Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 Pennywise Return To The Studio - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 3
Quote of the day: "Everybody needs a slogan in their pocket or two. It never hurts to have a strategy you can go to." - Fuck You
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pennywise Return To The Studio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
DaymanVersusNightman View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaymanVersusNightman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2012 at 12:11
This song is Pennywise doing what they do best. If you cant get on board with this song then your Pennywise ship has sailed.  At this point there isnt really anything they can do to make their sound any better. Though ive never heard ignite, I just hear Pennywise so the singer fits in well.  All in all its a good catchy song, but a little to familiar for me. Im sure it will be a good album.
Some Guy View Drop Down
American Jesus (Mod)
American Jesus (Mod)
Voice of Flavorlessness

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Some Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2012 at 12:12
I quite like it actually. I didn't expect to. Never liked Ignite much and I couldn't imagine the singer mixing with Pennywise's style at all, but it sounds like they've found a happy medium.
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself. It's made up of two separate words: "mank" and "ind." What do these words mean? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.
frod79 View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2012 at 13:07
I bet this is the kind of response they wanted. "too pennywise to be ignite, too ignite to be pennywise"  Fans of both bands  will be interested in buying it.  It's a small sample to compare this one song to some of their older stuff but i can hear the zoli/ignite influence in the drums, the little breakdowns,  and the way they are mixed.  Perhaps this shot in the arm is what pennywise needed anyway.

Edited by frod79 - 03/07/2012 at 13:17
"Some claim there was no great shoeman in the sky, others say the answer won't be known until the other shoe drops" - Al Bundy
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaymanVersusNightman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2012 at 13:58
Really Frod? Everything which you described as sounding like ignite sounds exactly like vintage Pennywise to me. Especially the drums.

Edited by DaymanVersusNightman - 03/07/2012 at 13:59
frod79 View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2012 at 14:03
I just compared it to a song or two from the last album. Could be completely wrong.  its def a weird mix of the two i cant put my finger on

Edit: i pulled up Ignite's our darkest days and PW's reason to believe. i agree and take back what i said about the drums , but there's a certain attack to the drumming on this new song that wasnt on the pw album.  Either way, i'll be buying this.  

Edit Numero Dos:
Teaser video from Epitaph:

Edited by frod79 - 03/07/2012 at 17:17
"Some claim there was no great shoeman in the sky, others say the answer won't be known until the other shoe drops" - Al Bundy
punkfan75 View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote punkfan75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2012 at 14:18
really like the new song looking forward to the new album now 
Gravel View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
I Rock More Than YOU

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gravel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2012 at 18:09
Nothing new going on, but more "Pennywise" than Pennywise has sounded in years.  I dig.
The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint; the greats were great because they paint a lot!
SOLDSHORT View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
fishtank survivor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOLDSHORT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2012 at 18:45
along the lines of what i thought it would be... intriguing.    
THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY
patricke1660 View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patricke1660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2012 at 21:52
I like it.
Human beings are the only creatures on earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one.
oldmrfletcher View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldmrfletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2012 at 22:01
i was hopeful and fearful of what PW would sound like post-jim, and i love it so far! i thought the fuse was dull overall, i liked reason to believe a lot, and i actually think this one may be a kickass throwback cd...i think the key difference between newer and older pennywise has been a certain aggression thats been missing in the newer stuff although present in a few of the songs....im really hoping this cd restores it.  zoli sounds great.
I Dont Belong View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I Dont Belong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2012 at 00:22
I really like All or Nothing. I hope the rest of the recored will kick this much ass.
"The Democratic Party never was, nor ever will be, a true opposition party"
brdanne View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brdanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2012 at 02:42
Even if it feels weird to hear Pennywise without Jim I´m sure that i will like this album. As long as Fletcher is still playing guitar it`s all good =)
Through the darkness of future past, The magician longs to see, One chance out between two worlds: Fire walk with me.
Alice View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man
12 hours wiser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2012 at 04:16
Fingers crossed the rest of the album is this good. I haven't bought a Pennywise album since From the Ashes (which I actually quite like).
Robo Pilgrim View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
linkage robot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robo Pilgrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2012 at 05:15
Better than The Fuse, which was the last time I paid them any attention.
I'm The Greatest™
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaymanVersusNightman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2012 at 16:02
I thought Reason to Believe was a valiant effort.  Something to Live for is my favorite Pennywise song and one of my all time favorite songs.
oldmrfletcher View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldmrfletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2012 at 19:54
you get the life you choose off of reason to believe is probably my favorite pw song...thats the kinda style im hoping for on this one and its similar to the feeling i get on the new track

Edited by oldmrfletcher - 03/08/2012 at 19:54
SOLDSHORT View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
fishtank survivor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOLDSHORT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2012 at 21:42
I think this album will be the best best album they have done since straight ahead and the fastest most agressive work from byron since full circle. I also think that there will be brand new elements with Zoli that will definetively break Pennywise into two sounds vs just being Pennywise without Jim.
THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY
thedude15 View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2012 at 22:36
All or Nothing is an amazing song, I'm really enjoying the lyrics. Would anyone else agree with me that the production on this song sounds exactly like Reason to Believe (i.e. the drum sound is the exact same)? I think this is a good thing, just an observation I made. I'm definitely going to buy the new PW album.
LV97 View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LV97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2012 at 06:22
Well, based on this song, I prefer Zoli with Ignite.
http://lv97.net/ - Randomly stupid-or-less-stupid punk-or-non-punk D.I.Y. creations, but except the penguins it's mostly in French. And no I'm not French but Belgian with some Italian origins.
Amoeba View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amoeba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2012 at 06:48
This song is badass... The bass sounds fantastic !!!

I'm a long time PW fan and thought Zoli wouldn't be up to the task, but I must say I'm wrong... He's great both live and on record

I'm on a boat that doesn't float and i can't swim...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic