Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 Live Again and Fortunate Son: - The Bad Religion page forum
Quote of the day: "Searching for philosophy of life can be a drag on the soul. Nowadays we pick and choose the pieces from other people's wisdom of old." - Changing Tide
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Live Again and Fortunate Son:

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
OscarDigitalDude View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches
BR Beer Baron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarDigitalDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Live Again and Fortunate Son:
    Posted: 05/06/2012 at 18:26
What do they have in common? I was on my favorite tab website looking at Creedence tabs and came across Fortunate Son. I started playing it. The chord progression for the verse is the exact same as Live Again. Weird, I know. But then, some stuff I write ends up having similarities to some songs as well.
esreveR nI dooH niboR
Banjo View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
Jay's Creditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2012 at 02:46
Originally posted by OscarDigitalDude OscarDigitalDude wrote:

What do they have in common? I was on my favorite tab website looking at Creedence tabs and came across Fortunate Son. I started playing it. The chord progression for the verse is the exact same as Live Again. Weird, I know. But then, some stuff I write ends up having similarities to some songs as well.

I haven't heard it, but from what I remember of playing Live Again was it had a REALLY simple chord progression, so it would be pretty easy to come across something else using it. Just about everything you ever play would have been used somewhere before (Unless you're Joni Mitchell).
I owe Jabberwock coffee.
I owe RoboPilgrim 9p.
nropevolI View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
pr0n Jeremy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nropevolI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2012 at 09:21
creedence is my third favority band! I called John Fogerty on the phone today and asked him "did you steal fortunate son from bad religion?!" and he said "yes!".
Viktor View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2012 at 12:45
Originally posted by nropevolI nropevolI wrote:

creedence is my third favority band! I called John Fogerty on the phone today and asked him "did you steal fortunate son from bad religion?!" and he said "yes!".
I knew that.  Now it's officially confirmed. That bastard John.
They said that islands were solid as bedrock standing firm forevermore, but over time even basement wastes away to the unrelenting shore
OscarDigitalDude View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches
BR Beer Baron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarDigitalDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2012 at 15:30
Ha. Damn John and his damn time machine.
esreveR nI dooH niboR
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic