Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 New Offspring single - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 3
Quote of the day: "Countries manufacture bombs and guns to kill your brother for something that he hasn't even done" - Fuck Armageddon... This Is Hell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Offspring single

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
Recard86 View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Recard86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 12:59
Originally posted by Anti- Anti- wrote:

Latest hit single from the best punk rock band in the world:

I disagree, this sounds like foo figthers, which i consider mediocre. Hopefully the album got some better songs.

Edited by Recard86 - 04/27/2012 at 12:59
marvthezombie View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marvthezombie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 14:01
Granted, it sounds like a far cry from the Offspring sound that we're used to, but I still like it.

WAAAAAAY more tolerable than Pennywise's new single.
Procreation without gain or purpose/ Languid wills and torped minds/ Catapulted ever faster by the arrow of time/ You take yours and I'll keep mine.
DaymanVersusNightman View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaymanVersusNightman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 14:09
Originally posted by marvthezombie marvthezombie wrote:

Granted, it sounds like a far cry from the Offspring sound that we're used to, but I still like it.

No way!  Even the worst song on Pennywise's new album is better than this shit.  When I heard the 30 second preview I knew it was bad, but it doesnt do it justice compared to listening to it from the beginning.  At least when Pennywise says their new album is going to rip like the good ol days, they arent full of complete shit. 
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 14:16
Originally posted by DaymanVersusNightman DaymanVersusNightman wrote:

Originally posted by marvthezombie marvthezombie wrote:

No way!  Even the worst song on Pennywise's new album is better than this shit.  When I heard the 30 second preview I knew it was bad, but it doesnt do it justice compared to listening to it from the beginning.  At least when Pennywise says their new album is going to rip like the good ol days, they arent full of complete shit.  

haha awesome response

glitchy effing Offspring site. just have a damn main page with a link. no pop ups, flash intros or any other gimmicky Instagram nonsense.  stopped trying to listen to the song after 3 minutes of trying to get past the calendar.. Went to KROQ instead. soundcloud link stops and starts. Song's already pissing me off and i havent gotten 30 seconds into it.  

... took a minute breather.... 

after hearing the song yeah, foo fighters-ish. which isn't horrible. it's just not a song that's gonna make me buy their album.

Edited by frod79 - 04/27/2012 at 14:18
"Some claim there was no great shoeman in the sky, others say the answer won't be known until the other shoe drops" - Al Bundy
oldmrfletcher View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldmrfletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 14:27
lame song, not sure how ANYONE can say this sounds better than the new pennywise, and im a longtime fan of both bands.  but this is complete generic crap.  ill take any track off the new PW and replace every word of the songs lyrics  with "society" and id like it more than this.
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 14:50
i for one cant wait for cruisin california (bumpin' in my trunk) to be their 2nd hot new single.....
"Some claim there was no great shoeman in the sky, others say the answer won't be known until the other shoe drops" - Al Bundy
voloversio View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote voloversio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 14:54
Dammit, Offspring. What is this.
Recard86 View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Recard86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 15:02
Originally posted by frod79 frod79 wrote:

i for one cant wait for cruisin california (bumpin' in my trunk) to be their 2nd hot new single.....

Haha
oldmrfletcher View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldmrfletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 15:15

lol...it better be the sequel to beheaded or im going to have a stroke
punkfan75 View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote punkfan75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 17:45
i like how this thread turned into generic offspring single vs generic pennywise album

i hope they make dirty magic a single

Edited by punkfan75 - 04/27/2012 at 18:12
I Dont Belong View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I Dont Belong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2012 at 01:45
I dont like it. This song reminds me of Denial, Revisited from Conspiracy of One. I have a feeling Im going to like a few songs from this new record and probably dislike the rest which is how Rise and Fall Rage and Grace was for me. Bob Rock just makes shitty music.
"The Democratic Party never was, nor ever will be, a true opposition party"
lemadfab View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lemadfab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2012 at 09:52
after failing hunting on green day's territory on the last album, they seem to chase Foo Fighters... Why are they tryin to be the band they aren't ?
SOLDSHORT View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
fishtank survivor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOLDSHORT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2012 at 10:02
They said they remade dirty magic because it didn't get the attention it should have the first time around. Dexter also said he wrote that crusin song because he felt he needed to lighten the mood of the album with a silly fun song cuz "that's who they are". GTFO
THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY
Brett Religion View Drop Down
American Jesus (Mod)
American Jesus (Mod)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Religion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2012 at 11:25
Originally posted by SOLDSHORT SOLDSHORT wrote:

They said they remade dirty magic because it didn't get the attention it should have the first time around. Dexter also said he wrote that crusin song because he felt he needed to lighten the mood of the album with a silly fun song cuz "that's who they are". GTFO
21st Century3d?

Seriously, by that same logic, Bad Religion should re-release Against the Grain... and No Control... and Suffer!
"No Bad Religion song can make your life complete..." - But what about their whole discography?
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2012 at 11:29
cruisin california (bumpin' in my trunk) + Where The Fun is + Most songs by the Chili Peppers = the three headed Cerberus of bad Cali road music.
Some Guy View Drop Down
American Jesus (Mod)
American Jesus (Mod)
Voice of Flavorlessness

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Some Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2012 at 13:43
Just listened to it for the first time... like everyone is saying, it sounds like an alternative rock song from the 90s. In particular, I'm thinking of No Rain from Blind Melon. I like that style of rock, but it's really not what I expected or want from the Offspring. There are plenty of other bands better at that kind of music.

Edited by Some Guy - 04/29/2012 at 15:27
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself. It's made up of two separate words: "mank" and "ind." What do these words mean? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.
Anti- View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Butt-head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anti- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2012 at 22:10
Well I LIKE IT, gosh darn! I don't care what anyone says...

Sure it ain't punk but it doesn't matter to me. I liked Devil in Stitches when I first heard it and I feel the same about this song.

But I think they changed it AGAIN! And I liked the earlier version better too. This final version lacks something the second version had... Ain't quite as catchy...

Edited by Anti- - 04/28/2012 at 22:14
Sometimes It Feels Like... *?!%+!*#@+¤
nropevolI View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
pr0n Jeremy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nropevolI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2012 at 01:40
I like the song! If this would be played at a radio station I wouldn't turn it off. I think Americana is their best record and conspiracy of one and ixnay aren't bad either.  the last album had a couple of good songs.

Edited by nropevolI - 04/29/2012 at 01:41
Anti- View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Butt-head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anti- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2012 at 06:12
Originally posted by nropevolI nropevolI wrote:

the last album had a couple of good songs.

Indeed! 

I listened Splinter just a few days ago while driving home from the football game, and I gotta say that after few years I've really started to like the album! Lots of good songs and a really nice sound!
Sometimes It Feels Like... *?!%+!*#@+¤
SOLDSHORT View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
fishtank survivor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOLDSHORT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2012 at 08:47
what would this album sound like if they were on epitaph and brett produced it?  brett religion?  
THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
  Share Topic