Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 The Gray Race Demo Sessions LP - The Bad Religion page forum
Quote of the day: "What they created was a family story no one will tell. Itís a photo album too terrible. But the pride and the pallor continue to swell as the matron silently prays." - Pride and the Pallor
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Gray Race Demo Sessions LP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Aneurysm94 View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aneurysm94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Gray Race Demo Sessions LP
    Posted: 02/12/2019 at 16:53
As I've only just joined this website, apologies if this has been mentioned already but I've just came across this LP, a guy I spoke to says that 300 copies were pressed in black Vinyl, but 50 red and 50 grey copies were pressed as overstock.

I've never heard these demos before so I'm really interested to hear them.
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2019 at 23:43
The Gray Race demos came from a cassette tape a few years ago and were digitalized by me. Same goes for most of the other demos that "miraculously" surfaced back then. The tapes were the only known source... And I've never heard of someone putting out bootleg vinyl of them to make money from it. If this is indeed true that person sucks monkey balls.
http://www.thebrpage.net/theanswer/?article=demos

Edited by Marty - 02/13/2019 at 00:18
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aneurysm94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2019 at 03:23
Thanks for the info Marty. The guy selling the LPs isn't the guy who pressed them, he was in London and saw a guy who had them, so he bought a load of therm to sell on.

I haven't got a copy as they sold on ebay before I had the money but a guy who runs a local shop, who stocks unofficial LPs, says he's getting a few copies soon.
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2019 at 03:49
Free advise: don't buy it.
We shouldn't promote bootlegging of material that we weren't officially allowed to release in the first place.
Seems like some bad apple got a hold of the files and is now trying to make a few bucks.

Don't.

Edited by Marty - 02/13/2019 at 04:19
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aneurysm94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2019 at 04:17
Totally understand mate!
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aneurysm94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2019 at 15:37
It seems the LP must have a mixture of demos and rough mixes, going by the tracklisting.
Priesterseminar View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2019 at 22:21
Another Bad decision.. those Demos are fantastic on its own.. though i guess i like the generator stuff the most

Edited by Priesterseminar - 02/19/2019 at 15:29
"with nothing better to do"
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2019 at 12:10
Looking at the tracklist of these LPs, it's indeed a mix of demos and rough mixes.

Side One:
Come Join Us
Punk Rock Song
Pity The Dead
Empty Causes
I'm Going For A Walk
Victory
Ten In 2010
Cease
Tested

Side Two:
Strange Denial
Drunk Sincerity
Streets Of America
Them And Us
Universal Cynic
Nobody Listens
The Grey Race
Parallel
Spirit Shine

Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aneurysm94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 08:16
I'm guessing the seller knows more about this release than he's letting on
n1ckb0n3z View Drop Down
Universal Cynic
Universal Cynic
Bass boss but still a n00b

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n1ckb0n3z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2019 at 12:23
You know it's a bootleg when they're using pictures of old band members on the front but using a more recent logo on the on the back. BR wouldn't do that. 
I want BR to play Anesthesia in every language at every country they go to.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic