Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 Pennywise Return To The Studio - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 6
Quote of the day: "Religion is just synthetic frippery, unnecessary in our expanding global culture efficiency." - God Song
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pennywise Return To The Studio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
Author
DaymanVersusNightman View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaymanVersusNightman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2012 at 13:09
In that musicnetwork review the writer states that the release of this album is breaking a 14 year silence.  Wtf? Did I miss something?
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaymanVersusNightman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2012 at 13:12
Those reviews sucked.  The one guy said he doesn't even care for california style punk other than Bad Religion so why should anyone care what he has to say about a new pennywise album.
Robo Pilgrim View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
linkage robot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robo Pilgrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2012 at 13:14
Originally posted by DaymanVersusNightman DaymanVersusNightman wrote:

In that musicnetwork review the writer states that the release of this album is breaking a 14 year silence.  Wtf? Did I miss something?

Maybe it's 14 years since his last review.
I'm The Greatest™
Metmass View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metmass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2012 at 16:13
The single sounds much like Rise Against.
oldmrfletcher View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldmrfletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2012 at 20:44
no matter what pennywise does critics wont like it.  if a band branches out theyre selling out, and if they stick to their roots theyre being too repetitive.  critics and their pretentious attitudes need to find a better hobby.
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2012 at 22:22

Looks like just a typo. forgot to carry get rid of the one.

Edited by frod79 - 04/17/2012 at 22:26
"Some claim there was no great shoeman in the sky, others say the answer won't be known until the other shoe drops" - Al Bundy
tbx View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 16:13
Originally posted by SOLDSHORT SOLDSHORT wrote:

That one is right. All along and seeing red are probably the worst tracks. The rest is fucking great. That's my review.

has it leaked?
SOLDSHORT View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
fishtank survivor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOLDSHORT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 21:20
Originally posted by tbx tbx wrote:

Originally posted by SOLDSHORT SOLDSHORT wrote:

That one is right. All along and seeing red are probably the worst tracks. The rest is fucking great. That's my review.
has it leaked?

No
THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY
Chele View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2012 at 18:11
the single is alright but i'll pass on the new pw. if i wanted to listen to ignite.. wait i never want to listen to ignite

SOLDSHORT View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
fishtank survivor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOLDSHORT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2012 at 19:01
PSSSH you still dont know whats good for you!
THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY
tbx View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2012 at 23:52
Originally posted by Chele Chele wrote:

the single is alright but i'll pass on the new pw. if i wanted to listen to ignite.. wait i never want to listen to ignite

Ignite never wanted to listen to you.
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 01:47
My review:
Listened to the new record one time so far.... and I think they did a great job with making me realize how awesome Unknown Road and About Time are.
Maniac View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 21:17
This album is actually growing on me. First impression was disappointment in very generic tunes and lyrics (well, Pennywise-style)

But I gotta say, this style of punk-rock is a dying breed and Zoli is soooooo freakin good that it's actually refreshing after all. Dunno if it's a paradox :)

Some of the tunes stay in your head for a while though.
Live Before You Die Hard...With a Vengeance!
punkfan75 View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote punkfan75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 23:23
new album is pretty generic reason to believe is much better
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaymanVersusNightman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 00:05
Originally posted by Marty Marty wrote:

My review:
Listened to the new record one time so far.... and I think they did a great job with making me realize how awesome Unknown Road and About Time are.

So the record is so bad it makes you want to listen to their better albums?
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 01:31

Originally posted by Marty Marty wrote:

My review:

So the record is so bad it makes you want to listen to their better albums?
Yup. The album is everything I hoped it wouldn't be, but still everything I expected it to be: uninspired rehashing, that feels like it was written in a couple of hours on a Sunday afternoon by a completely different band desperately trying to write Pennywise songs.
che sus View Drop Down
Infected
Infected

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote che sus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 09:35
I like it
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 10:24
music was pretty good but the farther along i listened, i had to roll my eyes a little. full review pending.  
"Some claim there was no great shoeman in the sky, others say the answer won't be known until the other shoe drops" - Al Bundy
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaymanVersusNightman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 11:05
Where is everyone listening to this album?
Recard86 View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Recard86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 13:41
It's alright so far, kinda poppy at times though.
"Don't forget to let your life rot you inside out"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
  Share Topic