Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 Favorite BR record production - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 3
Quote of the day: "What goes around always comes around" - Big Bang
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Favorite BR record production

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Amoeba View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amoeba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2019 at 05:27
The Gray Race is their best record production wise ! everything sounds tight and just like it should, heavy guitars, booming drums from Bobby, the urgency of punk-rock at its finest..

Songwritingwise, it is almost my favorite one also, although it might not be a very popular opinion here, but ehy whatever...

Also, I'd like to remind that No Substance production is also absolutely awesome, this record doesn't get the love it deserves...

I'm on a boat that doesn't float and i can't swim...
n1ckb0n3z View Drop Down
Universal Cynic
Universal Cynic
Bass boss but still a n00b

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n1ckb0n3z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2019 at 10:18
Originally posted by Amoeba Amoeba wrote:

The Gray Race is their best record production wise ! everything sounds tight and just like it should, heavy guitars, booming drums from Bobby, the urgency of punk-rock at its finest..

Songwritingwise, it is almost my favorite one also, although it might not be a very popular opinion here, but ehy whatever...

Also, I'd like to remind that No Substance production is also absolutely awesome, this record doesn't get the love it deserves...

TGR and NS are two of my favorite BR albums because of this. It's VERY listenable and pleasing to listen to for long periods of time. Sometimes the production of other albums is too noisy for my ears. TGR and NS have such a clear and bright sound. 
I want BR to play Anesthesia in every language at every country they go to.
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2019 at 10:51
Sometimes it feels like @##¤&&#¤@¤@
Groomits View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Groomits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2019 at 12:39
Originally posted by Chainofslowdecay Chainofslowdecay wrote:

I also kind of miss that BR meets Dag Nasty feel the Gray Race guitars had, especially the title track. Brian played VERY Dag-ish on that record but not so much after that. 

Yes, this!

Also, I don't know how much it impacted the sound, but TGR was recorded in "live" conditions, i.e. everyone playing at the same time. Maybe that has something to do with every instrument sounding more ventilated.
BFY View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BFY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2019 at 09:29
No Control might be my fave record production after listening to it on LP, CD (EU, JP and US-releases), and Cassette.
did greasy fingers grasp for pieces of your mind?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic