Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 How to edit source text - The Bad Religion page forum
Quote of the day: "Often times we may be wondering what we're supposed to do. Stand and deliver or see the conflict through." - Tested
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to edit source text

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Greg Giraffin View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Master of Puppies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Giraffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to edit source text
    Posted: 10/13/2013 at 15:02
I thought this forum used to have the ability to edit source text.

Now it seems there's no way to do that.

I've got invisible bold tags (in the Chile Thread) I can't edit out because I can't see them via the source. (No CTRL+SHIFT+8 option for seeing hidden characters)

Even dropping randomy scattered [/b] tags everywhere does nothing to help.

I can't even fix the problem in MS WORD and "paste from word"  because that feature is jacked up completely and breaks all images.

Is there still a way to edit hidden characters / see the source text?
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2013 at 00:32
This particular forum software doesn't have an option to edit the (html) source of a post.

Which particular bit in the Chile thread is causing problems? I've selected some random parts of bold text in that long post of yours and I was able to clear the bold from it just by clicking the bold-button.
Warstub View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
Biggest brpage Tool... Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warstub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2013 at 01:46
Is there a way for my discography pics to be approved in this forum, because that once handy feature seems to have gone awol as well.
http://warstub.weebly.com/novels.html
Nothing can bring a person into adulthood except their own sense of self and the personal responsibility that accompanies that.
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2013 at 02:10
Originally posted by Warstub Warstub wrote:

Is there a way for my discography pics to be approved in this forum, because that once handy feature seems to have gone awol as well.
The Disco and its specific functionality is completely separate from the forum. There are indeed still a number of submitted discography pics (from multiple people on the same items) that need to be sorted out.
Warstub View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
Biggest brpage Tool... Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warstub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2013 at 02:23
Originally posted by Marty Marty wrote:

Originally posted by Warstub Warstub wrote:

Is there a way for my discography pics to be approved in this forum on this page, because that once handy feature seems to have gone awol as well.
The Disco and its specific functionality is completely separate from the forum. There are indeed still a number of submitted discography pics (from multiple people on the same items) that need to be sorted out.
:P
http://warstub.weebly.com/novels.html
Nothing can bring a person into adulthood except their own sense of self and the personal responsibility that accompanies that.
Greg Giraffin View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Master of Puppies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Giraffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2013 at 02:28
Originally posted by Marty Marty wrote:

This particular forum software doesn't have an option to edit the (html) source of a post.

Which particular bit in the Chile thread is causing problems? I've selected some random parts of bold text in that long post of yours and I was able to clear the bold from it just by clicking the bold-button.

I fixed it manually by basically redoing everything.

Basically there were bold tags hidden between the images and they were invisible.

Had to open it in an HTML editor to see them. Had to manually it several times due to a glitch causing. Only half the post to be saved.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic