Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 New BR song "The Kids Are Alt-Right" - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 6
Quote of the day: "In this land of competition the compassion is gone" - Punk Rock Song
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New BR song "The Kids Are Alt-Right"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Chainofslowdecay View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chainofslowdecay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2018 at 13:14
Originally posted by Bad Brett Bad Brett wrote:

Usually I don't care that much about the lyrics if the song is good, but they are too dumb to neglect, especially after I saw the video. I'm getting really tired of hearing about how Trump is bad and that the Alt-right movement are nazis. I get the point, now let ne think for myself, like Bad Religion traditionally have encouraged me to do.

A far more interesting topic would be to actually explore what drives people into supporting Trump or the Alt-right movement, instead of just implying "Those people are stupid".

Exactly. There are any number of bands that can write obvious pop punk songs about how Trump and the Alt-right suck. I expect a higher standard from BR. As you said, there is plenty of meat on the bone as far as topics to explore as to HOW we got here and WHY we are here politically, and hey, maybe even some ideas on how to move past this. Hopefully the rest of album takes it up several notches musically and maybe looks a little deeper lyrically. I can't believe I'm even typing the latter regarding BR. 

Boingo View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2018 at 03:24
Bad Religion, the democratic party's very own punk rock band since 2001.

Musically it's toothless. Band sounds weary. I liked the lyrics in the bridge, that was the best written part of the song. As for the overall message...not really what I hoped BR would comment on, but I guess I should've seen it coming after their latest batch of merchandise. Still disappointed. I can listen to any jackoff punk band and get "can you believe this Drumpf guy he is lidderly Hitler omg".

I'm still hoping for the album to have some commentary on the ridiculous political correctness and victim mentality on American universities. But those aren't coming from the right so, slim chance I guess.

Edited by Boingo - 07/06/2018 at 03:27
Banjo View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
Jay's Creditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2018 at 06:21
I'm still hoping for the album to have some commentary on the ridiculous political correctness and victim mentality on American universities.

Hahaha. Give them some credit. Bad Religion aren't a stupid band. They wouldn't get pulled in by dog-whistling or attacking minorities. They don't punch down.
I owe Jabberwock coffee.
I owe RoboPilgrim 9p.
coop View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2018 at 08:58
If you punch, punch both ways. All the ways.
Boingo View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2018 at 12:18
Originally posted by Banjo Banjo wrote:

I'm still hoping for the album to have some commentary on the ridiculous political correctness and victim mentality on American universities.

Hahaha. Give them some credit. Bad Religion aren't a stupid band. They wouldn't get pulled in by dog-whistling or attacking minorities. They don't punch down.

Well, they do seem to prefer the easy and mainstream targets these days, you're right about that.

But hey if they do end up having a song about that on the album, I'll treat everyone a coke. Or Pepsi.
Warstub View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
Biggest brpage Tool... Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warstub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2018 at 15:16
Originally posted by Boingo Boingo wrote:

Well, they do seem to prefer the easy and mainstream targets these days, you're right about that.

But hey if they do end up having a song about that on the album, I'll treat everyone a coke. Or Pepsi.
I prefer orange juice. I'm an alt-drinker.
http://warstub.weebly.com/novels.html
Nothing can bring a person into adulthood except their own sense of self and the personal responsibility that accompanies that.
bound for glory View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bound for glory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2018 at 01:00
I guess I don't like the message, here.

Mean to say, I served my country. I was in the fighting in Afghanistan(Kunar Province. . 1-508, 173rd AB), and I'm very proud of that service. I'm also proud to be an American. 

I'm sure there are some other vets here, and I'm sure they are proud of their service. Why not a song for the new Brown Shirts(ANTIFA)?

Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bound for glory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2018 at 02:29
And for the record, I don't shoot an AR15. I had my M4 nearly get me killed on 2 occasions when the piece of shit stopped working at really bad times, lol.

We shoot AK74 pattern rifles in my house.I own 3 of these fine rifles: an arsenal, a very nice Redjacket and a Molot Vepr. The '74(which uses the very lethal 545x39) were what the Dushmen in Kunar used while I was over in that lovely counrty. 

My Father, who served 27 months in Vietnam with 5th SFG, always said, "AK's ALWAYS WORK."

coop View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2018 at 03:42
Found those pictures yet?
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bound for glory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2018 at 17:30
you aere killing me wiith that. you know that, right?

I  have asked my friend scott to verify this story about the show in bethlehem.
coop View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2018 at 02:29
Let's forget about it. I believe you.
Banjo View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
Jay's Creditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2018 at 04:28
This song is about the Alt-Right (You know, The_Donald browsing, pepe-posting white supremacists). Is there a misunderstanding here? It's not anti-army.

And Bad Religion are an anti-fascist band. They would never write a song against Antifa.
I owe Jabberwock coffee.
I owe RoboPilgrim 9p.
Anti- View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Butt-head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anti- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2018 at 09:07

This song is about the Alt-Right (You know, The_Donald browsing, pepe-posting white supremacists). Is there a misunderstanding here? It's not anti-army.

And Bad Religion are an anti-fascist band. They would never write a song against Antifa.

You can't be an anti-fascist and criticise ANTIFA? Of course you can.

Originally posted by coop coop wrote:

Yes. Don't choose sides, choose reason. If someone is spewing bullshit, call them out, not because they are on the right or on the left, but because they are spewing bullshit.
Sometimes It Feels Like... *?!%+!*#@+¤
Anti- View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Butt-head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anti- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2018 at 09:07

You can't be an anti-fascist and criticise ANTIFA? Of course you can.

Originally posted by coop coop wrote:

Yes. Don't choose sides, choose reason. If someone is spewing bullshit, call them out, not because of their political stances, but because they are spewing bullshit.
Sometimes It Feels Like... *?!%+!*#@+¤
Banjo View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
Jay's Creditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2018 at 08:36
Yeah, okay, but I just don't see them doing it when there's infinitely more pressing and dangerous matters at hand.
I owe Jabberwock coffee.
I owe RoboPilgrim 9p.
coop View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2018 at 11:49
Like what?
Warstub View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warstub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2018 at 18:56
Shoes. Everybody needs good shoes, but not everyone has access to good shoes. it's a real crisis!
Nothing can bring a person into adulthood except their own sense of self and the personal responsibility that accompanies that.
coop View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 01:02
Feer without shoes are sad feer.
Warstub View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warstub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 01:50
Feer the shovfefe
-Fatal- Apocalypse View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
Hail!raiser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -Fatal- Apocalypse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 07:48

Guys guys guys guys. It's easy and simple. We write better stuff than this shit. And we're doing alright. Move along, nothing to hear other than elderly misanthropia. Circle complete. This religion has indeed become bad. It's time to drop the cross.

Meanwhile, am sure Bobby is doing fine.
*I Remember The Future.*
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic