Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 Age of Unreason - new album out May 3, 2019 - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 1
Quote of the day: "Every time you shake someone's hand and it feels like your best friend, could it be that it's only superficiality?" - The Handshake
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Age of Unreason - new album out May 3, 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>
Author
Metmass View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metmass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Age of Unreason - new album out May 3, 2019
    Posted: 02/26/2019 at 08:16
Source: https://badreligion.com/

Pre-orders & Merch here.

New track "Chaos from Within" now available on streaming platforms.

So, what do you think?

---

Album Track Listing:

Chaos From Within
My Sanity
Do The Paranoid Style
The Approach
Lose Your Head
End of History
Age of Unreason
Candidate
Faces of Grief
Old Regime
Big Black Dog
Downfall
Since Now
What Tomorrow Brings
The Profane Rights of Man (bonus)

Edited by Metmass - 02/26/2019 at 10:31
DaveUK View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 08:47
New song is good, plus I'm glad "The Kids Are Alt Right" isn't on it - great lyrics and sentiment, just wasn't a fan of the track musically. As an FYi, I just pre-ordered a couple of versions of the vinyl and it got me "Chaos From Within" and "My Sanity" MP3's, classed as "Age of Unreason Singles." 
Newest Industry Records
BRsweden View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRsweden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 08:53
The new song is really good.
The album cover will definitely grow on me.
Little weird that only "My Sanity" is an album track of the previously released songs. "The profane rights of man" seems to be a bonus track on the CD edition of the album, a little pity I think since I was going to buy the album on vinyl and think it is a really good song. Well i beter get the Vinyl & cd then #third world problem
I have the best tattoo... thats if you like BR
Moonshineman View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moonshineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 09:11
“When I saw all these headlines about how terrible our world had become, I started doing a lot of reading. I read about the French revolution, the American Revolution, the Civil War, and I started to recognize that this is a pattern of history and something we should never venture into,” says Greg Graffin. “There are ample warnings against it. Every school child should know this but it’s hard to get people to read about these things. Maybe this album can help. Because right now, with social media, we are just playing a version of kill the guy with the ball.” 

http://loudwire.com/bad-religion-new-album-age-of-unreason/ 

Reminds me a bit of when Greg read that there would be 10 billion people on earth by 2010 and then decided to warn us all about it. I'm not into these kinds of political 'forecasts'. The band have staked this album's ability to age well on the US suffering some kind of major civil war-type event. At this stage all we have are memes of frogs being shared on the internet. 
CleverScreenName View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CleverScreenName Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 09:24
*Waits patiently for Coop to shit all over it*

With that said, CFW is a solid track, and I'm glad to see it's truly confirmed that "Alt-Right" gets a hard pass from the album. Pre-ordered the vinyl with the hoodie. 

Edited by CleverScreenName - 02/26/2019 at 09:38
Watcho! View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
BrettOnTour #1 Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Watcho! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 09:31
- I like the cover
- mango or white?
- reminder that that limited 500clear TN's had a horrible edge warp

edit - decided to go with mango, got this notification from KRM:

This release has an in-store date of 6/14/2019. Your order will ship on or before the release date.

Edited by Watcho! - 02/26/2019 at 09:35
I think this is a post we can redo In every language of every country we go to
CleverScreenName View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CleverScreenName Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 09:40
That's weird. My vinyl/hoodie set says 3 May for the in-store date. 
friteman View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote friteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 09:47
No red vinyl?
BrandonSideleau View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrandonSideleau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 09:49
10 on 2010 is still very relevant. Overpopulation remains the greatest threat to our species and the source of most of our problems. The 10 billion in 2010 was just a way of stressing its importance. 7.5 billion in 2019 is still very, very bad. Its a problem with no easy solution, but its a problem nonetheless. Any biologist can go on and on about this (I am in the same field as Greg, although Im still working toward my PhD).
"Who is the animal? Who is that dangerous beast?"
Robo Pilgrim View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
linkage robot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robo Pilgrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 09:54
Diggin' it
Go on take a swig of that poison and like it
Priesterseminar View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 09:54
I wonders if the Kids are alt right will get any form of physical release.. bet on a 7inch with profane Rights announced in late may
"with nothing better to do"
Moonshineman View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moonshineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 10:06
Originally posted by BrandonSideleau BrandonSideleau wrote:

10 on 2010 is still very relevant. Overpopulation remains the greatest threat to our species and the source of most of our problems. The 10 billion in 2010 was just a way of stressing its importance. 7.5 billion in 2019 is still very, very bad. Its a problem with no easy solution, but its a problem nonetheless. Any biologist can go on and on about this (I am in the same field as Greg, although Im still working toward my PhD).

Fact remains that there were not 10 billion people in 2010 and Greg had egg on his face along with the 'modern day catastrophists' who were the source of that forecast
Robo Pilgrim View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
linkage robot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robo Pilgrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 10:06
Originally posted by BrandonSideleau BrandonSideleau wrote:

10 in 2050 doesn't have quite the same ring to it. And you don't need to be a biologist to know overpopulation is a huge problem. 
Go on take a swig of that poison and like it
nico View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 10:12
The LP on red: https://kingsroadmerch.com/bad-religion/view/?id=15293
DaveUK View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 11:06
Originally posted by nico nico wrote:

The LP on red: https://kingsroadmerch.com/bad-religion/view/?id=15293

Ah awesome, I always need red to keep my box set up to date. Ordered!
Newest Industry Records
Nice_Hulk View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nice_Hulk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 11:49
Ordered the red one as well, even though I don't like paying $50 for one record. ($30 shipping to Europe, not cool!) Wish they had put a red vinyl on the EU store as well. Oh well, my box set will keep being very pretty.
n1ckb0n3z View Drop Down
Universal Cynic
Universal Cynic
Bass boss but still a n00b

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n1ckb0n3z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 12:36
I REALLY love this song and my hope for the new record sounding awesome has been restored. 
I want BR to play Anesthesia in every language at every country they go to.
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 13:37
Originally posted by CleverScreenName CleverScreenName wrote:

Well i shat on alt right thing for it being a shitty song. Get over it please. This is ok song, but quite low on a bad religion scale. And My Sanity was very high on that scale, so I don't know what to expect. Maybe that is a good thing.
Warstub View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
Biggest brpage Tool... Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warstub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 16:27
Originally posted by coop coop wrote:

Originally posted by CleverScreenName CleverScreenName wrote:

Well i shat on alt right thing for it being a shitty song. Get over it please. This is ok song, but quite low on a bad religion scale. And My Sanity was very high on that scale, so I don't know what to expect. Maybe that is a good thing.
that job is mine and the shitting has already started!
http://warstub.weebly.com/novels.html
Nothing can bring a person into adulthood except their own sense of self and the personal responsibility that accompanies that.
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 16:31
I just took a shit and it was of liquid variety.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>
  Share Topic