Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 Videogames - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 2
Quote of the day: "A few of us are struggling desperately to shoot the albatross of H.M.S. Humanity. It's time to bail, but I think it's too late." - Hole In The Ship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Videogames

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 52>
Poll Question: Do you like videogames?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [3.07%]
16 [9.82%]
94 [57.67%]
48 [29.45%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
GillesDeRiceKrispies View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GillesDeRiceKrispies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2009 at 01:37
I really hope your username isn't after the Gears character....
Christmas Halford is watching you all year every year.
I have a way with words like pedophiles have a way with children, consequently I'm not allowed within 500 feet of a bookstore or library.
Baird View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2009 at 01:41

Originally posted by Brmarlin Brmarlin wrote:

No, it's not, it's from the Irish word for "bard".

Why Bard? Because my favourite game is The Bard's Tale.

Edited by Baird - 08/14/2009 at 05:45
He who can not think, can not know.
badrelgnsf View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
lost in ramble nation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badrelgnsf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2009 at 15:06
bards tale original.. or the crappy remake?

i love the origi...
im a hardcore gamer.. and a classic one...
nothing beats old games, as new games have lost their soul in sacrifice for visuals... character depth for bloom and hdr... wee...

fallout 3 is a prime example of a failing community of droning zombie pushing game devs..

" Oprah, Why Can't I Fly Even If I Believe I Can?!"
Baird View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2009 at 16:22

Original AND the crappy remake.

I love 'em both, actually.

Indeed, modern games are quite idiotic and goalless, while games like Mario and Tetris train your brain.

The Fault Line View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Fault Line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2009 at 19:11
Btw, a lot of videogames have some of my favorite music. :)

I don't agree all modern games are idiotic, but I do favor the older games in general. It's not like Doom involved a lot of thought, but I love that game!! Halo?? Pfffft it wishes it was as cool as Doom ;)
(notyoursavior78)
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GillesDeRiceKrispies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2009 at 02:15
Originally posted by Baird Baird wrote:

Yay, I learned a new Irish word! thanks.
I have a way with words like pedophiles have a way with children, consequently I'm not allowed within 500 feet of a bookstore or library.
Baird View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2009 at 03:40

Originally posted by Baird Baird wrote:

Yay, I learned a new Irish word! thanks.

Are you interested in Ireland?

I'm originally from Ireland. I was born there, but when I was 5, we went to Belgium. =/

OT:

It's true that a lot of videogames have awesome music on them, for example: the tetris themesong! It's on my ipod in 5 different versions (rock version, drum 'n bass version, original, metal version and rockabilly version)

Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GillesDeRiceKrispies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2009 at 11:28
Nope, not really. I mean, I guess it's an interesting enough country. I was very tired and that response made perfect sense in my mind at the time.
The Same Person
The Same Person
lost in ramble nation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badrelgnsf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2009 at 14:57
barid thats not the genre im talking of... and you know it..

pong anyone.. thats brain function zero..

(wasnt speaking of console classics mate)

and doom the game.. good? really.. .. hmm... fooled me..
pointless pda... no scares when you can save and load on will.. just save.. run.. know whats happening.. load.. and walla... that kills most games like FEAR and such.. FEAR part 1.. much better game than doom .. fear 2.. uber bad..

LV97 View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LV97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2009 at 15:15
I've been playing Nintendo game at 6 years olds. Have had many different periods in my life regarding videos games and styles of games. Sometimes I could have said video games suck, sometimes I could have said I'm a hardcore gamer. But I think they're just part of culture now.

My best video game memories are Zelda III (Snes), X-wing, Tie Fighter, Dune 2, Waracraft 2, Day of the Tentacles, Syndicates, Civilization series/Colonization, ... I probably forget some ...

More recently I've been making videos in World of Warcraft, tested Eve Online, and sometimes been 'addicted' to Civilization IV.

I'm not playing anything right now, but the only thing I'm really expecting to test is Starcraft II.

(Never played a game for the music !)

Edited by LV97 - 08/15/2009 at 15:17
http://lv97.net/ - Randomly stupid-or-less-stupid punk-or-non-punk D.I.Y. creations, but except the penguins it's mostly in French. And no I'm not French but Belgian with some Italian origins.
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Fault Line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2009 at 17:37
I was talking about Doom on the old PSX. You coudn't save and load like that. On the PC versions you could, but you are just taking the challenge outta the game there yourself. 

Playing classic games on new systems really take the challenge of the old games since a lot of times they let you save anywhere. That's dumb because people just then tend to abuse that stuff.
(notyoursavior78)
atheist peace View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atheist peace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2009 at 18:00
Originally posted by badrelgnsf badrelgnsf wrote:

pointless pda... no scares when you can save and load on will.. just save.. run.. know whats happening.. load.. and walla... that kills most games like FEAR and such.. FEAR part 1.. much better game than doom .. fear 2.. uber bad..

Which classic games do you like?
As for Doom, well, I played it when it first came out, and FPS were still a new thing, so I guess it was good at least for its time, although now it may look rudimentary. 
FPS aren't my favourite games, but they can be fun to play. I haven't played many of the recent ones, especially because they become repetitive.. I played Crysis and I didn't really enjoy it.. It's almost the same thing as Far Cry, only with slightly better graphics (unless you have a super computer and can play it with all details set on High) and it's really short.. Nothing special in my opinion. I prefer Bioshock.. at least the storyline is a bit more original than the one of other FPS. 
What I usually don't enjoy much about FPS is the storyline..And some of them are plainly military propaganda..Don't like that..although they're just games.
What I dislike about recent PC games is that I noticed that too often developers rush to release them when they can still be considered "beta" material.. then, when it comes out,  you get an extremely buggy game which needs tons of updates to run OK, a game that is not really optimized and will run slowly even on the fastest computer in existence, or a game with a really bad ending (cause the company decided they had to release it quickly).. It's all done to make you spend money on the newest pc.. with the newest graphics card.. with the latest system.. Screw that.. I'd rather stick with the older stuff.
And another thing that sucks is that some games get too much publicity, while some good games don't. 
..because we're animals, with golden rules, who can't be moved by rational views
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atheist peace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2009 at 18:25
Originally posted by The Fault Line The Fault Line wrote:

I was talking about Doom on the old PSX. You coudn't save and load like that. On the PC versions you could, but you are just taking the challenge outta the game there yourself. 

Playing classic games on new systems really take the challenge of the old games since a lot of times they let you save anywhere. That's dumb because people just then tend to abuse that stuff.

That's true, although probably one of the biggest challenges i took in videogames, was when i played an old game, the original Prince of Persia (the one in 2D).. You had 1 hour time to finish the game and couldn't save. If you died you had to restart the level. Maybe it seemed a challenge to me because i was just a child, but I remember getting upset when I died and realized there were a few minutes left to finish the game.
The traps scared me. 
Fun times.

..because we're animals, with golden rules, who can't be moved by rational views
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Fault Line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2009 at 18:59
Man I dunno I played pretty much every game on the NES, a lot of Atari 2600 games (I actually have a Atari 7800 on the left side of my LCD tv and a PS3 on the right side of my tv). Talk about a huuge generatation gap there. Then yeah I played a whole bunch of Genesis/Snes/PSX/Ps2. As far as PS3 games though I mostly just play sports games on it ha, that's most of my collection for the PS3 anyway.

I remember that name and I'm sure I played it, but I never really got into it. I'm pretty big on RPGs too so I know a lot of obscure rpgs before Final Fantasy VII hit big and still others after it hit.
(notyoursavior78)
ThiagoPD64 View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThiagoPD64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2009 at 19:18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU- 9721989 views
Sun's coming up and I can't decide, to spill my emotions or keep them inside..
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GillesDeRiceKrispies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2009 at 21:29
There are some shooters with good stories...Deus Ex, System Shock, BioShock...Condemned: Criminal Origins had a good one as well even if it isn't really a shooter.
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atheist peace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2009 at 02:06
Originally posted by ThiagoSF87 ThiagoSF87 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU- 9721989 views

haha, i've seen that before, too funny
UbiqueDaemon View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man
Viewing New Posts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UbiqueDaemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2009 at 02:54
Prince of Persia is one of my all time favorites. I hated the first fight with the swordman when I was young and I still hate it :D
I even downloaded the game to my webfolder in high school so I could play it from every computer in there. I remember when I was playing it when we had a substitute teacher in health education and we held presentations in groups. Of course I was playing Prince of Persia with those beeping DOS-sounds, haha.
The substitute teacher said we can play if we don't talk and disturb others. I loved the face of people when I opened for example doors in the game. BEEP, BEEP, BEEP. Talk about dying...
The Same Person
The Same Person
lost in ramble nation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badrelgnsf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2009 at 08:44
oh ok so the original POP :P nice

i love lucasarts and sierraonline games... talk about dying..try space quests.

i used to work in oakhurst at the main sierra online building under roberta williams and ken (her hubby)
now retired..

old advents and rpgs are my bag.. but pop is a classic.. and they even did a nice job on sands of time remake but the rest are shat.
as for the bards tale re go.. its not a remake and its got some generic top down dnd angle.. but you add carey ewles.(SP) from princess bride  and ill buy anything he is in :P

even old shooters rocked.. ROTT... rise of the triad for you non geeks..
hexen... blood.. blood 2.. etc and yes DEuS EX is great.. part 1 anyway part 2 is well meh
and another FPS RPG that got passed over is ArX Fatalis
RPG .. anachronox... i also know tom hall.. and american mcgee.. well used to know american before he got bigger.. back when he and tom were programing levels on doom..

which they have both said was the worst game and experience of their lives

tom also made comander keen.. for those that know it :P

Edited by badrelgnsf - 08/16/2009 at 08:46
Baird View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2009 at 10:15
Originally posted by badrelgnsf badrelgnsf wrote:

Well, I guess it all depends on your taste on games.

I really love games like pong and tetris! You know, the games that you can keep on playing forever, because there's no end to them.

When I play tetris on my old NES, I put it on pause when I go to bed and when I want to play again, I just turn it on again.

And I'm absolutely in LOVE with the old marios! Not the new 3D ones, fuck that shit. 

And Sonic is great too.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 52>
  Share Topic