Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 I Quit - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 1
Quote of the day: "How do you know what you can be if you can't see where you are going?" - The Lie
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I Quit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Greg Giraffin View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Master of Puppies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Giraffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I Quit
    Posted: 05/22/2015 at 10:18
Don't get your hopes up punks, I'm not talking about quitting the boards.

Last time I got really drunk was 2 years ago on this day and that's when I decided to quit drinking. Also quit smoking cigarettes while I was at it. So it's officially 2 years without any nicotine. And 2 years without getting drunk. (I did have a few beers either the Thanksgiving or Christmas before last but that doesn't really count, since it was in moderation.)

Went cold turkey. No patches or pills or plans. Just pure determination fueled by disgust for doing drugs. No more alcohol, or nicotine. Oh yeah, cut out caffeine too. 

I'm basically straight edge except without without the tattoos or militancy.

Though if you score me a bottle of Westvleteren 12 or Pliny the Elder (or any other top 1% rated beer) I would be fine to drink that. Heh... I'm not stupid

Anyway, feels good man.

Edited by Greg Giraffin - 05/22/2015 at 10:22
Listen to my Chillest Downtempo Mix
BFY View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BFY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 10:24
I need to quit everything.
did greasy fingers grasp for pieces of your mind?
SOLDSHORT View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
fishtank survivor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOLDSHORT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 10:52
Quitter
THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY
Generator
Generator
Master of Puppies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Giraffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 11:02
The funny part is that my new years resolution for that year (2013) was to "quit quitting". I decided I was going to just smoke forever rather than continue to fail at quitting smoking.

I guess I really am THAT bad at keeping new years resolutions...
SPORK View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SPORK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 11:23
2 legit to quit
I'm not going to stop the wheel
I'm going to break the wheel
Warstub View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
Biggest brpage Tool... Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warstub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 16:39
Too much of a quitter to quit quitting Quitsville
http://warstub.weebly.com/novels.html
Nothing can bring a person into adulthood except their own sense of self and the personal responsibility that accompanies that.
Warstub View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
Biggest brpage Tool... Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warstub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 16:39
Quitter Critter
http://warstub.weebly.com/novels.html
Nothing can bring a person into adulthood except their own sense of self and the personal responsibility that accompanies that.
Egg View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 17:32
LV97 View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LV97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 17:33
I kind of quit any form of "heavy" drinking some years ago, and I think that Westvleteren is good but kind of overrated. But yes I'd drink it too.
http://lv97.net/ - Approximately retired D.I.Y.-punk-private/jokes creations.
Generator
Generator
Master of Puppies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Giraffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 20:55
Oh shit son... you live in Belgium.

HOOK A BROTHA UP

And no, Westy 12 ain't overrated. If anything it only confirms the old saying "the grass is always greener on the other side". You're just too blessed with good beer in your country to realize how good it is.

Edited by Greg Giraffin - 05/22/2015 at 20:58
ivanhopl View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivanhopl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2015 at 01:47
The Quitterning  
LV97 View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LV97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2015 at 10:12
Probably the weirdest thing for a Belgian guy but ... I really enjoy English ales. (By the way English ales are not "drinking", they're so low on alcohol it's impossible to get drunk). That's probably because I have some Italian roots too ...

(But yes, probably I lived in a different country I would see beer things differently.)
http://lv97.net/ - Approximately retired D.I.Y.-punk-private/jokes creations.
Graffinius View Drop Down
Staff
Staff
punk bunny in a man suit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graffinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2015 at 13:52
Congrats on staying quit. Probably shouldn't mention that it's pretty easy to get Pliny over here.
this thing changes a lot
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2015 at 18:36
he's "truly" straight edge when he quits puppies.
"Some claim there was no great shoeman in the sky, others say the answer won't be known until the other shoe drops" - Al Bundy
notciv View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notciv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2015 at 12:26
Nicotine free myself since March 11, my son's birthday coincidently. Tried the gum and meh so ya like Neil it was cold turkey.
make your decision
or shut up
Generator
Generator
Master of Puppies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Giraffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2017 at 16:03
Quit smoking and drinking 4 years ago :O
SOLDSHORT View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
fishtank survivor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOLDSHORT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2017 at 16:33
Emo
THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY
Leeps View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2017 at 18:02
But you can drink Starbucks right?
Generator
Generator
Master of Puppies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Giraffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2017 at 18:12
i've been off caffeine even longer, except for the minor amounts in chocolate :O
Leeps View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2017 at 05:02
NOOOOOO!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic