Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 What are you listening to? - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 1
Quote of the day: "The method is a simple synthesis of the past and present state. You never lose if the path you choose is one you can easily navigate" - Shattered Faith
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What are you listening to?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 218>
Author
Kerouac Cat View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Child of the Broken Glass

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kerouac Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What are you listening to?
    Posted: 02/16/2009 at 12:52
Just like the reading topic. Post the album you're currently listening to.

Me: Entire Bad Religion discography for this week to calm me down.
I see a U-Turn up ahead...
I'm Against It View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I'm Against It Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2009 at 13:05

12:34 by Authority Zero

Insanely good band from Arizona but not well known. A good mix of reggae, ska, hardcore punk, and hard rock. Plus it helps me do my Calc homework for some reason. 
This ain't no love song, this is a car crash
Viktor View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2009 at 15:33
Ramones Anthology  
They said that islands were solid as bedrock standing firm forevermore, but over time even basement wastes away to the unrelenting shore
Anti- View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Butt-head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anti- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2009 at 15:40
For the past week, I've mainly been listening to Propagandhi's incredible new album Supporting Caste and Pennywise's classic From the Ashes. Also I've been listening some random Offspring songs.
Sometimes It Feels Like... *?!%+!*#@+¤
Gravel View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
I Rock More Than YOU

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gravel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2009 at 15:40
Authority Zero is pretty good.  The older stuff is a bit better imo, but I've found I've really outgrown the skatepunk sound they lean towards on 12:34.

I'm listening to Jamiroquai!

edit
Also, like Anti- I've listened to Supporting Caste at least a dozen times in it's entireity since it leaked, probably more.

Edited by Gravel - 02/16/2009 at 15:40
The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint; the greats were great because they paint a lot!
AnxietyDestroys View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnxietyDestroys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2009 at 15:59
Minutemen Double- Nickles On The Dime.
Neutral Milk Hotel- Aeroplane over the sea
King Crimson- In the Court of The Crimson King

Currently in my car for listening pleasure.
God. View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches
All-Mighty Creator of the Universe

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2009 at 16:19
Animal Collective -- Merriweather Post Pavilion
Maybe the most hyped band in the blogosphere, but it's a very nicely done album. The vocals are some of the best AC have done.

And AnxietyDestroys, In the Aeroplane Over The Sea may be the greatest thing ever made.
Watch out for my stunt blimp.
sara View Drop Down
Henchman
Henchman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2009 at 16:58
Totally agree with you, AnxietyDestroys and God. - Neutral Milk Hotel is a great band!

Currently taking a break from BR and listening to Josh Ritter - an amazing singer/songwriter from the Northwest U.S., where I grew up.  You can listen to his most recent album in its entirety at http://www.joshritter.com/historical/  .  Check out "Temptation of Adam", "Rumors", "Still Beating" and "To the Dogs...".
Robo Pilgrim View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
linkage robot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robo Pilgrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2009 at 17:45
I made an alphabet playlist of songs, but I don't have any songs that begin with X. I've got all the other letters, though.
Go on take a swig of that poison and like it
son of Stalin View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote son of Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2009 at 19:21
Originally posted by sara sara wrote:

Currently taking a break from BR

LEAVE! lol

i'm listining to indestructable- disturbed (song not album) it's really the only good one they made. All of the others sound satanic
ignorance is the root of fear, and fear is the kindling of anger. War is the bringer of shame and never has a burden lain so heavy on the victim
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I'm Against It Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2009 at 21:42
Originally posted by Gravel Gravel wrote:

Authority Zero is pretty good.  The older stuff is a bit better imo, but I've found I've really outgrown the skatepunk sound they lean towards on 12:34.

That's interesting because I thought 12:34 had too much of a hard rock sound and their previous albums had more of a skatepunk sound. I prefer their ska stuff to their punk stuff though. Also, I agree the old stuff is better, Passage in Time is still my favorite by them.
cleverscreename View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
one

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleverscreename Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2009 at 22:11
howard devoto, jerky versions of the dream.
he who fucks nuns will later join the church.
Gravel View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
I Rock More Than YOU

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gravel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2009 at 23:20
Originally posted by Robo Pilgrim Robo Pilgrim wrote:

I made an alphabet playlist of songs, but I don't have any songs that begin with X. I've got all the other letters, though.

Along with simply filling your criterion, the song "Xanadu" by Rush is fucking fantastic!

I'm listening to an Excision dubstep mix. I can't wait for shambalah!
The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint; the greats were great because they paint a lot!
GillesDeRiceKrispies View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GillesDeRiceKrispies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2009 at 23:43
Nothing I don't normally listen to. Any suggestions?
Christmas Halford is watching you all year every year.
I have a way with words like pedophiles have a way with children, consequently I'm not allowed within 500 feet of a bookstore or library.
Gravel View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
I Rock More Than YOU

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gravel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2009 at 00:12
the new propagandhi!
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I'm Against It Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2009 at 00:14
Originally posted by Brmarlin Brmarlin wrote:

Reel Big Fish
sara View Drop Down
Henchman
Henchman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2009 at 03:31
Originally posted by .son of Stalin .son of Stalin wrote:

Originally posted by sara sara wrote:

Currently taking a break from BR

LEAVE! lol

Ha ha!  It's okay, .son....., by 'break' I meant like half a day.  :-) 

Originally posted by Brmarlin Brmarlin wrote:

Not sure what you normally listen to, but I think that anybody who likes BR would probably like China Drum - a great punk rock band from the U.K.: 

If you want to check out a whole album of theirs, 'Goosefair' rules!.

ivanhopl View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivanhopl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2009 at 05:32
About 90 % Bad Religion ( maybe even 100 % )
Gravel View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
I Rock More Than YOU

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gravel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2009 at 10:26
Russian Circles.  A wicked sweet instrumental band.
ggraffin View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ggraffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2009 at 11:11
Helmet - Meantime / Betty / Aftertaste
I was lookin' back to see if you were lookin' back at me to see me lookin' back at you
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 218>
  Share Topic