Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 My New Novel: Auralye on a Harp - The Bad Religion page forum
Quote of the day: "You might not think there's any wisdom in a fucked up punk rock song" - Kyoto Now!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My New Novel: Auralye on a Harp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Warstub View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
Biggest brpage Tool... Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warstub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My New Novel: Auralye on a Harp
    Posted: 06/07/2017 at 00:56
Hi Guys. I recently published my second novel Auralye on a Harp on Amazon.

My goal with this novel was to take my experience as a high school music teacher and explore the subject of a teacher obsession with a teenage student. The story was begun before going into teaching but after six years of teaching I decided to take those real-world experiences and incorporate them into the plot. I had no desire to go down the "Lolita" path, but instead try to incorporate real-world issues and problems of the teacher, at least, as I see them in New Zealand. There are moments where I reflected on issues that have occurred in American high schools, and how we as teachers might have talked about it, and the issues that surround them. Ultimately, the story is about a teacher who has to make the right decision, whether he does or not, and what the results of his obsession are. For some this will be a very difficult read as they have to confront issues about themselves and their beliefs.

You can read a free sample of the first SEVEN chapters here: http://warstub.weebly.com/auralye-on-a-harp-chapters-1-7.html

The Ebook is at it's lowest price, and free with Amazon Matchbook:

The physical book is at its lowest price as well, which earns me no more than the ebook, so up to you which you prefer.

This blue version looks cooler though: https://www.amazon.com/Auralye-Harp-Warwick-Stubbs/dp/1520203748/

Unlike my previous novel, this one is only 235 pages, the first chapter is short - in fact, there are no long chapters!

Like my previous novel, it contains sexiness - MORE in fact!! And drugs!

“I just don’t know if I can deal with it anymore, Alex. I’m just so sick of feeling like my voice, my opinions aren’t worth shit. We’re not even at the end of the first term and I’m over it already. It just feels like the same old shit from last year, repeating itself over and over again. Fuckin’ teachers, the students – god the students are the worst. I can handle dickheads like Matthew, but Henderson. He’s so damn frustrating. Everything’s just a fuckin’ joke to him.”

She sounded like she was on the verge of falling apart. I felt extremely out of place all of a sudden, ease dropping on a very private conversation that was awkward and disrespectful to be listening in on.

“Nasty fuckin’ comments from students that Henderson refuses to do anything about. It pisses me off so much.”

“Stay hard, Angela. Don’t give in. Use that self-defence course to refocus your energies, and teach all those girls how to smash those sexist men up hard. If they need to. Those men deserve it – trust me. Matthew could do with a good smashing in his nut-sack.”

I winced.

Angela started laughing. “It’s self-defence, not brawling lessons.”

Alex shrugged. “What’s the difference when you’re under attack?”

Edited by Warstub - 06/07/2017 at 01:01
Check out my novel 'I am the Local Atheist' at: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FLWDBKS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic