Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 Anyone speak German? - The Bad Religion page forum
Quote of the day: "We have no control, we do not understand, you have no control, you are not in command" - No Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone speak German?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moonshineman View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moonshineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone speak German?
    Posted: 02/12/2018 at 20:54
There's amazing live footage of the Millport tour in the video below, but it's all dubbed over with German commentary and interviews.

Would it be worth writing to the authors and asking them to release the raw live footage? 

I don't know any German. Does anybody here? 

I would love to see this footage in its entirety. 

Edited by Moonshineman - 02/13/2018 at 13:35
Bruder Michael View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruder Michael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2018 at 02:29
I do, but I cannot open that video
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moonshineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2018 at 13:35
My apologies. Please find the hyperlink fixed above.
Priesterseminar View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2018 at 14:37
i'll give it a shot:

..four more years untill the next election of an us president, our favourite candidate, doctor greg graffin.
look for yourself what the punk icon has to say about that..

watch out, here he comes, the apostle of american punk. for four decades greg graffin and bad religion are rallying against "bible thumber", now he is touring solo, and after 16 records, a phd in evolutionary biology.and three books, that aged man has been discovering his taste for church music. 

time for judgement day dr. graffin?
i am not that old, i've got a couple of years of life left in me, but ive just turned 50, and that gets you thinking about the years you have left. its time to realize that not everything about religion is shit.
religion also has its good sides, church music for example has a long tradition in america, and you have to acknowledge that.
who would have guessed something like this coming from my mouth??
church music is by far the best, religion has to offer.
i think humanity has their fate in its own hands, its not destined by god or some higher force, 

and this is what it sounds like when a self proclaimed atheist writes a gospel song.yiihaa.. if we had a cowboy hat, we would throw it high up.

i dont want to reinvent the genre, though i have to admit its a sound thats hard to describe, just like suffer, will its influence be the same? probably not, but it feels similar. you cant plan something like that ahead..

bad religion suffer is among the most influencal punk records of all time, the melodic songs with that multi vocal singing, blurred the boundries of punkrock and became the trademark of the band.
out of "no future" became the struggle for a better future. the birth of american west coast punk.

people always say to us, that our songs are so relevant for today, but all we do is take a look at the world from the perspective of a philosopher. time dictates the gravity of the songs, but from the look of a songwriter i have to say that nothing that happens in the world right now does surprise me. we have been warning about this shit for 20 years. and here is a song about that.

bad tounges claim that bad religion is always playing the same song, only in different tempo, but that doesnt affect greg graffin. he founded the band in 1980 together with brett gurewitz, who later starts the punk label epitaph, graffin instead makes his phd and does lectures at the best universities of the usa.
to greg graffin punk has never been a trend, you could distinguish by the looks but rather a forum to provoke thinking, his invitation to rebellion sound like well willing advise from a teacher. the stage becomes a class room.

i believe anyone can learn from his mistakes, today education is more important than ever, so i try to be a good example.

the first single from his album doesnt come as a surprise, in the norman blake cover, greg graffin lets the party of donald trump put abraham lincoln to grave symbolically. lincoln was the first republican president that gets admired untill today for his intellect.

you cant govern via twitter, the challenges of a modern america are of a complex nature, they require detailled answers and a lot of insight, and i dont think there is a lot to expect from the new president, also i am pretty sure he will fail to guide america in the future, and that american society will be fed up by him soon. 

the new political realities in sight, graffin rises to his best in his lyrics for the new record. and who does merge social commentary this beautiful with poetry is welcome to pick up the violin and and enjoy his folk roots.    
the only question that remains, is this still punk? or maybe the first step from educator in chief to commander in chief?

since the bar for the presidential office is that low, its nothing anymore for a man of my statue.. its below me now. this is a joke ;)

Edited by Priesterseminar - 02/13/2018 at 14:47
"with nothing better to do"
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moonshineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2018 at 18:24
That's cool Priestseminar, your German must be good. Thanks for writing it up. Interesting stuff.

But I wanted someone to write to the people who produced the video and ask them to release the live footage they took without the narration over it. It looks like HD stuff. 
Priesterseminar View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2018 at 03:50
My german is better than my english ;)
Find out how to Contact arte Tracks and i can ask them.. but i guess their english will be okay too, so you probably wont Need me :)
"with nothing better to do"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic