Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 Is Trump Punk Rock? - The Bad Religion page forum
Quote of the day: "You might not think there's any wisdom in a fucked up punk rock song" - Kyoto Now!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is Trump Punk Rock?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Markovian View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is Trump Punk Rock?
    Posted: 01/21/2017 at 19:51
im getting a strong vibe for our commander with legendary hair that says...fuck the government im going to do things a different way.
and if you were here, would things be any different, or are you just a mosaic of thoughts alone?    
Leeps View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2017 at 20:20
Maybe he is punk. In a GG Allin kind of way. And by that I mean we can expect him to throw his feces at the audience.
LV97 View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LV97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2017 at 10:59
Originally posted by Markovian Markovian wrote:

...fuck the government im going to do things a different way.

Ah ... so many defintions of punk ...

But with that one ... many dictators including the worst ones in history were punks. So please, no.
http://lv97.net/ - Approximately retired D.I.Y.-punk-private/jokes creations.
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2017 at 11:30
Regardless of how right Trump is about doing certain thing differently than his predecessors, he was, is and will always remain a major league asshole.
Greg Giraffin View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Master of Puppies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Giraffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2017 at 12:26
Yeah destroying the environment and gay's- and women's rights will be so punk rock.
Listen to my Chillest Downtempo Mix
labamba View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote labamba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2017 at 13:11
and i allways tought br fans are smarter or at least more fact oriented thant others...
Generator
Generator
Master of Puppies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Giraffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2017 at 10:40
Drain the swamp? (nah, added a cabinet full of billionaires and special interests)

Return the rule of law? (nah, his first monday in office he's already signing anti-abortion executive orders)

How will trump do the opposite of what he said next? Stay tuned for the next episode of this long, horrific reality tv show.
ivanhopl View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivanhopl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2017 at 10:12
Trump is a f>>king right wing rock. Grig what is the name of skins music ?
I'm not really here
Generator
Generator
Master of Puppies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Greg Giraffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2017 at 21:13
cuntry
Poetry4Anarchy View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poetry4Anarchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2017 at 07:19
In the vein of being a complete and utter individual,and that is as far as one is honestly being what they are and beyond bullshitting themselves...Can't say myself,I've never met the guy,but the fact he has been doing/saying whatever the F he feels like is a sort of testament to that,and also that so many get so tore up over his agenda or whatever you want to call his 'politics',is just feeding into exactly what he does it for,clearly. Many bands/acts to the same for shock value and are lauded or vilified according to an audiences tastes. As far as his racist/anti rhetoric goes,one can't please everyone. OK,so he's against abortion..well if he was for it,then he has a cavalcade of Pro-life critics on his ass. The points he makes about foreigner's coming to America,are practical,it's not America's duty to house refugees from other countries. Why doesn't China? Why doesn't Canada? Why doesn't Mexico open her doors to Middle-Eastern refugees? Because these countries not only barely keep their own population stabilized,but have enough sense that foreign cultures mixing with their own causes dissention,and they look at the U.S. as a lovely example. Also,here's some 'controversial' rhetoric of my own,which we're all entitled to,The state of African-American culture in this country is...as someone would say,a 'disaster'..Harriet Tubman,MLK Jr.,Are ROLLING OVER in their graves while this generation PISSES on everything they worked to accomplish. This is fact,I have worked with a number of African folks while I lived in Dallas,TX 6yrs,and none of them could stand their African-AMERICAN counterparts...they called them,spoiled,ungrateful,and lazy,amongst other things,and the Proof is in the PIE people. I've met PLENTY of black folks that agree,usually older of course. Look at the pop-culture of this generation: WORSHIP of Sex/Money..I don't care what anyone's beliefs are,but this is straight-up fucking DEPLORABLE. Look at their 'role-models' when most of them get famous or rich,usually with 0 talent,they still promote...I'm not even going to waste time on that.There is no doubt talented black people...A large number of my fave actors,sports stars,even a few in music industry(likely last Century!) As well as a few of the most meaningful people I've been acquainted with are black. Its 2017 last I knew,and I don't owe ANY race shit more than respect on an individual basis,and to be completely honest..I'm at least 30 odd percent native,and I wouldn't mind most uncommon blooded mfers off Our Land! AnyLay,I'll finally get off the hook and tell ya'll to go listen 'Homeless' again by Pennywise.."better help ourselves before the foreign" Omg Nancy,did he just cuss!! *Mic Drop*
Generator
Generator
Master of Puppies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Giraffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2017 at 08:09
oh
Poetry4Anarchy View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poetry4Anarchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2017 at 09:34
Yes indeedy! Ever seen this 1 Simpsons episode where the 2 aliens rule the world and they like 'No abortions *chorus of boos* OK,abortions for all! *chorus of boos* Hmm,OK,abortions for some,miniature american flags for others! *crowd cheers and waves miniature flags*
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic