Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 ask jay - on tour - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 33
Quote of the day: "One more acre, another tree, it's all untamed, of course it's free. One more acre, it seems no one cares, another great chance to put a building there" - Time And Disregard
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ask jay - on tour

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 52>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jabberwock View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
jaylicious

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabberwock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2013 at 17:49
Originally posted by Groomits Groomits wrote:

Great show in Quebec City, thanks Jay!
had a really great time! love that place... thanks for coming out!
i am the walrus. everything i say in this forum is unsubstantiated pablum
Greg Giraffin View Drop Down
Infected
Infected

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Giraffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2013 at 18:13
I herd it's cold up thar

͠Listen to my Chillest Downtempo Mix
SOLDSHORT View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
fishtank survivor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOLDSHORT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2013 at 18:35
Noooooooooooooooooooooo
THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY
Groomits View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Groomits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2013 at 09:44
One thing I thought I'd share with you and Jay. I met one of my friend at the Quebec City show, and she was very excited to see BR. It was her first time seeing them. She is not a biiig fan, but like a couple of songs and know them by reputation mostly.

So when BR came on stage, she shouted (what could be translated to) : "WHAT THE....?! THEY'RE FUCKING OLD!!"

Haha! And then she got carried away by the moshpit.
notciv View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notciv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2013 at 13:23
Do you write poetry or song lyrics?
make your decision
cuz you've got no choice
jazzpunk View Drop Down
Henchman
Henchman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzpunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2013 at 20:57
Hey Jay, what kind of relationship did/does BR have with any of the grunge acts of the 90's?
The un-examined life is not worth living -Socrates-
Migue View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Migue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2013 at 04:35
Will you change the setlist when you come back to Europe in two weeks? Or you will play the same 31 songs again and again? Thanks a lot Jay!!
The Same Person
The Same Person
jaylicious

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabberwock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2013 at 05:25
Originally posted by jazzpunk jazzpunk wrote:

Hey Jay, what kind of relationship did/does BR have with any of the grunge acts of the 90's?
friends with some... road friends with others. we're still friends with most of the people we've known historically. 
The Same Person
The Same Person
jaylicious

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabberwock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2013 at 05:31
Originally posted by Migue Migue wrote:

Will you change the setlist when you come back to Europe in two weeks? Or you will play the same 31 songs again and again? Thanks a lot Jay!!
we'll have to look at the cities we're coming back to and change the list up a bit. we're still breaking mike in so we don't want to overwhelm him with 300+ songs
Nielsb90 View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nielsb90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2013 at 06:24
Awesome! Just had my first BR tattoo done here in Russia, just in time for Gothenburg and Copenhagen! Please play Stealth
TraderDan View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TraderDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2013 at 11:00
Jay- Great show @ Summerfest. Glad you got to play a full 30 song set!
dv802 View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dv802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2013 at 13:53
Hey Jay, since there is no AskBrooks section I'll ask from what you've seen. How often does Brooks drop a stick? I see other drummers drop them all the time, and I have no memory of ever in the many times I've seen Brooks and on youtube ever seeing him drop a stick. I only ask because I am guilty of it all the time and I some how always they always get tossed at the guitarists in my band.
The Same Person
The Same Person
jaylicious

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabberwock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2013 at 15:44
Originally posted by dv802 dv802 wrote:

Hey Jay, since there is no AskBrooks section I'll ask from what you've seen. How often does Brooks drop a stick? I see other drummers drop them all the time, and I have no memory of ever in the many times I've seen Brooks and on youtube ever seeing him drop a stick. I only ask because I am guilty of it all the time and I some how always they always get tossed at the guitarists in my band.
drop? maybe every other show. break? probably every 6 songs... you'd never know it though...
lemadfab View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lemadfab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2013 at 20:35
Nice tweet from Fat Mike tonight: "I just got Bad Religions song for the Tony Sly comp. it rules! It's really amazing how many great bands are showing their respect for Tony!" 

What was your state of mind in the studio when you recorded this song? How did you end up choosing that particular NoUSe / Tony Sly song? 
The Same Person
The Same Person
jaylicious

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jabberwock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2013 at 20:56
Originally posted by lemadfab lemadfab wrote:

Nice tweet from Fat Mike tonight: "I just got Bad Religions song for the Tony Sly comp. it rules! It's really amazing how many great bands are showing their respect for Tony!" 

What was your state of mind in the studio when you recorded this song? How did you end up choosing that particular NoUSe / Tony Sly song? 
brian, mike dimkich and i worked on it for a while, trying to come up with the right vibe, and when brooks got there we ran through a few different ideas until one really sounded the way we wanted it to. then we recorded it live... mike sent a few choices, but really wanted us to do the one we did.
lemadfab View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lemadfab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2013 at 21:08
Thanks a lot Jay. Hope we can all hear it soon. Also can't wait to hear graffin's voice on a Tony song. I meet him up multiple times and he was such a huge fan of BR. 

Edited by lemadfab - 07/09/2013 at 21:15
notciv View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notciv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2013 at 21:49
I got a long-awaited wake-up call and so I'm going back to "no BR", and sticking with "no drugs".I'll check in at 15 months clean to tell you that I don't even think about marijuana any more. Wait...

But seriously, thank you for commending me on quitting marijuana when you did. It helped.
make your decision
cuz you've got no choice
Migue View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Migue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2013 at 02:56
Originally posted by jabberwock jabberwock wrote:

Originally posted by Migue Migue wrote:

we'll have to look at the cities we're coming back to and change the list up a bit. we're still breaking mike in so we don't want to overwhelm him with 300+ songs

Thanks for your answer Jay. I have attended 4 shows of the european tour and i will attend a couple more in august, including London. I expect that London show will be special and we will get some surprises in the setlist... London is the European Capital City for Music...
Robo Pilgrim View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
linkage robot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robo Pilgrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2013 at 03:21
Is it?
I'm The Greatest™
JerseyPride View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerseyPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2013 at 05:02
Jay, I posted about this in another thread but was wondering if you had any input on the authenticity of this "test press" on ebay. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bad-Religion-ST-TEST-PRESS-RARE-1981-BREP1-rancid-nofx-green-day-minor-threat-/300931792283

With the recent advent of small record pressing plants, there have been a bunch of bootlegged versions of expensive records floating around.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 52>
  Share Topic