Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 BRML tribute #2 - The Bad Religion page forum
Quote of the day: "Everybody's searching for something but in the meantime let's all just pretend." - Big Bang
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BRML tribute #2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
punkrockjustin View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote punkrockjustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BRML tribute #2
    Posted: 05/15/2012 at 10:10
So I was looking through some old things and found my copy of this ...the only tape player I have left is my old Walkman, but I can use that and my 4-track to digitize the songs if you want them.
   \m/.(><).\m/
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2012 at 10:12
do eet! long live punkrockjustin
"Some claim there was no great shoeman in the sky, others say the answer won't be known until the other shoe drops" - Al Bundy
Brett Religion View Drop Down
American Jesus (Mod)
American Jesus (Mod)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Religion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2012 at 10:38
Wasn't this tribute featured on the ART by BR CD??
"No Bad Religion song can make your life complete..." - But what about their whole discography?
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2012 at 11:18
i think it was the first one. i have to check my art folder 
"Some claim there was no great shoeman in the sky, others say the answer won't be known until the other shoe drops" - Al Bundy
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote punkrockjustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2012 at 11:43
Okay, I'll start converting the tape tonight.  Here's to walking that most famous of Lanes...
   \m/.(><).\m/
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2012 at 21:41
it pains me to say that Brett is right.  Tribute tape #2 had that techno version of STF that just caused my ears to jump in a foxhole.  Found it in the ART by BR track listing. 
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote punkrockjustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2012 at 12:51
So what you guys mean is "Don't bother, Justin."  Right?  Good, because last week was rather eventful and I no longer have the inclination to convert the tape anyway.  I find it tedious, messing around with gadgets and technology and file conversions and crap like that.  But it was cool to find the tape, heh.  I never even knew about that ART by BR thing... you guys did that during my 7 years of extreme internet avoidance.
   \m/.(><).\m/
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2012 at 13:37
In that case, could someone send me a copy of that ART by BR or at least the songs from Tribute Tape #2?

@Justin,
Could you still make some photos of the front & back of the case? All we have now is a drawing that (I think) was used for the design: http://www.thebrpage.net/tributes/?ID=2
Thanks a lot!

Edited by Marty - 05/20/2012 at 13:38
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote punkrockjustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2012 at 13:47
Actually, Marty, my copy (#4) didn't come with artwork, just a handwritten song list.  I remember the tape came in the mail in a bubble envelope... Maybe he just decided I didn't deserve the artwork because my cover song was so terrible :p    But I do seem to remember seeing that drawing somewhere back then.... can't quite place it....

How about if I start converting a song or two at a time, and send them to you, and you put them up for dl on the tribute tape page?
   \m/.(><).\m/
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2012 at 13:50
Let's wait a few days to see if someone who has the ART by BR CD speaks up. It would save you a lot of trouble of converting your tape.

Soooo.... anyone? :)
torbar View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
Doctor of Doctored Photos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2012 at 15:14
I know there's a digital copy of ART floating around, and I remember having a copy somewhere on my desktop PC.  Problem is I won't have a monitor for the next week or so, so I'm sure someone can track down a copy before that.
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2012 at 15:23
i have art by br and will send that brml tribute tape.... i dont know if it's in its entirety though as i mightve taken out redundant tracks (i.e. the singles)

Edited by frod79 - 05/20/2012 at 15:29
Some Guy View Drop Down
American Jesus (Mod)
American Jesus (Mod)
Voice of Flavorlessness

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Some Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2012 at 17:49
Originally posted by punkrockjustin punkrockjustin wrote:

So I was looking through some old things and found my copy of thishem.
What is up with that art work? It look like a scene from some kind of strange neo-nazi rally.
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself. It's made up of two separate words: "mank" and "ind." What do these words mean? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.
uncivalien View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncivalien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2012 at 18:34
Originally posted by Some Guy Some Guy wrote:

Originally posted by punkrockjustin punkrockjustin wrote:

So I was looking through some old things and found my copy of thishem.
What is up with that art work? It look like a scene from some kind of strange neo-nazi rally.

I was at a show where the fans in front of the BR stage were moshing with their arms in such a position. Immediately, i thought, 'Strange neo-nazi automatons?'

Edited by civalien - 05/20/2012 at 18:36
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote punkrockjustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2012 at 18:40
I thought it was when BR played as foretold by the robot dreams in I, Robot.
   \m/.(><).\m/
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic