Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 i got my wisdom teeth out a few days ago - The Bad Religion page forum
Quote of the day: "Love for God is shown in cash, the love they send is mailbox trash." - Voice Of God Is Government
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

i got my wisdom teeth out a few days ago

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cleverscreename View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
one

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleverscreename Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i got my wisdom teeth out a few days ago
    Posted: 04/23/2009 at 06:35
and on three of the bits, i wouldnt even know they operated on me, if theyd only done those three, id think i just went to sleep for an hour and woke up, FANTASTIC surgery all round there. five stars. but HOLY SHIT, the bottom right of my mouth feels like its been butchered. the operation was late in the day, and i think they must have done the bottom right bit last, and been fed up or something, and gone fuck it, im gonna use the BIG knife. theres cuts that feel like theyre going half way up my jaw, bits of skin flapping out all over the place, and sometimes coming off in nice little surprises for my tongue, some ulcers ive now got because apparently they put little cuts in my tongue, cheek AND gum, and just now, i realised if i suck hard enough, i can suck blood right out of it. pretty cool. but thats not even the worst bit, the worst bit was not being able to eat anything but ice cream, jelly, milk shakes and other assorted cold soft things for four days. which apparently all also contained a high level of sugar. doesnt sound too bad, but when you cant brush your teeth properly, it SUCKS. they feel so fucken dirty! 

anyway, most of the pains died off now, except for the irritation of the ulcers. it turned out to be a nice opportunity to practice using self hypnosis and nlp to cure pain. and it helped me solidify some lessons in fully capturing the power of the present moment. but my question is, do people REALLY need to have their wisdom teeth yanked out? i know some peoples hurt like shit and they say they need them out. but i went through a stage like that about six months ago, although it wasnt all that bad, and then the pain just stopped and never came back. so before the operation i was wondering if this was just a waste of time and even necessary at all. does anyone know that if left in, they can cause problems "down the line" or anything? cause if i had thought of it before it was paid for, i would have loved to have left them in and tried to find out. i cant help thinking this is just one of those things now, like, okay youre at this age you need these teeth pulled out, gimme your money and we'll do it tomorrow. i asked my dentist about it and he gave me some evolutionary reasoning why its necessary, which was interesting, if its true. i think he said something like its because peoples eating habits have changed, our food is more processed now so we dont need to chomp on it as much, which seems feasible. but then he said over the last eighty years or something its become a necessary and the normal thing to get them pulled out. but i everyone knows we havent evolved that much in eighty years. so did people just live with it before then or what? i dunno exactly when penicillin and anaesthesia were invented, but does it magically happen to coincide with the time when it became "necessary" to get your teeth pulled out?

so to sum up, right now im tasting little bits of blood, does anyone know if wisdom teeth left in can be bad for you, and if not, why does everyone get them pulled out nowadays, and if so, what did people do before they were able to operate on them? i dont just mean before they could put you to sleep, i mean before they actually knew how to physically remove them from you properly.

Edited by cleverscreename - 04/23/2009 at 07:02
he who fucks nuns will later join the church.
smarti22 View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
Get off my lawn!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote smarti22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2009 at 10:02
I had the exact same experience 25 years ago.  Easy surgery, and the next day was horrific.

During my youth, I spent 5 years in braces.  Later, my wisdom teeth started to come in impacted, and were actually moving my other teeth.  My mother wasn't going to stand for that.  My orthodontist drove a Jaguar, which my mother called hers, because between me and my 3 siblings, she'd paid for it.  She wasn't about to let my teeth keep moving around.  Plus, they hurt.  So for me, it was a good thing.
Angry nerd, sanctimonious minion, Juris Doctor.
Jesse View Drop Down
Staff
Staff
I'm with him

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2009 at 10:32
Well, here in the Netherlands dentists do not remove the wisdom teeth unless they might cause problems like pressing the other teeth aside. So if your jaw is too small, the wisdom teeth could ruin the stance of the other teeth. However, in some cases the wisdom teeth won't come through and will not be removed by the dentist. Of course it could also be the other way around: sometimes it happens that the wisdom teeth come through but won't affect the other teeth if there's enough space left in the jaws. In that situation the dentist won't remove them either.
I still have my wisdom teeth (luckily enough I've got only two in my lower jaw since my upper jaw's too small to 'grow' wisdom teeth), but I need to get them removed in the near future. :(
Gotta use your brain, it's the most important part of your equipment.
che sus View Drop Down
Infected
Infected

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote che sus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2009 at 11:07
I had 2 removed a few years ago because they were going to be problems, but It's not like everyone have them removed as precaution. Atleast it was free because I was under 20.
-Fatal- Apocalypse View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
Hail!raiser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -Fatal- Apocalypse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2009 at 11:07

I had my wisdom teeth grown when I was 15, never had pains, and no disconfigurated teeths. My advice is the same as for hospitals. Don't ever go see a dentist if you are not in suffering pain.

Prevention Is Propagation.

Hail!
*I Remember The Future.*
che sus View Drop Down
Infected
Infected

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote che sus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2009 at 08:36
By then it could be too late..
Infected
Infected
Hail!raiser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -Fatal- Apocalypse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2009 at 10:41

That's what smart instincts are for ;)

Hail!
*I Remember The Future.*
Gravel View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
I Rock More Than YOU

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gravel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2009 at 11:17
I'm a higher form of sapiens than all of you - I have no wisdom teeth at all.
The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint; the greats were great because they paint a lot!
Kerouac Cat View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Child of the Broken Glass

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kerouac Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2009 at 11:44
YET. Don't say that, you'll jinx it.
I see a U-Turn up ahead...
Generator
Generator
one

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleverscreename Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2009 at 04:43
Atleast it was free because I was under 20. 

WOW. thats cool. is it just dental shit thats free for teenagers? or more operations...
che sus View Drop Down
Infected
Infected

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote che sus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2009 at 09:19
It's a little dependant on where in the country you live, but you either pay a patientfee (~12-25$) or it can be totally free.
Gravel View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
I Rock More Than YOU

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gravel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2009 at 09:35
Originally posted by Kerouac Cat Kerouac Cat wrote:

No, I actually don't have any at all.  Neither of my parents had them, either.  I really am a higher form of evolution than you land monkies.
The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint; the greats were great because they paint a lot!
Julia View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2009 at 11:25
I got 3 of them out about 2 years ago. In austria it depends wheter you go to hospital or to a dentist. I went to hospital (which is cheaper). 2 of them got out pretty easily and it didn't really hurt. But one was in such a bad position that they had to cut a part of the bone. And THAT hurted the day after.

Edited by Julia - 04/26/2009 at 02:08
They`ll tell you that they love you like a spider loves a fly promise you you`re safe but never look you in the eye
Infected
Infected
Hail!raiser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -Fatal- Apocalypse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2009 at 17:53
Originally posted by Gravel Gravel wrote:

Originally posted by Kerouac Cat Kerouac Cat wrote:

No, I actually don't have any at all.  Neither of my parents had them, either.  I really am a higher form of evolution than you land monkies.

Hahaha, dude, it's more like the opposite. And the ladder step above ours is to not have canines. You still have a long way to go, worm ;)

Hail!
*I Remember The Future.*
Hutche_2 View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hutche_2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2018 at 01:56
Eh! Wasn’t it painful? I have an appointment with my dentist Manhattan Beach for this week because my wisdom tooth is slightly affecting my other teeth, which is why my front teeth are overlapping. I am very scared because he will be extracting my wisdom tooth, please tell me it is fine now.
coop View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2018 at 09:18
I am sorry, he is dead now.
Generator
Generator
one

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleverscreename Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2018 at 04:27
wow. memories!

whats weirder than reading this old thread and me not even remembering how fucked my mouth was after, as described in detail in the first post, is the fact that Hutche_2 apparently signed up here just to ask this question?? 🤔

*returns to grave
LV97 View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LV97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2018 at 11:28
My bottom wisdom teeth were grown so badly. They've been difficult to remove.
My mouth was like the area of a plane crash afterwards, for a few weeks.
Nearly one year later, I had small chunks of tooth coming out of my gum* (those were only slightly painful at the moment they came out, but impressive nonetheless).

(* Wait, the English word for that is "gum" ... sound strange for me but if google Translate says it).)

Edited by LV97 - 10/15/2018 at 11:32
http://lv97.net/ - Approximately retired D.I.Y.-punk-private/jokes creations.
Generator
Generator
one

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleverscreename Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2018 at 04:34
i thought belgium was a first world country? what kinda bullshitass dentist you going to?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic