Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 Stranger Than Fiction Remastered - The Bad Religion page forum
Quote of the day: "And I'm the pilot. Of ultra-violent ancestry. And I'll destroy these passers-by. With zest and artistry." - My Head is Full of Ghosts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stranger Than Fiction Remastered

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Warstub View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
Biggest brpage Tool... Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warstub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stranger Than Fiction Remastered
    Posted: 01/21/2018 at 19:40
Great news that this album is being remastered, though I hope it's not a compression-fest of loudness.

Massively disappointed that the remaster doesn't include B-sides

What the Track List should look like (if this were a well thought out Remaster), but instead it ends as the original album does on 21st Century (Digital Boy):

1. Incomplete
  2. Leave Mine to Me
  3. Stranger than Ficiton
  4. Tiny Voices
  5. The Handshake
  6. Better Off Dead
  7. Infected
  8. Television
  9. Individual
  10. Hooray For Me...
  11. Slumber
  12. Marked
  13. Inner Logic
  14. What It Is
  15. 21st Century (Digital Boy)
  16. News Front the Front
  17. Leaders and Followers
  18. Mediocrity
  19. Markovian Process

Edited by Warstub - 01/21/2018 at 19:49
http://warstub.weebly.com/novels.html
Nothing can bring a person into adulthood except their own sense of self and the personal responsibility that accompanies that.
Harbortown View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harbortown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2018 at 09:27
Wow. That is a disappointment!

I could see myself spending money on this if B-sides were included but this feels kinda pointless. To hear the guitar solo in Mediocrity in high quality would be a fucking treat to say the least. 
https://soundcloud.com/johnzackarias/
BFY View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BFY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2018 at 12:26
Originally posted by Warstub Warstub wrote:

Great news that this album is being remastered, though I hope it's not a compression-fest of loudness.

This release will be brickwalled and clipped, prove me wrong Warstub. Please prove me wrong Warstub!
did greasy fingers grasp for pieces of your mind?
Priesterseminar View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2018 at 14:34
i'll wait for the 2disc deluxe edition...
"with nothing better to do"
satanlives View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote satanlives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2018 at 06:43
On Amazon.co.uk there's Deluxe edition remastered as digital download http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stranger-Than-Fiction-Deluxe-Remastered/dp/B0788H9JL9/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1516714595&sr=8-2&keywords=bad+religion+stranger+than+fiction+remastered Which has 3 b-sides but no Mediocrity. Fucking lazy and stupid not to include all b-sides on disc.

Troubles never go away, They just resurface on another day
posthc View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man
OBI-Wan KenOBI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote posthc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2018 at 21:49
Warstub View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warstub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2018 at 22:17
http://www.thebrpage.net/discography/variation.asp?varID=73

That's still missing Mediocrity, so no.

Considering how much bitterness, or fighting, over the song list occurred with this album, this remastering seems like the perfect time just to get everyone's songs on the album once and fall all. All four of the B-sides are so good that they deserve a place on the album.
Nothing can bring a person into adulthood except their own sense of self and the personal responsibility that accompanies that.
Boingo View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2018 at 08:55
STF is my favorite BR album, I might've bought it again in order to own a vinyl copy but eeeh...no Euro release tracks? I'll pass.
Warstub View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warstub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2018 at 20:23
I'm poor as fuck but I would have bought it with merc if it had all B-sides remastered as part of the tracklist,

It's my BR fav too. :)
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2018 at 09:03
What bitterness and fighting?
Warstub View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warstub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2018 at 23:14
Brett has stated, and I'm pretty sure Jay has also said, that there was a lot of arguing over the track list. There were objections to 'Hooray For Me...' and Brett was pretty disappointed that 'News From the Front' didn't make the final track list. 

"Bitterness, or fighting..." may have been an exaggeration, but it sounds like there was definitely some hurt feelings going around at the time because of which songs got on and which didn't.

Edited by Warstub - 01/30/2018 at 23:22
nropevolI View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
pr0n Jeremy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nropevolI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2018 at 13:15
I never listen to STF. I think it's one of the worst BR albums and I don't think a remaster will make me like it more. I do like infected, 21st century, better off dead, slumber and what it is.
-Fatal- Apocalypse View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
Hail!raiser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -Fatal- Apocalypse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2018 at 14:21

This album and the word 'master' are an oxymoron as long as Infected and 21st CDB are involved.
*I Remember The Future.*
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2018 at 10:31
Yeah i get what you want.. the answer does say the same.. usually i am Not to crazy About remasters since i am Not that audiophile.. ans i grew up with the Europa version so the original lp always felt cut Short, even anticlimatic to end with a so'n that originally was on a precious Record.. but i would have spend my Money on a complete Edition without Second thought! Plus i always felt the Sound in stf was turned down too much..
MONOLITH View Drop Down
Staff
Staff
will outbid you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MONOLITH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2018 at 00:17
Heard of the STF remaster. Grumpy Cat not excited...
Bombarded by multiple choices 24/7 - Navigating a tangled web of logic and passion...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic