Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 Pennywise Return To The Studio - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 5
Quote of the day: "But I'll believe in God when 1 and 1 are 5" - Do What You Want
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pennywise Return To The Studio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
Muu View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2012 at 09:41
I guess it goes without saying that I'm not going to pay 35 euros to see PW in 2012. Nosturi sucks when you're old enough to drink but you can't take a drink with you outside a small area. But BR was great in there in 2004 and there were LOTS of crow surfers in that show. And wtf finnish crowds are not out of control? Have you ever seen a punk rock show in Sweden? 
Needs a sense of relevance or something to rebel against.
Anti- View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Butt-head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anti- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2012 at 09:59
Originally posted by Muu Muu wrote:

I guess it goes without saying that I'm not going to pay 35 euros to see PW in 2012. Nosturi sucks when you're old enough to drink but you can't take a drink with you outside a small area. But BR was great in there in 2004 and there were LOTS of crow surfers in that show. And wtf finnish crowds are not out of control? Have you ever seen a punk rock show in Sweden? 

So it's safe to say that we're gonna have an awesome show? 
Sometimes It Feels Like... *?!%+!*#@+¤
UbiqueDaemon View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man
Viewing New Posts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UbiqueDaemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2012 at 14:51

And wtf finnish crowds are not out of control?

You know, I was just trying to make one of these lame jokes which are an essential part of TheBRPage. Guess I failed miserably. I've been to lots of punk gigs in finland, usually the crowds have been great and at least some of the people are out of control so you don't have to be out of control alone.

Edited by UbiqueDaemon - 03/23/2012 at 14:52
tbx View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2012 at 22:36
Originally posted by frod79 frod79 wrote:

Originally posted by tbx tbx wrote:

Originally posted by I'm Against It I'm Against It wrote:

The new song is definitely Pennywise, but the lyrics are so freaking dumb that I cringed a few times.

So it's definitely Pennywise then.
i want to buy this guy a drink. but only if you can sing a pw song  that doesnt have a line ending in society or a words that rhymes with it.

Does one of their covers count? -

When the night has come
and the land is dark
and the moon is the only light we'll see
No I won't be afraid, I won't be afraid
As long as we unite for society

Stand by me
for society
Stand by me

damn it.
Metmass View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metmass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2012 at 12:31

I can't call myself a Pennywise fan but I have listened to a fair share of their material through the last decade (I think the first contact was Greed in Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX - anyone?) and I definitely love some of their stuff.

I've never heard Ignite so I don't know the new singer.

I listened to the new song... and... it's a proper Pennywise song. Just that. Seems like one of dozens. The addition of Zoli's voice to the mix makes it a little bit different but... still, it's just a Pennywise song. I guess it's probably supposed to be that?

UbiqueDaemon View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man
Viewing New Posts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UbiqueDaemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2012 at 21:33
Originally posted by Metmass Metmass wrote:

(I think the first contact was Greed in Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX - anyone?)

Oh yes, the thing that introduced me to punk along THPS2 :D
Metmass View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metmass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2012 at 03:35
I had already been into Offspring since age 10 but yeah, later a lot of it came from these two games, totally :)
SOLDSHORT View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
fishtank survivor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOLDSHORT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2012 at 11:26
THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY
DaymanVersusNightman View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaymanVersusNightman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2012 at 12:36
The new single they just released is okay.  Very generic sounding pop punk, but fairly catchy.
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2012 at 12:56
i like the single.!
"Some claim there was no great shoeman in the sky, others say the answer won't be known until the other shoe drops" - Al Bundy
marvthezombie View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marvthezombie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2012 at 17:27
While I do like that new single quite a bit, it just doesn't sound like the usual Pennywise. Having said that, I'm really looking forward to this album.
Procreation without gain or purpose/ Languid wills and torped minds/ Catapulted ever faster by the arrow of time/ You take yours and I'll keep mine.
DaymanVersusNightman View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaymanVersusNightman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2012 at 17:54
IMO the new single kind of takes a step backward from what I was expecting from the record.  Either way i'm still excited about this come back record.
tbx View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2012 at 21:29
Not like it was going to take much for me, but after hearing that song I'm now in full anticipating mode.  The two songs sound good, now I'd love for them to release something that really cooks. 
I'm Against It View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I'm Against It Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2012 at 02:10
Okay, that one was good. However, I'm still incredibly disappointed in the lyrics they seem even more juvenile than usual.
This ain't no love song, this is a car crash
Muu View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2012 at 09:04
Oh man that new song sucks. But I have to admit the first track was nice. 
Needs a sense of relevance or something to rebel against.
oldmrfletcher View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldmrfletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2012 at 11:50
i think both songs are great overall, best stuff theyve done in a long time (and i thought reason to believe was pretty good), but i expected the lyrics to get a lot better with the addition of zoli. oh well, these new songs are still really, really good.  i kinda hope let us hear your voice gets a lot of radio play so they can become relevant again, it seems like it was made for it.
brdanne View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brdanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2012 at 12:24

Oh man that new song sucks. But I have to admit the first track was nice. 
This.
Through the darkness of future past, The magician longs to see, One chance out between two worlds: Fire walk with me.
bla556 View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bla556 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2012 at 15:16
Haha, love how even in the interview on the kroq-page fletcher says "society"...
Anything but pointless...
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2012 at 10:34
Anyone seen positive reviews of the new album? 
I've found a few reviews just by searching on google, but so far none of them are anywhere near to being positive.

SOLDSHORT View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
fishtank survivor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOLDSHORT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2012 at 10:47
That one is right. All along and seeing red are probably the worst tracks. The rest is fucking great. That's my review.
THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic