Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 Bootleg Friday - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 4
Quote of the day: "Don't tell me about the answer 'cause then another one will come along soon" - The Answer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bootleg Friday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
brpage-bootlegs View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote brpage-bootlegs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2012 at 12:47
 This week we have 2 videos:
Those of you who are into BR video bootlegs might recognize them and think "WTF?! I have these already!"
True, but these are actually quality upgrades and one of them is even longer than the previous version in circulation!

Enjoy!
Banjo View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
Jay's Creditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2012 at 12:18
Did anyone else download the 05/07/1991 - Schacht 8 - Marl - Germany bootleg? I noticed it had a high quality rating but it doesn't sound so great. Did I miss something? I really appreciate it by the way, I'm just curious why it was rated so highly. Regardless it's really cool to have!
I owe Jabberwock coffee.
I owe RoboPilgrim 9p.
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brpage-bootlegs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2012 at 12:31
Originally posted by Banjo Banjo wrote:

Did anyone else download the 05/07/1991 - Schacht 8 - Marl - Germany bootleg? I noticed it had a high quality rating but it doesn't sound so great. Did I miss something? I really appreciate it by the way, I'm just curious why it was rated so highly. Regardless it's really cool to have!
A "good" (3 out of 5) might indeed be a better rating for this one.
I think it's a result of first working on a number of worse quality ones and then a better one comes along. That last one automatically sounds (relatively) really really good.

Edited by brpage-bootlegs - 05/08/2012 at 12:31
Banjo View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
Jay's Creditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2012 at 12:43
Originally posted by brpage-bootlegs brpage-bootlegs wrote:

Originally posted by Banjo Banjo wrote:

A "good" (3 out of 5) might indeed be a better rating for this one.
I think it's a result of first working on a number of worse quality ones and then a better one comes along. That last one automatically sounds (relatively) really really good.

Haha, yeah I think the reverse was in play for me. I never listen to .FLAC and so coming from 128kps mp3s I thought "Ok, this is going to sound INCREDIBLE".

Thanks again for all your work. :)
I owe Jabberwock coffee.
I owe RoboPilgrim 9p.
Robo Pilgrim View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
linkage robot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robo Pilgrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2012 at 13:34
128kbps? Philistine. 
I'm The Greatest™
Gravel View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
I Rock More Than YOU

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gravel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2012 at 19:30
FLAC is a measure of fidelity, not quality.
The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint; the greats were great because they paint a lot!
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote brpage-bootlegs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2012 at 12:42
This time the Bad Religion time machine takes you back to...
Enjoy!
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brpage-bootlegs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2012 at 13:55
New lapultrabook, new usb soundcard and an old Sony walkman. The latter will have to do until the refurbished tape deck arrives. And we're finally back in business!

FafaFooey View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FafaFooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2012 at 14:45
Nice! LOVE Bootleg Friday, man!
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote brpage-bootlegs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2012 at 13:46
No more "Bootleg Friday". From now on it's "Bootleg Any Day"! Well, for as long we have new ones, of course.
So keep your eyes on the Bootlegs section; the latest additions are at the top. http://www.thebrpage.net/bootlegs

Added today are:
08/27/1989 - Beatbaracke - Leonberg - Germany
08/22/1989 - UJZ Korn - Hannover - Germany
07/13/1990 - Juz Anna - Stuttgart - Germany
07/14/1990 - Bruchbühlhalle - Karlsdorf-Neuthard - Germany
07/19/1990 - Musikzirkus Blue Moon - Oberhausen - Germany
02/17/1991 - Channel - Boston, MA - United States
06/23/1991 - Theaterfabrik - Munich - Germany

The quality of some is pretty good (one Soundboard recording even), but others are pretty bad. So before downloading them, be sure to listen to the 30 sec. samples.
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brpage-bootlegs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2012 at 13:17
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2012 at 13:45
thanks! im sure it's a pain and can be tedious to sit at the computer and upload/edit/catalog all this.  Much appreciated, again
"Some claim there was no great shoeman in the sky, others say the answer won't be known until the other shoe drops" - Al Bundy
Guns View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2012 at 14:49
thanks alot!
FafaFooey View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FafaFooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2012 at 00:50
Love it!
Banjo View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
Jay's Creditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2012 at 02:11
Originally posted by frod79 frod79 wrote:

thanks! im sure it's a pain and can be tedious to sit at the computer and upload/edit/catalog all this.  Much appreciated, again

This. I haven't been able to download much as I have no internet at home, but soon I'm finally getting broadband again and I'm going to download so much.

Thanks TheBRPage!!!!!!!

Edit: If there's photos in the Tour section for the relevant bootlegs, it might be fun to have cover art competitions each week. I know a lot of people like artwork to go on their iPod or whatever. Anyone up for something like that? I know ComicSans (I think?) has done some incredible bootleg artwork already for stuff they taped themselves.

Edited by Banjo - 08/09/2012 at 02:14
I owe Jabberwock coffee.
I owe RoboPilgrim 9p.
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brpage-bootlegs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2012 at 03:57

thanks! im sure it's a pain and can be tedious to sit at the computer and upload/edit/catalog all this
It is. Sometimes I wake up screaming because I hear a voice constantly saying "Alright... this one is called..." or "Moving right alo-ong....".
Banjo View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
Jay's Creditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2012 at 05:07

thanks! im sure it's a pain and can be tedious to sit at the computer and upload/edit/catalog all this
It is. Sometimes I wake up screaming because I hear a voice constantly saying "Alright... this one is called..." or "Moving right alo-ong....".

:(

<3
I owe Jabberwock coffee.
I owe RoboPilgrim 9p.
brdanne View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brdanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2012 at 12:48
i love bootlegs!
Through the darkness of future past, The magician longs to see, One chance out between two worlds: Fire walk with me.
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote brpage-bootlegs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2012 at 13:37
tromster View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tromster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2012 at 00:47

Today's addition is...

many thanks for sharing all those awesome shows, by the way the link for this show:

13/07/1990 - Juz Anna - Stuttgart - Germany

isn't valid can you please give a valid link? Thanks once more.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic