Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 "Part I" - The Bad Religion page forum
Quote of the day: "Life is the sieve through which my anarchy strains" - Delirium Of Disorder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"Part I"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KDNX View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KDNX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Part I"
    Posted: 01/19/2019 at 12:15
I seem to recall hearing somewhere that the legendary "Part I" has been written and exists but will never be recorded or played live. Anyone know where I might've heard this, or can link me to where it was said? For context, the "Part I" I refer to would complete the tetralogy set up by "Part III" on How Could Hell Be..., and "Part II (The Numbers Game)" and "Part IV (The Index Fossil)" on Suffer.
coop View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2019 at 12:36
You gotta fight for your right to part I
torbar View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
Doctor of Doctored Photos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote torbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2019 at 17:00
There was an old podcast(Just called The Bad Religion Podcast) where the guy would play old bootlegs of live rare songs and demo recordings and stuff, and in one episode he interviewed Jay,  which I think is where that question was asked. IIRC, yeah the song was written within the band, but never actually recorded or anything
KDNX View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KDNX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2019 at 10:35
That must've been it, then, I was just thinking Jay had said something about the song. Thanks.
Priesterseminar View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2019 at 15:57
Does anybody still have those Podcasts?
"with nothing better to do"
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2019 at 14:34
http://www.thebrpage.net/theanswer/?article=parts

Part I is called "When Man First Hit Man", which is not even a song really. According to Jay it's just an inside joke. It didn't become Part I until after Parts II and IV, which just seemed to fit the idea of tying How Could Hell Be Any Worse? with Suffer.
Warstub View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
Biggest brpage Tool... Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warstub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2019 at 13:25
It's the Generator. 
http://warstub.weebly.com/novels.html
Nothing can bring a person into adulthood except their own sense of self and the personal responsibility that accompanies that.
brdanne View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brdanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2019 at 14:06
Originally posted by Priesterseminar Priesterseminar wrote:

Does anybody still have those Podcasts?

http://brpodcast.blogspot.com/
Through the darkness of future past, The magician longs to see, One chance out between two worlds: Fire walk with me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic