Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 Age of Unreason - new album out May 3, 2019 - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 2
Quote of the day: "The sheltering sky was to be my everlasting lullaby." - The Island
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Age of Unreason - new album out May 3, 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 25>
Author
frod79 View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Frod Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frod79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 17:24
Hello my fellow beautiful old bastards, how have you all been? (well most of us are old bastards) New album news is always a welcome sight. 

I pre-ordered this. I preordered this one so hard.

Also, first...photoshop of new album?

Edited by frod79 - 02/26/2019 at 18:06
"Some claim there was no great shoeman in the sky, others say the answer won't be known until the other shoe drops" - Al Bundy
D.S.M.T View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D.S.M.T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 21:15
Here's a  few question, based on song titles alone
1) who do you think wrote most of the album and 2) which do you think is going to be the most serious song is going to be.

If i had to guess-- it seems like greg is the songwriter that collaborates more on his songs. Brett seems to write more pop-oriented punk (still not pop-punk imo). I see this as possibly being a more philosophical album which is Gregs forte but again my thinking is correct than Brett will have written/co-written most of the album.  The final songs sounds like a slower- almost ballad type of song which would be cool.

Based on song titles alone i'm going to go out on a limb and say that the last half of the album sounds like a bunch of greg songs lyrically. "Age of Unreason" seems like a Brett title as does "Since Now"... Looking forward to the new album and to see how wrong my guesses are.
Chainofslowdecay View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chainofslowdecay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 21:48
I did my senior thesis in college on Richard Hofstadter. I am assuming "Do the Paranoid Style" is based on his work "The Paranoid Style in American Politics". Excited to nerd out on that one. Hofstadter was/is big in academia so I'm guessing that may be a Graffin song. 

Harbortown View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harbortown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2019 at 00:48
I kinda like this one. The harmonies leading up to the second chorus are really nice. I can see myself really getting into this song, but I can't shake the fact that the drums sound like a drum machine and that's probably going to bother me every time I listen to the album

Originally posted by Moonshineman Moonshineman wrote:

Reminds me a bit of when Greg read that there would be 10 billion people on earth by 2010 and then decided to warn us all about it. I'm not into these kinds of political 'forecasts'. The band have staked this album's ability to age well on the US suffering some kind of major civil war-type event. At this stage all we have are memes of frogs being shared on the internet. 
so much truth right here
https://soundcloud.com/johnzackarias/
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2019 at 04:43
I was listening to Chaos From Within with my headphones.. and I noticed a weird drop in volume at 1:45. Anyone else noticed this?
Turdferguson View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turdferguson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2019 at 06:22
Yeah I did too, I kept thinking my device was glitching out. Strange
Moonshineman View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moonshineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2019 at 09:35
Originally posted by frod79 frod79 wrote:

Hello my fellow beautiful old bastards, how have you all been? (well most of us are old bastards) New album news is always a welcome sight. 

I pre-ordered this. I preordered this one so hard.

Also, first...photoshop of new album?

Tweet this at Brett. Maybe it's not too late to make the album about a robot hunter in a post-apocalyptic world who drives around slaying our new overlords in a defiant last effort at liberating the planet.
Metmass View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metmass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 01:49
Originally posted by Marty Marty wrote:

I was listening to Chaos From Within with my headphones.. and I noticed a weird drop in volume at 1:45. Anyone else noticed this?

Yes I did. I believe it's intentional as I find it hard to believe the mixing engineer would fuck this up so badly.
Joe1553 View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe1553 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 02:12
Are you referring to the YouTube lyric video? I’ve noticed that the last half second of the song gets cut off. If that’s what you’re referring to the Spotify version does not have this issue.
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 02:50
Originally posted by Joe1553 Joe1553 wrote:

Are you referring to the YouTube lyric video? I’ve noticed that the last half second of the song gets cut off. If that’s what you’re referring to the Spotify version does not have this issue.
I'm referring to the one on Spotify.. which does have the drop near the very end.

Originally posted by Metmass Metmass wrote:

Yes I did. I believe it's intentional as I find it hard to believe the mixing engineer would fuck this up so badly.
Therefore it has always amazed me what happens at 0:08-0:09 in Every Single Day by Pennywise. Quite the fuck up back then. https://youtu.be/8IgSX3kxqsI
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 06:30
What happens in that pw song? Never noticed anything.
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 06:38
Originally posted by coop coop wrote:

A short hiss. It's not really apparent on YouTube, probably because of the reduced audio quality there.
It's quite obvious actually when listening to cd or Spotify and such.
Metmass View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metmass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 07:50
Oh wow. OK, that one was definitely not on purpose, and it's still heard clearly on the 2005 remaster on Spotify. Judging by the fact that it wasn't fixed, I assume this was still done on tape and was perhaps part of the original mix printing. Fascinating...

Back to the subject, I actually enjoy Chaos From Within a lot. It's absolutely nothing new but I wasn't expecting it to be, and it makes me enjoy My Sanity even more now, knowing that's the second track on the record. It definitely feels right and it got my hopes up for the whole record!
Aneurysm94 View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aneurysm94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 08:13
500 Red Vinyls sold out??? I got an email saying it was 1 per customer and only available through the email, clicked on it and no red Vinyls available.
DaveUK View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 08:23
Well if it is intentional, it sounds like a fuck up to me tbh. This is the culprit, there's a visible dip at the 1:44 - 1:45 mark.

Newest Industry Records
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 09:48

Originally posted by coop coop wrote:

A short hiss. It's not really apparent on YouTube, probably because of the reduced audio quality there.
It's quite obvious actually when listening to cd or Spotify and such.

Strange, i have had the cd for million years. I will investigate this soon!
ivanhopl View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivanhopl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 12:55
Mixing engineer can fuck up everything.
I remember you guys asking Jay about something and he said that the band didn't have control on that.
Yeah, i heard it at the first listen but i didn't want to say anything cuz you would say that i'm stupid.
I think that it's on purpose.
Watcho! View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
BrettOnTour #1 Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Watcho! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 15:54

AND BLENDERHEAD GETS CUT OFF WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY CD
I think this is a post we can redo In every language of every country we go to
Watcho! View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
BrettOnTour #1 Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Watcho! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 15:55
Originally posted by Aneurysm94 Aneurysm94 wrote:

500 Red Vinyls sold out??? I got an email saying it was 1 per customer and only available through the email, clicked on it and no red Vinyls available.

the plural of vinyl is vinyl™
I think this is a post we can redo In every language of every country we go to
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 16:49
Originally posted by ivanhopl ivanhopl wrote:

Mixing engineer can fuck up everything.
I remember you guys asking Jay about something and he said that the band didn't have control on that.
Yeah, i heard it at the first listen but i didn't want to say anything cuz you would say that i'm stupid.
I think that it's on purpose.

You are stupid.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 25>
  Share Topic