Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 New Greg Graffin Interview - The Bad Religion page forum
Quote of the day: "There's a feeling about myself that I can't understand. It's a foreboding sense that I see all around the land." - Crisis Time
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Greg Graffin Interview

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
labamba View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote labamba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Greg Graffin Interview
    Posted: 03/16/2016 at 05:41

labamba View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote labamba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2016 at 05:42
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTdO_xrjezI
Ramona View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ramona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2016 at 08:08
Dr. Graffin I love you!
SOLDSHORT View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
fishtank survivor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOLDSHORT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2016 at 10:05
*blushes*
THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY
Priesterseminar View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2016 at 16:09
just excellent!! 
"with nothing better to do"
BringBRTotheUK View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
demonomaniac

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BringBRTotheUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2016 at 17:28
Listen to his talking voice. It sounds like permanent vocal fry. He didn't used to sound like that. I also remember him making a comment about how he speaks quietly because he is "saving his voice for the stage".

You heard it here first: he has a vocal condition, polyps or nodules. I have suffered from a very mild case of this, but it has to get quite bad before it affects one's speaking voice.
SOLDSHORT View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
fishtank survivor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOLDSHORT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2016 at 18:46
ACTUALLY CHUCK DIS MY REAL SPEAKING VOICE. I TALK STRAIGHT UP GANGSTA BITCH
THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY
BRP View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2016 at 19:30
Was this filmed under water, or did I just have a stroke?
SOLDSHORT View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
fishtank survivor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOLDSHORT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2016 at 22:10
A little from column a and a little from column b
nropevolI View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
pr0n Jeremy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nropevolI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2016 at 02:10
Originally posted by BringBRTotheUK BringBRTotheUK wrote:

Listen to his talking voice. It sounds like permanent vocal fry. He didn't used to sound like that. I also remember him making a comment about how he speaks quietly because he is "saving his voice for the stage".

You heard it here first: he has a vocal condition, polyps or nodules. I have suffered from a very mild case of this, but it has to get quite bad before it affects one's speaking voice.

I wouldn't worry about that. Ever since nmoh he sounds like that talking or singing low notes. Remember how he sang the verses of honest goodbye live? Or that little kroq acoustic performance of 3 songs on the radio?
BringBRTotheUK View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
demonomaniac

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BringBRTotheUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2016 at 05:21
@nropevoll, His talking voice sounds seriously bad here. He has been sounding that way to some extent for a while as you say, but vocal nodules are a progressive, long-term condition - so that isn't necessarily evidence against the diagnosis.

RabidRabbit View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RabidRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2018 at 05:38
Anyway, how about that island composed of plastic???
Justicus View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2018 at 00:32
Frankly, I don’t hear what you guys do when it comes to vocal fry. Greg’s talking voice sounds exactly as it has always sounded to me but aged, which makes sense because, you know, he’s older.

I don’t know if it’s a bit of Wisconsin twang (or wherever the hell he’s from) but his talking voice has always struck me as slightly different. He’s definitely well spoken when prepared with material but he’s always struck me as an awkward man when watching interviews. Not that there’s anything wrong with the way he talks, because there certainly isn’t, but there’s a certain uniqueness that I’ve never been able to pin point. He’s always had a lovable awkwardness to him and it shines through as bright as ever in this interview, in my opinion, of course.
RabidRabbit View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RabidRabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2018 at 08:02
I certainly detect a midwestern nasally effect on later recordings.
Warstub View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
Biggest brpage Tool... Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warstub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2018 at 15:36
I'd get vocal fry too if I had to do that many lectures every year! It's hard work standing in front of a class lecturing them all day long, let me tell you, from someone who knows! Well, at most about 5 hours per day, but still it's HARD WORK!

Hard work I tell ya.
http://warstub.weebly.com/novels.html
Nothing can bring a person into adulthood except their own sense of self and the personal responsibility that accompanies that.
cleverscreename View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
one

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleverscreename Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2018 at 01:18
Originally posted by RabidRabbit RabidRabbit wrote:

Anyway, how about that island composed of plastic???

id spend a weekend there if the exchange rate is good
he who fucks nuns will later join the church.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic