Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 Jamie's premiere? - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 2
Quote of the day: "What they call straight I do relegate as I cautiously saltate along." - Forbidden Beat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jamie's premiere?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Sascha89 View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sascha89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2016 at 19:12
Anybody record the complete stream? But not one song ath one video, the hole set?
SOLDSHORT View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
fishtank survivor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOLDSHORT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2016 at 19:35
Courtney love isn't walking through that door
THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2016 at 21:57
You should learn how to say nOH3d
"Some claim there was no great shoeman in the sky, others say the answer won't be known until the other shoe drops" - Al Bundy
loggamatt View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loggamatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2016 at 22:12
Yeah, this guy is good! Personally, I still prefer Brooks, but I think Jamie may turn out to be a better fit for the band in terms of style and sound. They just need to hurry up and get back into the studio now so we can hear him on an album!
Amoeba View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Amoeba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2016 at 23:59
I think he's exactly the type of drummer the band needed...  Granted Brooks is way far more technical, and creative too, and it's been said that he can record in one take etc... the guy is good, for sure...
But BR needs a solid, hard hitting drummer, because punk-rock is all about that, IMO... Miller seems to be exactly in that spot, judged on the few videos that popped up.. Also, he leaves space for other instruments to be heard, and vocals too.

Sounds like a far more homogenous, straight to the point band, and I'm happy about it... 

I'm on a boat that doesn't float and i can't swim...
nropevolI View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
pr0n Jeremy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nropevolI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2016 at 00:53
After watching these videos, I really miss Brooks. Brooks was as tight as a metronome. This guy isn't. 
Sometimes drummers get better if they play the songs more often. I hope that happens. 
Amoeba View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amoeba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2016 at 04:45
Originally posted by nropevolI nropevolI wrote:

After watching these videos, I really miss Brooks. Brooks was as tight as a metronome. This guy isn't. 
Sometimes drummers get better if they play the songs more often. I hope that happens. 

Can you develop about Miller not being tight in the tempo ? because it's not really obvious in the vids..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00h-KE5gIwE#t=220.961675329

please point out where on this vid did he screwed up tempo exactly ?

MarcusÖhrn View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MarcusÖhrn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2016 at 04:51
I take everything back about what i saw in the fanvideos. Apparently the sound fucked up the drums. After have seen Lolapalooza, Jamie Miller is the fucking man!
labamba View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote labamba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2016 at 05:00
Glad Jerry Only found a new passion in playing drums
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2016 at 05:03
The pressure is real

"Some claim there was no great shoeman in the sky, others say the answer won't be known until the other shoe drops" - Al Bundy
nropevolI View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
pr0n Jeremy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nropevolI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2016 at 07:23
Originally posted by Amoeba Amoeba wrote:

Can you develop about Miller not being tight in the tempo ? because it's not really obvious in the vids..

I have watched all the lollopalololoozoo videos right now and he's excellent. I saw a bad video of fuck you and you are the government and they were pretty slow and every time he did a drum fill, it was like he lost the tempo. But I guess I was wrong! In the good videos, he's a good drummer. sorry
Amoeba View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amoeba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2016 at 12:40

Originally posted by Amoeba Amoeba wrote:

I have watched all the lollopalololoozoo videos right now and he's excellent. I saw a bad video of fuck you and you are the government and they were pretty slow and every time he did a drum fill, it was like he lost the tempo. But I guess I was wrong! In the good videos, he's a good drummer. sorry

haha, no problems, i was just surprised by your first harsh opinion 
Greg Giraffin View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Master of Puppies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Giraffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2016 at 13:10
Atzlan View Drop Down
Henchman
Henchman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atzlan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2016 at 13:29
I dig it.

Lollapalooza sounded great. Jamie - you da real mvp.
Well madness reigned and paradise drowned...
BringBRTotheUK View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
demonomaniac

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BringBRTotheUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2016 at 18:26
I really noticed the difference In the "yeah yeah yeah" breakdown bit of Infected.

Greg's voice is kind of going too. Don't people say the vocals and the drums are the most important parts in a punk rock band?

Before anyone accuses me of being a nostalgic Holy Trinity fanboy, I actually think BR hit their peak in 2011 in terms of live performances. Videos from 2010 were not great; then Greg lost weight and he suddenly became a vocal powerhouse. Take the 2011 Weenie Roast set, or the Roskilde festival of the same year.

Maybe Graffin just needs to hit a gym, and that will solve his vocal problems. I swear, from my extensive watching of BR videos on Youtube, that his vocal performance is inversely related to his weight.
Greg Giraffin View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Master of Puppies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Giraffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2016 at 22:27
hey man you don't sound like a Happy Human
coop View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2016 at 23:03
Next album will be awesome!
lemadfab View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lemadfab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2016 at 04:00
Jamie is a good Bobby Wackerman, an ideal compromise between two worlds! 

Regarding the videos he is a really really good drummer. The only tiny mistake was in the intro of supersonic, and probably no one really noticed. Can't wait for the album. 
badreligionlover View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badreligionlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2016 at 04:20
I was kinda impressed at first listen... then I heard Supersonic and did something I shouldn't have done and played a live Brooks Supersonic and suddenly I realised Jamie wasn't anywhere near Brooks...

That being said - Jamie is on his first tour in a new band learning new stuff. I am pretty sure that in time he will make these songs his own and we will all be just as happy. I cant wait to see him live in June and the one thing that this does mean for Bad Religion is that the new album, whenever it arrives, may return to the more classic noise of the STF and Generator times with a more classic punk drummer.

I would love to see Jamie have a go at Submission Complete though..................
We could have our own game; where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing's the way it seems ...
badreligionlover View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badreligionlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2016 at 04:26
Just to say - has no one mentioned the solo by Mike in 21st Century? He killed that shit! Was sat here like - 'Wow'... ain't that a Baker solo normally?
We could have our own game; where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing's the way it seems ...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic