Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 Bootleg Friday - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 3
Quote of the day: "Like a rock, like a planet, like a fucking atom bomb, I remain unperturbed by the joy and the madness that I encounter everywhere I turn" - Generator
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bootleg Friday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Guns View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2012 at 16:50
thanks!
Bruder Michael View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruder Michael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2012 at 07:00
Originally posted by brpage-bootlegs brpage-bootlegs wrote:

I don't think it's bad at all. The picture is a little blurred but OK, and the sound is very decent for a bootleg. Plus the band are in top shape, especially Graffin, trying out new melody lines...
Funniest part of the show is when Graffin takes his shirt off (because it's so hot) but then wraps it around his head "to distract you from my ugly body" :-)

brpage-bootlegs View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brpage-bootlegs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2012 at 09:06
We only had time to do one bootleg this week...

• 06/18/1991 - Markthalle - Hamburg, Germany (AUDIO)
    This was an additional afternoon show. BR was supposed to play two shows in the Markthalle in Hamburg in 1991: on June 17th and 18th. This extra show, however, was added due to both originally booked shows being sold out. Eventually only about 200 people attended this extra show due to poor advertising.
    The show ended up with the band taking requests from the audience and letting people on stage to sing. Graffin made a stage dive during 21st Century (Digital Boy) and later rushed into Bobby's drum kit. Video footage of this can be seen in the Big Bang video.
    Check out the 20 seconds of The Dichotomy somewhere near the end!
Here's Graffin doing a stagedive (from the Big Bang video):

Enjoy!

Edited by Marty - 04/06/2012 at 09:13
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2012 at 09:12
That fan looks like he's bouncing Greg out of the stage for a fake ID.
"McGraffin? Sounds like a sexy cheeseburger"

Edited by frod79 - 04/06/2012 at 09:17
"Some claim there was no great shoeman in the sky, others say the answer won't be known until the other shoe drops" - Al Bundy
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruder Michael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2012 at 13:07
Originally posted by frod79 frod79 wrote:

That fan looks like he's bouncing Greg out of the stage for a fake ID.
"McGraffin? Sounds like a sexy cheeseburger"

The fan is my friend Axel. We were three people on stage during 20st Century Digital Boy, and at some point Graffin pretended he was fighting Axel who had grabbed the lead mike and then Greg pretended he was being pushed off stage and did a little slam dancing in the pit.
During "Suffer" they had called some other guy on stage, footage of this can also be seen in "Big Bang" where Graffin is patting the (bald) guy on the head. Absolutely unique show...

Edited by Bruder Michael - 04/06/2012 at 13:07
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brpage-bootlegs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2012 at 08:09
This week's selection consists of two less than perfect audio recordings from the nineties.
Enjoy!
nropevolI View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
pr0n Jeremy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nropevolI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2012 at 03:00
First of all, thanks for doing this. Do you have any cool audio bootlegs from 2000/2001?
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brpage-bootlegs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2012 at 03:10
Originally posted by nropevolI nropevolI wrote:

First of all, thanks for doing this. Do you have any cool audio bootlegs from 2000/2001?
Nope, sorry. Still have a shitload from 1989 - 1995, though.
che sus View Drop Down
Infected
Infected

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote che sus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2012 at 13:47
Hey, thanx for the boots, the Hultsfred show seems to have a too slow tempo
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brpage-bootlegs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2012 at 12:48
One cassette deck down, only one left... 
If this one dies as well I'm going to have to dust off the good ol' walkman.

2 hours of recording down the drain !@#$
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brpage-bootlegs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 11:48
Due to some technical difficulties this week's Bootleg Friday has turned into Bootleg Saturday + Sunday.

Today it's this one:
  • 07/03/1990 - Hannover, Germany (AUDIO, the venue is unknown)
    I'm not sure whether this audio recording is from the video that's also available (not downloadable, though) or that it's from totally different source.
Another (much more interesting) one was also completed, but in the end it turned out there were literally some gaps in the waveform. So that one will have to be redone tomorrow soon. What makes this one so interesting? There's a song in there "sung" by Brett; it's not a BR song, though.

Edited by Marty - 04/22/2012 at 10:51
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruder Michael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 13:45
If it's the song that I think it is, they played that song to warm up for Bizarre Festival in 1991 as well. The "song" is not so much a song really, it's only a mid-tempo tune with one chord and the lyrics go:
"I only know on fucking chord
I play it all night and I never get bored" ;-)
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 13:46
Originally posted by Bruder Michael Bruder Michael wrote:

If it's the song that I think it is, they played that song to warm up for Bizarre Festival in 1991 as well. The "song" is not so much a song really, it's only a mid-tempo tune with one chord and the lyrics go:
"I only know on fucking chord
I play it all night and I never get bored" ;-)
Bingo!

Edit: Brett really goes berserk, though.

Edited by Marty - 04/21/2012 at 13:51
Matschy View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matschy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2012 at 09:55
Judging from the Video of the Hannover show, the location was the "Glocksee". 
tromster View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tromster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2012 at 00:36

Originally posted by Matschy Matschy wrote:

are you sure about the venue's name?

Matschy View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matschy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2012 at 12:53
Originally posted by tromster tromster wrote:

are you sure about the venue's name?

Pretty much! I've been seeing concerts at the glocksee since 1992-93! 
That room and expecially the perspective (there are stairs on that side of the room)
are pretty unique!

I can do a final check asking a friend of mine that saw them play at Hannover/Korn.
I suppose he also was at that show.
Matschy View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matschy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2012 at 13:14
tromster View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tromster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2012 at 21:04

Just found this:

many thanks

Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brpage-bootlegs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 12:45
And this week's pick is:
This is a fun soundboard recording from the Tribal Area 5 release party. Tribal Area was a video zine and these were the same guys who also made the Along The Way and Big Bang videos.
The band is clearly having problems with the sound on stage (or rather the lack thereof). Only after about 12 minutes that start with the first actual song. This doesn't mean the first 12 minutes are useless! Brett seems to be having a great time and sings a "song" that they sometimes played at soundchecks or to warm up.

n1ckb0n3z View Drop Down
Universal Cynic
Universal Cynic
Bass boss but still a n00b

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n1ckb0n3z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 20:05
That was when they used to close the set with the best song ever.
I want BR to play Anesthesia in every language at every country they go to.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic