Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 Brett Gurewitz fans? Caught this on the 89 tour - The Bad Religion page forum
Quote of the day: "Now everybody's praying, don't pray on me" - Don't Pray On Me
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Brett Gurewitz fans? Caught this on the 89 tour
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brett Gurewitz fans? Caught this on the 89 tour

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TxNick87 View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TxNick87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brett Gurewitz fans? Caught this on the 89 tour
    Posted: 02/19/2017 at 15:00

First off love the guy, love his early stuff woih the band, and for those who admire the sound of the band (pending on what years) this may raise an eyebrow, Gurewitz said in an interview once describing his gear, but didnt mention this. He did in fact once upon a time used EMG, now i dont know what model but i was watching a tour they did in 89 and he had his red charvel, before most of the mods. But no duncan, no no no, this is a EMG possibly a early H series or maybe even a 81? As you can see in the picture above. I post this because i know somewhere out therr, somebody is fine tuning their amp to get that sound, hope this helps.
SOLDSHORT View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
fishtank survivor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOLDSHORT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2017 at 15:46
Finally
THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY
TxNick87 View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TxNick87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2017 at 16:49
He must have switched to duncan probably after brian showed up, not to say it wasnt used on any albums, id imagine possibly after his departure. He did have a tom anderson guitar but unknown pickups. And a les paul. But as he said, "the red rocket was on every album we did with bad religion" hence when he was with the band. I own a emg 81 in a custom warmoth sinfle cut Hxx similiar to bretts, and i have a dsl40c i think its too trebly personally, but with studio eqs could quite possibly be, im not familiar with emgs that much, i understand the Emg 81 and a H were hott pickups back then.
ivanhopl View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivanhopl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2017 at 15:51
I'm not really here
ivanhopl View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivanhopl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2017 at 10:55
I'm not really here
EmilyDavis View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmilyDavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2017 at 11:27
aw, dad religion
ivanhopl View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivanhopl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2017 at 09:38
I'm not really here
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic