Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 Ron Paul predictions - The Bad Religion page forum
Quote of the day: "Everybody needs a slogan in their pocket or two. It never hurts to have a strategy you can go to." - Fuck You
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ron Paul predictions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BringBRTotheUK View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
demonomaniac

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BringBRTotheUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ron Paul predictions
    Posted: 04/29/2012 at 13:30

A couple of oddities (like using a picture of the Arab Spring to denote 'Islamic fundamentalists overthrowing moderate countries') but it's definitely pretty impressive no matter what your thoughts on the guy.
SayYourPrayers View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
Thread Revivalist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SayYourPrayers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2012 at 07:05
Sure, it's impressive, but I don't think he's consistently right, so it's hard not to chalk this up to some good luck on his behalf. But there are people who do seem to be keen observers who can read the writing on the wall. Perhaps he's one of them. At the same time, spouting rhetorical predictions doesn't necessarily make one a good political candidate, regardless of whether they come to pass.
Careful man, there's a beverage here!
Groomits View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Groomits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2012 at 14:51
Yeah I posted the same video not so long ago.

Ron Paul sure knows how the world works and he's not affraid to show it, unlike so many other politicians. Maybe he would not make the best president, but he's very intelligent, consistent, and I really think he honestly care about common weal.

But the medias hate him, so he'll always be disadvantaged on this point. But I trust our generation (speaking generally, I know where not all into the same generation), the "internet" generation, is going to change the way these things are done. News reporting is gonna change, a lot.
BringBRTotheUK View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
demonomaniac

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BringBRTotheUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 13:39
Originally posted by SayYourPrayers SayYourPrayers wrote:

Sure, it's impressive, but I don't think he's consistently right, so it's hard not to chalk this up to some good luck on his behalf. But there are people who do seem to be keen observers who can read the writing on the wall. Perhaps he's one of them. At the same time, spouting rhetorical predictions doesn't necessarily make one a good political candidate, regardless of whether they come to pass.

I think that a lot of people take unreasonable stances on him. You get the 'Paulites' who worship his every word and then those who will dismissively call him crazy without a second thought.

He's certainly not perfect, but as a spectator from across the Atlantic I think that he's an interesting character in America right now given the recent rise in relevance of many of the issues to which he has dedicated his life talking about.
Recard86 View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Recard86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 13:50
Don't know who he is, don't care.
"Don't forget to let your life rot you inside out"
drunk-sincerity View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drunk-sincerity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 14:20
Originally posted by Recard86 Recard86 wrote:

I dont know or care who you are either ;)
Recard86 View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Recard86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 14:34
Originally posted by drunk-sincerity drunk-sincerity wrote:

Originally posted by Recard86 Recard86 wrote:

I dont know or care who you are either ;)

:)
"Don't forget to let your life rot you inside out"
Robo Pilgrim View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
linkage robot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robo Pilgrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2012 at 02:06
I know who he is and still don't care.
I'm The Greatest™
Anti- View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Butt-head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anti- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2012 at 05:14
I care very deeply about all of you, even though I don't really know you! <3 <3 <3
Sometimes It Feels Like... *?!%+!*#@+¤
punkrockjustin View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote punkrockjustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2012 at 22:54
Originally posted by SayYourPrayers SayYourPrayers wrote:

It's not good luck, it's persistence.  I don't worship him but it seems like he actually says what he thinks instead of what a speechwriter put in front of him.  Wish more politicians were like that.

Edited by punkrockjustin - 05/03/2012 at 22:55
   \m/.(><).\m/
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic