Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 Volunteers needed for Media! - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 1
Quote of the day: "But it looks as though faith alone won't sustain us anymore." - Faith Alone
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Volunteers needed for Media!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
hopeless housewife View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hopeless housewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Volunteers needed for Media!
    Posted: 01/14/2013 at 17:10
*I'm not I
*out not put

Sorry for the typos. I need to learn to type with more than two fingers. Apologies!

Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hopeless housewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2013 at 17:08
I realize this isnt mentioned here, but I could help with stuff in French (that's what my degree is in...I know not really useful). I. Sure there are users from Quebec who may be more useful than I am, but I'm just putting the offer put there if you need me. Best of luck with the translations.
Anti- View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Butt-head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anti- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2013 at 11:48
Originally posted by che sus che sus wrote:

Originally posted by Anti- Anti- wrote:

Any more Swedish reviews, interviews or articles?

I need to work on my Swedish to pass the obligatory course and I thought translating texts about my favorite band would motivate me to learn the language.

Another topic I am interested reading about would be the Swedish football fans and their protesting against SvFF.

So if any Swedish fans here are willing to help me out and maybe post some links to articles about BR or about Swedish football fans and their protests I'd appreciate it a lot!!!

http://bloggar.aftonbladet.se/hardrocksbloggen/2013/01/den-har-veckan-har-jag-skrivit-lite-om-bad-religion-dropkick-murphys-och-no-zodiac/

Tack så mycket!
Sometimes It Feels Like... *?!%+!*#@+¤
Jesse View Drop Down
Staff
Staff
I'm with him

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2013 at 11:37
Originally posted by sad sad wrote:

I think I still have a couple brazillian newspapers and magazines stuff at home you might not have here. Its interviews and articles from 93 to 96, I guess. How do I send the scans to The BR Page? 
You can submit the interviews/articles via contact@thebrpage.net
Gotta use your brain, it's the most important part of your equipment.
che sus View Drop Down
Infected
Infected

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote che sus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2013 at 11:35
Originally posted by Anti- Anti- wrote:

I need to work on my Swedish to pass the obligatory course and I thought translating texts about my favorite band would motivate me to learn the language.

Another topic I am interested reading about would be the Swedish football fans and their protesting against SvFF.

So if any Swedish fans here are willing to help me out and maybe post some links to articles about BR or about Swedish football fans and their protests I'd appreciate it a lot!!!

http://bloggar.aftonbladet.se/hardrocksbloggen/2013/01/den-har-veckan-har-jag-skrivit-lite-om-bad-religion-dropkick-murphys-och-no-zodiac/

Edited by che sus - 01/14/2013 at 11:39
sad View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2013 at 08:00
I think I still have a couple brazillian newspapers and magazines stuff at home you might not have here. Its interviews and articles from 93 to 96, I guess. How do I send the scans to The BR Page? 
Raindancer View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man
It's Rainy man. Hallelujah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raindancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2013 at 05:36
Crap, I totally forgot about this. I still have to transcribe that one article...
Will continue working on it immediately.
Anti- View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Butt-head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anti- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2013 at 04:09

Sometimes It Feels Like... *?!%+!*#@+¤
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hopeless housewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 17:37
When you get around to the translation part, if you need anyone who can translate French into English, I'd love to help. I can work on stuff when the keeds are in school/napping. if you've already got somebody lined up to do that kind of work, no problem. Just trying to help, if it's needed.
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 02:35
Originally posted by Some Guy Some Guy wrote:

Still working on this, but I thought it was kinda funny. I put one of Greg's answers into Google translate, and this is what it came up with
Quote Embedded as the main reason, he is one thing I really gave me the influence to me. It was a work that I bought for the first time in his youth, he has produced albums and! 'S I wanted to produce him from long ago. I did not say scared anxiety if they can do so far, where the manager has sent a solo of me two years ago, supposed to be What? "Do you want me to Bad Religion this time" Then me love it I'm not that
Test quote
I've fixed the quote problem.
That piece of text copied from google translate contained a huge amount of html tags... and the out of the box forum software wanted to replace certain 'reserved' characters with character entities (e.g. "<" was turned into "&lt;"). Although displayed as "<", it's not considered a real html tag.. and was therefore not displayed as such.

Edited by Marty - 06/09/2012 at 02:41
Some Guy View Drop Down
American Jesus (Mod)
American Jesus (Mod)
Voice of Flavorlessness

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Some Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2012 at 21:58
An interview with Greg that was translated into Japanese then translated by Google translate back into English. The results being gibberish. He seems to be talking about how he decided on Todd Rundgren as producer of New America.

What I want to know is, what the hell happened to that quote?
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself. It's made up of two separate words: "mank" and "ind." What do these words mean? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.
Graffinius View Drop Down
Staff
Staff
punk bunny in a man suit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graffinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2012 at 21:14

Still working on this, but I thought it was kinda funny. I put one of Greg's answers into Google translate, and this is what it came up with
Quote <span id="result_" ="" lang="en"><span ="hps">Embedded</span> <span ="hps">as</span> <span ="hps">the main</span> <span ="hps">reason</span><span>, he is</span> <span ="hps">one</span> <span ="hps">thing I</span> <span ="hps">really</span> <span ="hps">gave me the</span> <span ="hps">influence</span> <span ="hps">to me.</span> <span ="hps">It was a</span> <span ="hps">work</span> <span ="hps">that</span> <span ="hps">I bought</span> <span ="hps">for the first time</span> <span ="hps">in his youth</span><span>,</span> <span ="hps">he</span> <span ="hps">has</span> <span ="hps">produced</span> <span ="hps">albums and</span><span>!</span> <span ="hps">'S</span> <span ="hps">I wanted</span> <span ="hps">to</span> <span ="hps">produce</span> <span ="hps">him</span> <span ="hps">from</span> <span ="hps">long ago</span><span>.</span> <span ="hps">I did not</span> <span ="hps">say</span> <span ="hps">scared</span> <span ="hps">anxiety</span> <span ="hps">if they can</span> <span ="hps">do</span> <span ="hps">so far</span><span>,</span> <span ="hps">where the</span> <span ="hps">manager</span> <span ="hps">has sent a</span> <span ="hps">solo</span> <span ="hps">of</span> <span ="hps">me</span> <span ="hps">two years ago</span><span>,</span> <span ="hps">supposed to be</span> <span ="hps">What</span><span ="atn">? "</span><span>Do you want me</span> <span ="hps">to</span> <span ="hps">Bad Religion</span> <span ="hps">this time</span><span>" Then</span> <span ="hps">me</span> <span ="hps">love it</span> <span ="hps">I'm</span> <span ="hps">not</span> <span ="hps">that</span></span>

wtf did I just read?
I bless the rains down in Africa, I bless the rains down in Africa I bless the rains down in Africa, I bless the rains down in Africa, I bless the rains down in Africa
Some Guy View Drop Down
American Jesus (Mod)
American Jesus (Mod)
Voice of Flavorlessness

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Some Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2012 at 19:25
Quote Embedded as the main reason, he is one thing I really gave me the influence to me. It was a work that I bought for the first time in his youth, he has produced albums and! 'S I wanted to produce him from long ago. I did not say scared anxiety if they can do so far, where the manager has sent a solo of me two years ago, supposed to be What? "Do you want me to Bad Religion this time" Then me love it I'm not that
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself. It's made up of two separate words: "mank" and "ind." What do these words mean? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.
Jesse View Drop Down
Staff
Staff
I'm with him

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 03:34
Originally posted by Raindancer Raindancer wrote:

Ringel-S?? Haha
Yeah...the ß...I think it's also called "Eszett"??? 

Yeah well, the second one: Rock Sound #111 "Benvenuti all'inferno" - August 2007 :)
Ok! 

Edited by Jesse - 04/27/2012 at 03:36
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raindancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 03:09
Originally posted by Jesse Jesse wrote:

I just finished that Italian article. It was fun, so I want to do the second one, too.

@Jesse: I remember you complaining about all the capital letters in German articles. (After the show in Tilburg, remember?)  I think you should try an Italian or French one and tell me what you think about all those accents above the letters (à or é) ;)
Haha, those capital letters (and that Ringel-S) are a pain in the ass. I did a French interview and that wasn't too hard since I know the language. 

Ringel-S?? Haha
Originally posted by Jesse Jesse wrote:

Anyway, let me know which one you'd like to transcribe! :)

Yeah well, the second one: Rock Sound #111 "Benvenuti all'inferno" - August 2007 :)

Ich bin ein Weltraumfahrer, ein Regentänzer, ein Waldbeschützer
Jesse View Drop Down
Staff
Staff
I'm with him

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 02:48

The language is Japanese but Japanese is usually written with a mixture of different writing systems, one of which is called kanji (Chinese characters).

Yeah, bigger scans would definitely help. There are literally thousands of different kanji and a lot of them are pretty complex, so the better I can see the characters the easier they will be to figure out.

Thanks
Ow, my bad. I'm not so familiar with the Chinese/Japanese language. I'll send you the original scans! :)
Jesse View Drop Down
Staff
Staff
I'm with him

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 02:47

I just finished that Italian article. It was fun, so I want to do the second one, too.

@Jesse: I remember you complaining about all the capital letters in German articles. (After the show in Tilburg, remember?)  I think you should try an Italian or French one and tell me what you think about all those accents above the letters (à or é) ;)
Haha, those capital letters (and that Ringel-S) are a pain in the ass. I did a French interview and that wasn't too hard since I know the language. 

Anyway, let me know which one you'd like to transcribe! :)
Some Guy View Drop Down
American Jesus (Mod)
American Jesus (Mod)
Voice of Flavorlessness

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Some Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 02:28
The language is Japanese but Japanese is usually written with a mixture of different writing systems, one of which is called kanji (Chinese characters).

Yeah, bigger scans would definitely help. There are literally thousands of different kanji and a lot of them are pretty complex, so the better I can see the characters the easier they will be to figure out.

Thanks
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raindancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 02:25

Ich bin ein Weltraumfahrer, ein Regentänzer, ein Waldbeschützer
Jesse View Drop Down
Staff
Staff
I'm with him

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 01:01

Be glad you aren't working with Chinese characters. They're a nightmare to decipher when the text is small.
Chinese or Japanese? Just let me know if you need the original scans..they're much bigger than the ones in the media.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic