish I was listening to Anesthesia. hopefully that will be the next song on the shuffle. I have their whole discography and live bootlegs on shuffle.
I want BR to play Anesthesia in every language at every country they go to.
Generator
Generator
one

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleverscreename Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2009 at 19:26
right now im listening to the clock ticking behind me. its quite hypnotic.
Jesse View Drop Down
Staff
Staff
I'm with him

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2009 at 23:41
There two records I've been listening to for weeks (maybe even months): Appeal To Reason by Rise Against and Shudder by Bayside. Those records are just great to listen while working.
The past week I've listened to No Substance all the time...(except for Mediocre Minds; I always skip that one).

Edited by Jesse - 02/19/2009 at 23:41
Gotta use your brain, it's the most important part of your equipment.
Kerouac Cat View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Child of the Broken Glass

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kerouac Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2009 at 11:47
Good Luck. Wonderful feel-good songs, super charming.

Bridge And Tunnel. I hope to see them in May if I can find anybody to accompany me...

Nakatomi Plaza. Excellent technical punk. Real shame they're breaking up.

Edited by Kerouac Cat - 02/20/2009 at 11:49
I see a U-Turn up ahead...
Generator
Generator
one

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleverscreename Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2009 at 06:45

God. View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches
All-Mighty Creator of the Universe

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2009 at 14:20
I fail to see how anybody could be excited about the Blink 182 reunion.
Watch out for my stunt blimp.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 170>
  Share Topic