Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 My Sanity - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 1
Quote of the day: "There's an endless disposition and it doesn't mean a god damn thing" - All There Is
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Sanity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Tuesg View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuesg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Sanity
    Posted: 11/10/2018 at 00:34
https://youtu.be/qbikab-cJD0

Here's the new song, discuss.
Your legacy - we'll not forget, Lick the wounds, cleanse the land. The modern world rejects your hand!
paulb View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2018 at 00:50
Its a grower. Not quite 100% sure on it, but I definitely like it more than The Kids Are Alt Right. 
Joseph View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joseph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2018 at 00:50
Better than Profane
Tuesg View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuesg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2018 at 00:57
It's between Kids are Alt right and Profane for me, it might grow.
Your legacy - we'll not forget, Lick the wounds, cleanse the land. The modern world rejects your hand!
Robo Pilgrim View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
linkage robot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Robo Pilgrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2018 at 01:17
Can't wait to hear My Anxiety.
Go on take a swig of that poison and like it
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2018 at 01:28
I don't know what it is, but all these songs just don't do it for me anymore. Didn't even finish it till the end.
SOLDSHORT View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
fishtank survivor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOLDSHORT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2018 at 02:06
I don’t care for singles. Need to hear the art of the complete album...
THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY
nropevolI View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
pr0n Jeremy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nropevolI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2018 at 03:27
I like it! As individual songs , the new tracks aren't that special, but as a mini album the songs compliment each other.
I also have to get used again to these fast punk songs. I've only listened to radio pop music the last five years.
coop View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2018 at 03:40
Originally posted by Marty Marty wrote:

I don't know what it is, but all these songs just don't do it for me anymore. Didn't even finish it till the end.

How can you say that? Are you even a fan?!
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2018 at 03:57
Originally posted by coop coop wrote:

If being a fan means unconditional love for everything they make, then I guess I'm not.
coop View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2018 at 04:22
Harbortown View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harbortown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2018 at 05:34

Well he's obviously not a fan of the songs *shrugs*

I'm a huge Bad Religion fan (obviously, who the hell even spends time on forums anymore), but I don't have to like EVERY song of theirs to call myself one. So far no new song as impressed me. Does that automatically make me not a fan of the band? How does that logic work?
https://soundcloud.com/johnzackarias/
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harbortown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2018 at 05:38
Anyway wow, are they even trying anymore?

Sounds like your run-of-the-mill pop-punk band. I liked it better on my second listen, but even then I couldn't get through the whole song. It's not a bad song per se, it's just so far away from the quality that they're actually capable of writing. 

Very disappointed.
coop View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2018 at 05:45
It was a joke! Do you even read what is being written here?
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harbortown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2018 at 06:40

It was a joke! Do you even read what is being written here?
Sorry my guy, I saw a similar comment somewhere else and my hungover brain automatically went into "oh there's another one"-mode, again my apologies
HomerSapien View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HomerSapien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2018 at 06:16
I guess I'm in the minority, here, when I say that I like this output. Has a very bittersweet tone to it that I find endearing; a pessimistic song that finds comfort in the collapse.

What I'm not a fan of is the boominess of the kick drum and the mid-tone focused guitars. But eh, I guess it invokes that messy charm of vinyl.

Either way, this makes me crave more even more output from the band!
One Nation Under God: One man against a nation
friteman View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote friteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2018 at 07:45
Originally posted by Harbortown Harbortown wrote:

Sounds like your run-of-the-mill pop-punk band. I liked it better on my second listen, but even then I couldn't get through the whole song. It's not a bad song per se, it's just so far away from the quality that they're actually capable of writing. 

Kinda feel the same.
To me: Profane > MY sanity > TKAAR
jon View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2018 at 11:59

It’s the vocals. The music is pretty good but I wish the vocals were faster to go along with it. Somebody speed them up and I bet this will sound killer!

--
BUY SOME SHIT:   http://www.punkrecords.org
Warstub View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
Biggest brpage Tool... Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warstub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2018 at 15:13
Originally posted by jon jon wrote:

It’s the vocals. The music is pretty good but I wish the vocals were faster to go along with it. Somebody speed them up and I bet this will sound killer!
The pre-choruses are boring and don't feel like they lead to the chorus in any exciting way. 

I'd just prefer all these songs as straight up acoustic versions. This is what I meant when I suggested solo albums. It means the band doesn't have to adhere to some kind of "Bad Religion" template, which judging by these songs has worn out its welcome well and truly. I don't hate this song, generally, I quite like it, but I also feel like it would have a lot more emotional punch and sincerity as acoustic based, with some electric overdubs. 

Edited by Warstub - 11/12/2018 at 01:10
http://warstub.weebly.com/novels.html
Nothing can bring a person into adulthood except their own sense of self and the personal responsibility that accompanies that.
empire_br23 View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote empire_br23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2018 at 16:31
Solid songs, I like the last two releases. Maybe not their best but not their worst by a long shot either. 7/10 for me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic