Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 Discography v2.0 LIVE! - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 9
Quote of the day: "She was living on the edge of a knife. His head was filled with restless ghosts. It's so easy to love a bringer of destruction. She said, "Darling I love you madly"." - The Devil in Stitches
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Discography v2.0 LIVE!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
Author
Jesse View Drop Down
Staff
Staff
I'm with him

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2011 at 13:26
I updated the versions of the Atomic Garden 7". Posthc's version wasn't blue, but it was also one that hadn't been added to the discography. There seem to be some slight differences when it comes to the "s-design" label. Now there's a complete white label (posthc's version) and a white "etched" version. I wonder how many other labels are still out there that we don't know about!
Gotta use your brain, it's the most important part of your equipment.
Alice View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man
12 hours wiser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2011 at 02:49
Dammit, now I'll have to go and check all mine!
All part of the fun of collecting :)
posthc View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches
OBI-Wan KenOBI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote posthc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2011 at 12:47
i try to send a few picture of my Generator Demo 7inch      but im not sure witch one to send theme .... mine have white label      this one is right ? http://www.thebrpage.net/discography/variation.asp?varID=473
Jesse View Drop Down
Staff
Staff
I'm with him

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2011 at 13:20
Originally posted by posthc posthc wrote:

i try to send a few picture of my Generator Demo 7inch      but im not sure witch one to send theme .... mine have white label      this one is right ? http://www.thebrpage.net/discography/variation.asp?varID=473
Looks like it's indeed that one. Since we already have a set of good quality pictures it's not necessary to upload other images. That's why I removed your submitted photos. I wanted to send you a PM but I hadn't got around doing that yet.
posthc View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches
OBI-Wan KenOBI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote posthc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2011 at 13:54
Perfect
Alice View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man
12 hours wiser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2012 at 20:19
frod and I have been having some fun comparing our 7" eps to what in the discog, and now we're confused.

I hope we haven't found any new versions, but I have the pink and the red Europe vinyls, and both of these are in gatefold covers, without lyric sheets. Can anybody confirm if these Euro versions did indeed come with gatefolds, and not with the standard fold out cover like the US versions did?
I'm asking because one other Europe edition (unknown colour) has been listed as a gatefold cover, but the others haven't.
frod also has a Europe white vinyl gatefold cover version that isn't listed- is this possibly the unknown colour version?

Also, the US marbled grey edition is listed as a 'second pressing' in the description. Does this just mean that it's the reissue version, or is there actually a first pressing of the grey vinyl somewhere?

Questions, questions...  :)
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2012 at 20:26
Originally posted by Alice Alice wrote:

frod and I have been having some fun comparing our 7" eps to what in the discog, and now we're confused.

I hope we haven't found any new versions, but I have the pink and the red Europe vinyls, and both of these are in gatefold covers, without lyric sheets. Can anybody confirm if these Euro versions did indeed come with gatefolds, and not with the standard fold out cover like the US versions did?
I'm asking because one other Europe edition (unknown colour) has been listed as a gatefold cover, but the others haven't.
frod also has a Europe white vinyl gatefold cover version that isn't listed- is this possibly the unknown colour version?

Also, the US marbled grey edition is listed as a 'second pressing' in the description. Does this just mean that it's the reissue version, or is there actually a first pressing of the grey vinyl somewhere?

Questions, questions...  :)

Yeah i think this covers our convo :) 
FYI The White Gatefold was purchased on Kingsroad Europe and the Gray Marble was purchased on KR here in the states.   Not sure if that matters or not.  My guess is the Gray (US) and the White (UK) are the most common versions around hence no "limited to xxx copies" . Perhaps a comment can be placed "common version" or something to that effect.

Does anyone here have the "Black/Red Marble" Euro version that can provide a pic? I'm curious as to what i am looking for, visually.

Edited by frod79 - 01/21/2012 at 20:39
"Some claim there was no great shoeman in the sky, others say the answer won't be known until the other shoe drops" - Al Bundy
Alice View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man
12 hours wiser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2012 at 17:35
*bump* 

C'mon people.  Lots of people have these (hopefully unsealed). We demand answers!  http://www.thebrpage.net/discography/item.asp?itemID=40
MONOLITH View Drop Down
Staff
Staff
will outbid you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MONOLITH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2012 at 09:58
Yup.. Who's got a red-black marble?? Anyone ever seen one??
Red and pink euro 7''s I remember

Bombarded by multiple choices 24/7 - Navigating a tangled web of logic and passion...
Jesse View Drop Down
Staff
Staff
I'm with him

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2012 at 12:56
Originally posted by MONOLITH MONOLITH wrote:

Yup.. Who's got a red-black marble?? Anyone ever seen one?? 

Jon seems to have that one, so I guess it exists then (I had my doubts when I added it to the disco).

By the way...can somebody (frod or jon, or anyone else who has this one) provide some more info about this version (i.e. vinyl color and such)? Is it just a regular black vinyl?
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2012 at 16:04
Once i obtain these in the mail i will be sure to update.  It's been one to two weeks on some of these,  and it's just taking forever to get here.

Edited by frod79 - 01/30/2012 at 16:11
"Some claim there was no great shoeman in the sky, others say the answer won't be known until the other shoe drops" - Al Bundy
MONOLITH View Drop Down
Staff
Staff
will outbid you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MONOLITH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2012 at 00:14
Just infoing..: Both of my European gatefolds are red (dark) vinyl.
Haven't yet gotten a pink one.. Nor seen any black euro 7's around..
Bombarded by multiple choices 24/7 - Navigating a tangled web of logic and passion...
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2012 at 11:34
Ok i got one in the mail yesterday and it is a (Europe) dark red vinyl in a gate fold cover with no lyric sheet.  I could swear i asked this guy repeatedly if this was a black vinyl and he said yes. Maybe he thought i was talking about the cover itself being that it is black because it arrived unopened.   But i cant remember because the site wiped out my message history.

Still no pink vinyl and the one that came with no control vinyl :(  hopefully it didnt get lost. 3 weeks and counting.

Edited by frod79 - 02/08/2012 at 12:52
Alice View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man
12 hours wiser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2012 at 23:18
Hi Jesse. Would you be able to add a promo to the Discography for me? Thanks!

Unamed promo
Label: Sony Music Entertainment Mexico/ Colombia
Run out: PRCD 96734
Release date: Unknown

Misc: 2 track - Promo - Compilation - Sampler - cardboard sleeve
Jesse View Drop Down
Staff
Staff
I'm with him

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2012 at 14:21

Unamed promo

Thanks! I've added it to the discography: http://www.thebrpage.net/discography/variation.asp?varID=687
I already found some images, but if you have a complete set you can submit them and I will remove the ones I uploaded. :)
Alice View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man
12 hours wiser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2012 at 15:32
Originally posted by Jesse Jesse wrote:

Unamed promo

Thanks! I've added it to the discography: http://www.thebrpage.net/discography/variation.asp?varID=687
I already found some images, but if you have a complete set you can submit them and I will remove the ones I uploaded. :)

I think the cover image you found might look a bit better than mine! Just pick whichever one looks better. Thanks!
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2012 at 13:32
Originally posted by Marty Marty wrote:

Originally posted by Raindancer Raindancer wrote:

(...) 2. maybe you should be able to see the setlist of an album by clicking (for example): "all albums" -> "[random album name]".
That would only work if an album had just one page & tracklist (like in the old discography)... however, with all those different versions there's no such thing as the tracklist. For example, the songs on the LP version of TDoM are in a different order than the ones on the CD version... and the Japanese version has 1 extra song.
I don't know if anyone noticed, but since about a month the tracklist is displayed when you click on an album... with all the different versions of the release still below it.
Alice View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man
12 hours wiser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2012 at 16:10

(...) 2. maybe you should be able to see the setlist of an album by clicking (for example): "all albums" -> "[random album name]".
That would only work if an album had just one page & tracklist (like in the old discography)... however, with all those different versions there's no such thing as the tracklist. For example, the songs on the LP version of TDoM are in a different order than the ones on the CD version... and the Japanese version has 1 extra song.
I don't know if anyone noticed, but since about a month the tracklist is displayed when you click on an album... with all the different versions of the release still below it.

I did! It's an interesting feature. i haven't had to use it much yet, but I'm sure the time will come.
Raindancer View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man
It's Rainy man. Hallelujah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raindancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2012 at 01:59

I didn't. Thanks for the heads up! Now that's one click less for me when I'm searching for lyrics ;)

Ich bin ein Weltraumfahrer, ein Regentänzer, ein Waldbeschützer
Alice View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man
12 hours wiser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2012 at 04:28
I got a bit sick of the whole Europe RSD release, and what exactly was this mythical red-black marble 7" that not even Mono has managed to get his hands on. So I went in search of one. 

I already had one of the 'standard' marbled solid red vinyls, and then found a black-red marble on ebay. The accompanying blurb on the listing doesn't mention three Europe variations, only two (red-marble and pink). Given he was selling a red-marble which had been ordered from a store, I would assume that the store had recieved (and then sold) these under the red-marble label as well.   

"After years of collecting punk vinyl, I am selling off the last of my (once great) collection.  This is one of my copies of Bad Religion's S/T EP.  This was a re-press of their original 1981 7-inch that was a Radio Store Day 2009 exclusive.  This variant is a little harder to find than some of the others that are out there.  There were four different colors between the US pressings (black, red, white, and gray), but only two colors were pressed for the UK variants (red/black, and pink).  There were only 530 copies pressed on this red/black, making it rarer than the US red.  The UK variants were released by Epitaph Europe and came in a gatefold-style cover, unlike the US pressings.  These did not have lyric sheets, though, as the US pressings did.  This is a darker shade of red than the US red variants, also.

I'm listing this record as used, but only because it hasn't been stored in a plastic sleeve for it's entire life.  I ordered it from Banquet Records on Record Store Day and have never once played it, so the vinyl is in brand new condition."

I've compared this one with my solid red EU vinyl, and I don't see much difference. Both are marbled, and both have some black marbling as well.

I find it really odd that nowhere else on the webs I have found any mention of 3 Europe variations, only the pink and the red-black. And that actually includes on here. It's only in the discog that we have this 3rd solid red variation.

http://www.noidearecords.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=271 is an interesting thread, especially for the apparent emails from Epitaph confirming only two Euro variations- pink and a red-black.  

What I would like to know (and this is for everyone who has bought the Euro versions), what does your vinyl actually look like? A casual glance at both of mine shows a red marble. A closer look under good light shows a solid red marble with very dark red/ black swirls. Jon is the only person that has one of both and he hasn't posted any photos of his black-red marble, so we really do need to know why he thinks there are two red variations instead of one.

So, any comments?

(Also, I assume it's a typo, but the catalog ID in the discog for the red-black marble is the US ID, not the Euro ID).

Edited by Alice - 07/02/2012 at 04:32
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
  Share Topic