Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 Ask Jay - Reserved - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 13
Quote of the day: "It's fucked up beyond all recognition. Just a symptom of the time. You might call it modern cognition. Without a reason or rhyme." - Since Now
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ask Jay - Reserved

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 34>
Author
Recard86 View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Recard86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2014 at 11:36
Jay do you ever get sick of all these questions?
notciv View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notciv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2014 at 11:36
Jay,

Have you ever encountered people who think that addiction is a character flaw or weakness? If so, what have you done to set them straight or send them packing?
--------
My best shout
503ed...
Caro View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 05:11
Good morning Jay,

is it this? Or was it just a dream?

"The edge of reason"

Berlin, Sept 17, 2014, 09:19h
___ thinking about a signature text that is sufficiently responsible.
aster havok View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aster havok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 12:57
Morning Jay! and everyone!
can I get feed back on my band's music maaaaybe?! :)

if we suck it's fine! 
music here!
https://soundcloud.com/strikeofneos
band site here
https://www.facebook.com/strikeofneos1

ivanhopl View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivanhopl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2014 at 10:33
Jay, early this year i heard  about Greg Graffin's new solo album.
Or it was year ago ? Nevermind.
Something went wrong or it was only rumors ?

SOLDSHORT View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
fishtank survivor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOLDSHORT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2014 at 19:55
im working on it with graffin meow. There's a moving spoon solo on this one.
THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY
Robo Pilgrim View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
linkage robot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robo Pilgrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2014 at 04:12
Is it a prog rock album? Because I feel like that should be his next move.
Go on take a swig of that poison and like it
Greg Giraffin View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Master of Puppies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Giraffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2014 at 13:11
Brett convinced Graffin to scrap the album and redo all the songs in dubstep and reggaeton.
Watcho! View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
BrettOnTour #1 Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Watcho! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2014 at 13:06
If Brett is doing the convincing, then I'd expect some kind of Hot Topic vibe, beards, neck tattoos, and a long name.  "Greg Graffin" becomes "The Black Mascara Pep Rally" or some such.
I think this is a post we can redo In every language of every country we go to
Joim View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2014 at 23:01
Jay, terrific shows this year. I really loved the setlists. Thing is, Baker met the fans who were queing early on Madrid -and I saw him by chance on Oviedo while walking around the city-, any chance of the rest of you doing something similar? It'd be great to meet you in person after so many years of listening to your music and going to a few concerts!
ivanhopl View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivanhopl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2014 at 11:55
At least they didn't laugh from my English :p
jabberwock View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
jaylicious

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabberwock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2014 at 11:57
Originally posted by BFY BFY wrote:

Jay, do you still smoke Marlboro?
don't smoke anymore... last packs were camel filters. if i had to start smoking again i would smoke kools
i am the walrus. everything i say in this forum is unsubstantiated pablum
The Same Person
The Same Person
jaylicious

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabberwock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2014 at 11:58
Originally posted by Migue Migue wrote:

hi Jay... everytime that I have been to a BR show with my girlfriend I have slept in the sofa because you didn'd play Supersonic (Groezrock 2010, Pukkelpop 2010, Azkena 2010, En Vivo Madrid 2012, Groezrock 2013, London 2013, Live Club Milan 2014). We will go again to see you play 20th september in Oviedo (spain) in a festival called Faan Fest. Do I have to worry for my back or is there any chance for me to score that night? ;) Thanks!
it was SOOOO close! hope your back is okay
The Same Person
The Same Person
jaylicious

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabberwock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2014 at 12:01
Originally posted by notciv notciv wrote:

Jay,

Have you ever encountered people who think that addiction is a character flaw or weakness? If so, what have you done to set them straight or send them packing?
most "normal" people who don't have an addict in their direct family don't understand it. i don't need to set them straight. i just have to stay sober, and help other addicts who are struggling.
The Same Person
The Same Person
jaylicious

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabberwock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2014 at 12:03
Originally posted by Joim Joim wrote:

Jay, terrific shows this year. I really loved the setlists. Thing is, Baker met the fans who were queing early on Madrid -and I saw him by chance on Oviedo while walking around the city-, any chance of the rest of you doing something similar? It'd be great to meet you in person after so many years of listening to your music and going to a few concerts!
we were all walking around oviedo... 
Joim View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2014 at 13:15
Dang, I spent most of the day visiting the city. Next time post here and I'll buy you any refreshing beverage you like :p
notciv View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notciv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2014 at 09:32
Originally posted by jabberwock jabberwock wrote:

Jay,

most "normal" people who don't have an addict in their direct family don't understand it. i don't need to set them straight. i just have to stay sober, and help other addicts who are struggling.

That's awesome. I'll take a page out of that book. I don't know any other pot addicts mind you but the part about not needing to set them straight is a gem. It's interesting that you are helping me with addiction cuz I am addicted to your band. I enjoy my old fav songs of BR still but ya not abusing it.

Jay, you made my day :) Thanks!
--------
My best shout
503ed...
notciv View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notciv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2014 at 20:48

Since you really do read our mailbox items on this page...

[later]
Dear Jay,

This is a little like almost laughing while trying to hide it. Can you guess?

Yup, got stoned. It happened. A lot was at stake and now the cost is unknown. 
--------
My best shout
503ed...
The Same Person
The Same Person
jaylicious

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabberwock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2014 at 22:51

Since you really do read our mailbox items on this page...

[later]
Dear Jay,

This is a little like almost laughing while trying to hide it. Can you guess?

Yup, got stoned. It happened. A lot was at stake and now the cost is unknown. 

"2. came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity"

the two things we have no control over are yesterday and tomorrow. yesterday is gone, it's mistakes and problems are history, we don't live in the past. tomorrow is a dream, an illusion of what may be, the hazy possibilities of "what if?", we don't live in a dream ... but today, today we CAN control. even if for only THIS HOUR or THIS MINUTE, we can ask that higher power to return us to sanity for just this moment... we can make that decision right now, and every right now that follows it.

all of us will fail. all of us will make untold mistakes that will have such impact upon our lives as to render us incapable of thought... but the key here is knowing that once you've realized you've taken the wrong path, you do EVERYTHING in your power to take the NEXT RIGHT STEP
notciv View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notciv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2014 at 16:47
Thanks Jay. Very good words for me to hear. I am taking it moment by moment expecting another challenge to pop up and test me. Tomorrow, that may happen. Could happen now. The next step is going to be the RIGHT step indeed.

As far as screwing up my life... I should be able to carry on largely unaffected in the most important personal aspects of my life. Not proud, but should squeak by un-noticed by those in charge of certain aspects of my life. Expect short hair in a year and good to go.

Thanks again. Much appreciation.
--------
My best shout
503ed...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 34>
  Share Topic