Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 10/26 Irving Plaza Show 2 of 3 - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 1
Quote of the day: "10 million dollars on a losing campaign, 20 million starving and writhing in pain" - Punk Rock Song
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

10/26 Irving Plaza Show 2 of 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10/26 Irving Plaza Show 2 of 3
    Posted: 10/26/2010 at 22:14
Just got home a sweaty mess (again).... just when you thought last week's show was awesome...

Now i haven't been to a BR show in a few years since these.... but I have to say..

Best. Show. Ever.  Period.
The first show was actually better... but I was just too excited getting back home :-)  They played the songs during the area most of us just learned about them.  early - mid 90's.

Now, I am new here.  Call me a noob or whatever... but i see that Simian is quite the popular guy here.  So it was funny to turn my head back and see him with Goggles around his neck and Reagan shirt... rocking out.  I think that was him. 

Anyone else here thought it was a TREMENDOUS show?

VIP was pretty cool... though the group photo was a GROUP photo of everyone who bought the pass.  Greg G snuck away and the other guys were more than accomodating in schmoozing and taking pictures and signing stuff.  What a great bunch of guys...  There is just too much to process of the awesoeness that was this afternoon/evening.

Edited by frod79 - 10/27/2010 at 07:20
"Some claim there was no great shoeman in the sky, others say the answer won't be known until the other shoe drops" - Al Bundy
GregBX View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregBX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2010 at 22:25
I posted the setlist on here. I think I may have the placement of Atomic Garden wrong. Aside from that, im pretty sure it's 100% accurate.
Already aired my grievances about the VIP thing. Its not a big deal anyway, the shows are what it's about. I heard people grumbling that it wasnt as good as the first night, but I think it was on par with it. Greg seemed to have a real beef with the sound guy though. I dont think anyone else but Greg thought the mic sounded bad.
kariscene View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission
Ultimate Brett Fangirl

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kariscene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2010 at 22:33
Originally posted by frod79 frod79 wrote:

Now, I am new here.  Call me a noob or whatever... but i see that Simian is quite the popular guy here.  So it was funny to turn my head back and see him with Goggles around his neck and Reagan shirt... rocking out.

Nah, you're new, but you're not a n00b :). On another note, I've greatly enjoyed watching simian's meteoric rise to fame :)

Glad you guys had a great time!
Give us this day our daily Brett.    http://fuckyeahbrettgurewitz.tumblr.com/
tested View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tested Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2010 at 22:34

There can't be multiple n00bs or the universe will collapse on its self!

“When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.”
n1ckb0n3z View Drop Down
Universal Cynic
Universal Cynic
Bass boss but still a n00b

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n1ckb0n3z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2010 at 22:38
only room for one n00b. btw i saw you multiple times frod. I thought to myself "hey that's the guy from the BR page that says he's built like a brick shit house." 

Is it me or were the levels on their mics WAY too low?

Edited by n1ckb0n3z - 10/26/2010 at 22:39
I want BR to play Anesthesia in every language at every country they go to.
kariscene View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission
Ultimate Brett Fangirl

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kariscene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2010 at 22:47
Originally posted by n1ckb0n3z n1ckb0n3z wrote:

only room for one n00b. btw i saw you multiple times frod. I thought to myself "hey that's the guy from the BR page that says he's built like a brick shit house."

That was a memorable description for sure :)

Oh, and awesome new avatar, tested!
Give us this day our daily Brett.    http://fuckyeahbrettgurewitz.tumblr.com/
n1ckb0n3z View Drop Down
Universal Cynic
Universal Cynic
Bass boss but still a n00b

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n1ckb0n3z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2010 at 23:07
When Graffin threw his mic at brooks at the beginning of generator, i was very surprised. i had no idea what was going on. I assume it was because of the sound issue.
I want BR to play Anesthesia in every language at every country they go to.
MCoates View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCoates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2010 at 23:19
So, I know i took a group photo of all of us tonight but....

my phone deleted! i dont know why but its gone, by most sincere apology. It was great meeting everyone tonight; On my way to the train i ran into Brian Baker and he said 2 or 3 new america songs tomorrow!
Might Makes RIght!
torbar View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
Doctor of Doctored Photos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2010 at 23:32
Originally posted by MCoates MCoates wrote:

So, I know i took a group photo of all of us tonight but....

my phone deleted!

Nooo.  We'll have to take another one tomorrow, and I'll photoshop simian into it for us.
che sus View Drop Down
Infected
Infected

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote che sus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2010 at 02:26
Originally posted by MCoates MCoates wrote:

t; On my way to the train i ran into Brian Baker and he said 2 or 3 new america songs tomorrow!
yayyy, needless to say, Jay's presence here has influenced sets in our favour! My dog these sets have been amazing!
calrockx View Drop Down
Henchman
Henchman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calrockx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2010 at 04:20
It was a great show. I was surprised to hear those two No Substance Tracks.

It was fun talking ITU with Jay and hockey with Hetson before the show. 
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2010 at 04:55

When Graffin threw his mic at brooks at the beginning of generator, i was very surprised. i had no idea what was going on. I assume it was because of the sound issue.

Greg's vocals were a little low to me, particularly up front... maybe they didnt pump enough on through the front monitors and/or mains

Thanks for the non n00b status.   I think tonight's show is going to be a "hang out in the balcony" type of night.  my body hurts.  this old man can't take too much excitement.  gonna post the few pics from my cell on the show page.  should get the rest this afternoon.

Looking forward to those New America songs

Edited by frod79 - 10/27/2010 at 05:02
"Some claim there was no great shoeman in the sky, others say the answer won't be known until the other shoe drops" - Al Bundy
Atzlan View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atzlan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2010 at 05:48

Yeah I ran into Brian at the bar around the corner. Really cool guy. Said they'd be doing some stuff off of TNA.

Wahoo.

I feel a bit too old to bang around down front again.... but I probably still will, haha
Well madness reigned and paradise drowned...
mikec View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2010 at 05:52
It was a very good show.  I had lots of fun hearing songs i'd never heard like gray race, stranger than fiction, struck a nerve, atomic garden.  I lost my mind during Turn on the light, come join us, and modern man.  I think I've finally got old man syndrome too.  Like Greg was saying last night, I think my days trying to navigate the pit may be coming to an end!  :/  Oh well, looking forward to the final night! 
shermbe View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shermbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2010 at 05:59
what time did they go on?

i've got tix for tonights show and im just getting over a cold so i'd like to not stand around for 2 hours.

were there any openers? i see they play close to 30 songs so im not sure if anyone was opening these shows.
Atzlan View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atzlan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2010 at 06:11

They came on at 10 (or just before) both nights.

There are two opening bands (doors open at 7)... Off With Their Heads (pretty alright) and The Aggrolites (reggae band...not a good fit for a BR show IMO)
shermbe View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shermbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2010 at 06:23
thanks. i sold my ticket for last nights show, i wanted to make atleast 1, sick or not
Graffinius View Drop Down
Staff
Staff
punk bunny in a man suit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graffinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2010 at 07:56

As much as I love Greg, that's one thing about him that I have noticed throughout the years...  he throws little hissy fits on stage. 

Edited by Graffinius - 10/27/2010 at 07:56
I bless the rains down in Africa, I bless the rains down in Africa I bless the rains down in Africa, I bless the rains down in Africa, I bless the rains down in Africa
Atzlan View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atzlan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2010 at 07:57
Originally posted by shermbe shermbe wrote:

thanks. i sold my ticket for last nights show, i wanted to make atleast 1, sick or not

Sure thing... and if it's anywhere near as hot as last night, you'll sweat the sick right out of ya!
MCoates View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCoates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2010 at 08:42
I'm saying tonight we should keep hollering and hooting until we get a real encore, not one of these pre planned ones, gotta get them to think about the songs
Might Makes RIght!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic