Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 Happy Human 2018 edition - original songs - The Bad Religion page forum
Quote of the day: "How much is enough to kill yourself? " - How Much Is Enough?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Happy Human 2018 edition - original songs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moonshineman View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moonshineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Happy Human 2018 edition - original songs
    Posted: 01/08/2018 at 15:01
Only the veteran BRPagers will remember The Happy Human, who posted a series of original songs on the forum circa. 2010. 

I always really appreciated the feedback everyone gave to those tunes. 

Well, it's eight years later and here's a new song, courtesy of the guy who brought you such classics as Gunslinger's Globe and The Atomic Ape. 

In fact, I will be writing a new song every week in 2018 (my New Year's Resolution to help me improve). So buckle up.

All feedback appreciated. 

Week 1's song is called 'I'm a Fucking Tiger', about Dick Tiger, the Nigerian professional boxer who made his name in England in the 1960s and received an award from the Queen for his service to the sport. 

However, during the Nigerian Civil War he felt compelled to side with his native people in the breakaway state of Biafra, and he strongly condemned Britain and other global powers for taking the side of the Nigerian feds - he even returned his award to the Queen. 

Ultimately, the Nigerian federal government crushed the rebels, and Dick Tiger was expelled from the country and lost all his wealth, which he had invested in Nigerian real estate. He didn't see his eight children again until he got terminal lung cancer, which led to his travel ban being lifted on compassionate grounds. He died at the age of 42.

Edited by Moonshineman - 01/08/2018 at 15:04
Greg Giraffin View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Master of Puppies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Giraffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2018 at 00:45
i'm boycotting these songs until you repost atomic ape
Listen to my Chillest Downtempo Mix
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moonshineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2018 at 03:52
That mp3 has been lost to the mists of time. I deleted them all.
barrelman View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barrelman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2018 at 07:04
Wow now everything is in time and in key!
You should definitely post your old tunes so people can see the progress, it's a world of difference.
Has it really been that long? 2010??

If you still want "feedback" (really it's just people's opinions at this point...) I would say keep working on your voice because it's probably the first thing that will turn me off listening to your tunes. I think you should probably EQ some of the bass frequencies out of it...maybe sing in a slightly higher key?

Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moonshineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2018 at 08:38
Originally posted by barrelman barrelman wrote:

Wow now everything is in time and in key!
You should definitely post your old tunes so people can see the progress, it's a world of difference.
Has it really been that long? 2010??

If you still want "feedback" (really it's just people's opinions at this point...) I would say keep working on your voice because it's probably the first thing that will turn me off listening to your tunes. I think you should probably EQ some of the bass frequencies out of it...maybe sing in a slightly higher key?

Thanks barrelman. Yep, 2010 - I was 15 then, now I'm 23. I appreciate the compliment about the progress I've made and I would post the old songs if I hadn't deleted them all a long time ago.

I have been seeing a singing teacher for the last two months, so hopefully that will improve one day - I agree I'm not a good singer at this point. 

I will have to read up on the point about EQ, as I know nothing about mixing. Good to have the prompt to learn something. Thanks again!

barrelman View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barrelman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2018 at 08:52
What do you record your songs in?
It's really simple to EQ.
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moonshineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2018 at 13:55
I use Audacity.
barrelman View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barrelman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2018 at 17:21
On your vocal track - > Effect->Equalisation-> put a Bass cut on it.
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moonshineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2018 at 18:20
Amazing, thanks. I can really hear the difference!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic