Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 Videogames - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 1
Quote of the day: "It's fucked up beyond all recognition. Just a symptom of the time. You might call it modern cognition. Without a reason or rhyme." - Since Now
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Videogames

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 55>
Poll Question: Do you like videogames?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [2.94%]
17 [10.00%]
98 [57.65%]
50 [29.41%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
atheist peace View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atheist peace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Videogames
    Posted: 08/11/2009 at 04:52
I was reading the posts about E3, and this reminded me that one of the things that made me discover BR was when I heard "You" on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (I think) when I was 16-17. That alone is a good reason for me to like videogames :D 
Well, I've been playing them all my life,I started when i was 5, thanks to my father, and I haven't been able to completely stop playing ever since. I guess i'm something in between a casual and hardcore gamer. Sometimes i stop playing for a while, then I start again. 
At least, I think it's better than being addicted to TV, cause at least you get to interact with something, and not just stare at a screen. Of course, it's not a good thing when you play 24/7, but that can be said about everything.
So ,what do you think? Like them or not? What's your favourite genre?

Edited by atheist peace - 08/11/2009 at 05:17
..because we're animals, with golden rules, who can't be moved by rational views
ProdigalSonBR View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProdigalSonBR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2009 at 05:04
I love strategy games and some rpg's (strange for a mad pacifist i guess), but about a year now i'm bored ever with my favourites (TW, AOE and WC series). I heared BR at Crazy taxy, but back then i wans't into punk at all.
Anti- View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Butt-head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anti- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2009 at 05:19
I used to LOVE AOE and AOE II.
Sometimes It Feels Like... *?!%+!*#@+¤
UbiqueDaemon View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man
Viewing New Posts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UbiqueDaemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2009 at 05:24
Yeah, video games! I too discovered Bad Religion through Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 when it came out! (I was at 5th or 6th grade back then so I was something like 10? Don't remember exactly)
I started playing at age of 5 or 6. My mom bought me a Sega Megadrive II and Lion King (awesome game btw). I'd consider myself a casual gamer. If I'm bored and there's nothing better to do, I might as well start playing something.

I play almost all kind of games. If it has good game playing/plot and I enjoy it, I play it. Graphics don't mean nothing to me. I have PS2, PS1 and Mega Drive II and of course PC. DOS-games are also the best. There are so many good old games that beat the new ones arse.

All time fave game is NHL '94. You just can't beat it. Other faves are: Doom, Companions of Xanth, Sonic series (especially first two), Gran Turismos, Diablos, Half-Life, Final Fantasies, Silent Hills etc. etc. List goes on :D

Edited by UbiqueDaemon - 08/11/2009 at 05:25
MichaelB View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2009 at 05:24
resident evil series is a classic (except for the awful movies).
'Jesus/why'd you have to go and do that/Jesus/where'd you go and get those strange ideas'
Anti- View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Butt-head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anti- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2009 at 05:34
I've played a lot of the football manager series. ..a lot! I'm a huge fan of Half-Life too and I can't wait for the Episode 3 to come out. 

Oh and Pro Evolution Soccer is so much fun to play with friends while drinking.
Sometimes It Feels Like... *?!%+!*#@+¤
Modern Man
Modern Man
Viewing New Posts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UbiqueDaemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2009 at 05:37
Originally posted by Anti- Anti- wrote:

I've played a lot of the football manager series. ..a lot! I'm a huge fan of Half-Life too and I can't wait for the Episode 3 to come out. 

Oh and Pro Evolution Soccer is so much fun to play with friends while drinking.

That's true. NHL, PES and GH in the drunk mode rule :D
I need to buy racing wheel for PS2 so I can play GT4 when drunk, hehe.

Edited by UbiqueDaemon - 08/11/2009 at 05:38
Kavo View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kavo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2009 at 05:50
Although I officially became a Bad Religion fan about last year, I've been listening to BR in my youth. Playing games like TH:Underground and Crazy Taxi and I didn't even know. Surprisingly, Big Bang was one of my favorite song on TH:Underground, even back then. I still play video games (if you read my signature you can tell that). 
Bad Religion Fan Since August 2008. Xbox Live Gamertag - BRFan94
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atheist peace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2009 at 06:17
Yeah, i've played many of the games you mentioned. I play almost all kinds of games, it depends on my mood. Love the AOE series, although I guess I suck a bit in multiplayer.. When someone else reaches the modern age, I might still be at the stone age, more or less :D I'm too slow.
I like first person shooters, they're fun to play when you need to kill someone but don't want to get the death penalty :P i'm not a violent person at all, they're just games. 
And I too used to play PES with friends.. It was fun to see them shouting at each other when someone scored a goal. 
I grew up with point and click adventures, especially the Monkey Island series. 
Right now my favourite genre probably is RPGs. I liked the final fantasy series since when i was a kid, as well as chrono trigger/cross. I enjoyed Xenogears, which isn't as popular as FF, but probably has the best story out of all the rpgs i've played. I think it was banned in the USA because of the mature contents. Has anyone played it? On the PC i liked Neverwinter Nights and similar games.
Maybe it's just me, but it seems that the quality of the videogames is getting lower with time. I haven't enjoyed many new games in the last years. 
..because we're animals, with golden rules, who can't be moved by rational views
ThiagoPD64 View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThiagoPD64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2009 at 06:20
Originally posted by atheist peace atheist peace wrote:

.. and this reminded me that one of the things that made me discover BR was when I heard "You" on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (I think) when I was 16-17.
  The same here, but I was just 13 when this happened.

I don't have a favourite game, but I love to play Call of Duty 4, Counter-Strike, Age of Wonders, Age Of Empires 2, Age of Mythology, The Sims, Roller Coaster and many others. Talking about videogames, I don't have any experience with the sixth and seventh generations of videogames so my favorite videogames are Crash Bandicoot, GoldenEye 007, Mario Kart 64, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater.
Sun's coming up and I can't decide, to spill my emotions or keep them inside..
ThiagoPD64 View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThiagoPD64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2009 at 06:35
Originally posted by atheist peace atheist peace wrote:

Yeah, i've played many of the games you mentioned. I play almost all kinds of games, it depends on my mood. Love the AOE series, although I guess I suck a bit in multiplayer.. When someone else reaches the modern age, I might still be at the stone age, more or less :D I'm too slow.
If you get faster, you will see the best game mode is the multiplayer. It's amazing when you see the first troops attacking your village but if you can overwhelm them, it becomes even more amazing. Suggestion: Try 1x2 at easy or 1x1 at moderate difficult mode.
Sun's coming up and I can't decide, to spill my emotions or keep them inside..
Modern Man
Modern Man
Viewing New Posts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UbiqueDaemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2009 at 06:36
The original THPS rules so much. I used to go to my friend just to play it and Heroes of Might and Magic III. You can complete the game 100% in ~20mins with one character. Love it hehe :D
JakkoztaR View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JakkoztaR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2009 at 07:29
The Mega Man games on NES are the best games ever made, period.
Faith alone won't sustain us anymore.
n1ckb0n3z View Drop Down
Universal Cynic
Universal Cynic
Bass boss but still a n00b

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n1ckb0n3z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2009 at 07:33
I also discovered bad religion through video games. THPS2 - you, THUG1 - big bang, THAW - we're only gonna die, THP8 - social suicide. Tony hawk was all i played. Now all i play is skate 2 and Rock band 2. 
I want BR to play Anesthesia in every language at every country they go to.
calrockx View Drop Down
Henchman
Henchman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calrockx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2009 at 07:46
Despite all the fancy new consoles, my favorite system remains SNES.
And on that, I will rock any of you at Super Mario Kart. You know, in case you were wondering.
GillesDeRiceKrispies View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GillesDeRiceKrispies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2009 at 11:07
I discovered Bad Religion because of Crazy Taxi on the Dreamcast when I was 8, and rediscovered them 2 years later when I got Crazy Taxi 3.

I love video games. Favorite genre is stealth (which is odd, because none of my favorite games are stealth games), but since I can't find that many great stealth games, I tend to play FPS a lot and just play in a stealthy manner. RPGs are also fun, but I have to stay away from MMOs, I get addicted too easily. If anyone here plays on Xbox Live, my GamerTag is the exact same thing as my username here, so send me a friend request or game invite. It would be fun to play sometime.

Favorite games:
Team Fortress 2, Crackdown, Rock Band, Saints Row 2, Left 4 Dead, Half-Life series, Deus Ex, Psychonauts, Dead Rising, and Fable.
The Fault Line View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Fault Line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2009 at 13:39
Yeah growing up I played videogames all the time, I still play them now, but I don't really play very many current generation titles other than some sports games. I just don't feel real motivated to try out new games (other than some rpgs) so I usually just keep going back to the classics. Whether that be stuff on the first playstation, NES or even the ol' Atari 2600.
(notyoursavior78)
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atheist peace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2009 at 18:42
Originally posted by Brmarlin Brmarlin wrote:

I discovered Bad Religion because of Crazy Taxi on the Dreamcast when I was 8, and rediscovered them 2 years later when I got Crazy Taxi 3.

I love video games. Favorite genre is stealth (which is odd, because none of my favorite games are stealth games), but since I can't find that many great stealth games, I tend to play FPS a lot and just play in a stealthy manner. RPGs are also fun, but I have to stay away from MMOs, I get addicted too easily. If anyone here plays on Xbox Live, my GamerTag is the exact same thing as my username here, so send me a friend request or game invite. It would be fun to play sometime.

Favorite games:
Team Fortress 2, Crackdown, Rock Band, Saints Row 2, Left 4 Dead, Half-Life series, Deus Ex, Psychonauts, Dead Rising, and Fable.

Have you ever played No One Lives Forever? It's kinda old now, but that was a fun game to play..I guess one of the best in the genre.. FPS with a lot of stealth.. And love scenes.. like this one:
And.. monkeys:
GillesDeRiceKrispies View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GillesDeRiceKrispies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2009 at 19:39
No, I haven't, but I'll check it out - it looks interesting, and Monolith is one of my favorite devs - I absolutely adored FEAR and Condemned. Their sequels were not quite as good, but still fun. Condemned 2 up to and including the bear chase was fantastic....after that, not so much.
Baird View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2009 at 17:44

I am a hardcore gamer, but that's just because a lot of the games I play have great music on them.

He who can not think, can not know.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 55>
  Share Topic