Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 Age of Unreason - new album out May 3, 2019 - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 22
Quote of the day: "What they created was a family story no one will tell. It’s a photo album too terrible. But the pride and the pallor continue to swell as the matron silently prays." - Pride and the Pallor
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Age of Unreason - new album out May 3, 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 25>
Author
Bad_Brett View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bad_Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2019 at 16:22
Originally posted by BringBRTotheUK BringBRTotheUK wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kykF0EuLeg 

Lose Your Head live

Is it just me, or does it sounds like Miller tends to be a bit late with the snare hits? I know that people have raised the complaint that the drumming is too simple, but my issue is that something sounds kind of ...off. I can't really define what's wrong. The best way I can describe it is when you record music with rather high latency. It may sound tight but yet it feels off. I try to ignore it but it's like an itch that won't go away.
CleverScreenName View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CleverScreenName Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2019 at 18:25
Originally posted by Bad_Brett Bad_Brett wrote:

Originally posted by BringBRTotheUK BringBRTotheUK wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kykF0EuLeg 

Lose Your Head live

Is it just me, or does it sounds like Miller tends to be a bit late with the snare hits? I know that people have raised the complaint that the drumming is too simple, but my issue is that something sounds kind of ...off. I can't really define what's wrong. The best way I can describe it is when you record music with rather high latency. It may sound tight but yet it feels off. I try to ignore it but it's like an itch that won't go away.

Mmm, maybe a couple of times, but not on the whole. He has a few things working against him when it comes to timekeeping: 1. At least in that video, he had to grab a new stick twice. When I'm drumming, it doesn't matter where the sticks are, it's very hard to concentrate on the beat when I have to reach for another. 2. That fucking microphone. Just another thing to have to be mindful of that can throw you off beat. I don't know why he doesn't just use a headset. Sam Loeffler of Chevelle uses one, and it doesn't seem to be too cumbersome. 3. Just doing backing vocals and drumming in general can be a hindrance to the beat. Don't know much about his prior work, but he may be somewhat new to singing and drumming all at once. 
Watcho! View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
BrettOnTour #1 Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Watcho! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2019 at 21:20
I dunno about the drumming, but I find Dimkich to be such a drag on the live show. He plays just fine, but dude just kinda stands there chomping on his gum. Sure everybody’s getting a bit older, but c’mon Mike, at least act like there are ppl in the room looking at a show.
I think this is a post we can redo In every language of every country we go to
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2019 at 23:14
Yes yes. Bring hetson back. Tim just kills all the energy.
Anti- View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Butt-head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anti- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2019 at 04:48
Give the guy a break. He burns all his energy in running and cycling insane distances during tours. I don't understand how he can even stand when he is doing 20 - 40 km runs and playing shows day after day.
Sometimes It Feels Like... *?!%+!*#@+¤
Harbortown View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harbortown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2019 at 07:15
Originally posted by Anti- Anti- wrote:

Give the guy a break. He burns all his energy in running and cycling insane distances during tours. I don't understand how he can even stand when he is doing 20 - 40 km runs and playing shows day after day.
I mean maybe he could not do that while he's on tour and play better shows instead
https://soundcloud.com/johnzackarias/
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CleverScreenName Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2019 at 07:44
Originally posted by Harbortown Harbortown wrote:

I mean maybe he could not do that while he's on tour and play better shows instead

You would rather he sacrifice his health and happiness just so you can say "wow, look, he has so much energy!" He's playing the right notes, what the fuck else is there? 

Shit like this is why I totally understand when a member of any band either lowkey or totally admits they don't listen to the fans. 
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2019 at 08:04
He completely ruins my live experience on youtubes. No but I really really miss Hetson.

But yeah, the audience is who pays his wages. So i think he owes to audience to give his best stuff on the stage. I don't know if that makes sense. I like to listen music in safety of my home. I am not a live person.

Edited by coop - 05/13/2019 at 08:08
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harbortown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2019 at 08:09
Originally posted by CleverScreenName CleverScreenName wrote:

You would rather he sacrifice his health and happiness just so you can say "wow, look, he has so much energy!" He's playing the right notes, what the fuck else is there? 

Shit like this is why I totally understand when a member of any band either lowkey or totally admits they don't listen to the fans. 
Depends on how you see it and what you'd expect from a band that you have paid money to see live. Would you enjoy a concert where every band member stood still and seemingly emotionless for most of the show?
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CleverScreenName Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2019 at 08:42

Originally posted by CleverScreenName CleverScreenName wrote:

Depends on how you see it and what you'd expect from a band that you have paid money to see live. Would you enjoy a concert where every band member stood still and seemingly emotionless for most of the show?

He shows up, plays the songs with proficiency, doesn't fuck up, and leaves. If his lassitude bothers you so much, then don't buy a ticket; but if it is a result of hobbies he has that keeps him happy, healthy, and even breaks the tedium that comes with touring, don't be a selfish prick and ask him to stop just because you want to see him hop around like Chuck Berry on bath salts. 
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CleverScreenName Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2019 at 08:44
Are you one of those fans who thinks your price of admission includes an obligation from the band to do what you want them to do? 
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2019 at 10:06
I think nobody said that.
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harbortown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2019 at 10:21
I'm posting opinions on an online fan forum. I am not asking anybody to do anything. I'm not trying to prove a point or convince anybody of anything.
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harbortown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2019 at 10:23
Originally posted by coop coop wrote:

I think nobody said that.

he's kind of the master of putting words in people's mouths and being rude at this point

Priesterseminar View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2019 at 11:51
I can understand that dimkich rather passive appearance on stage gives the Impression that he doesnt care whats going on at all and just does his job like a session musician.. thats just the most obvious but also superficial impression one could get.. maybe he is just that kind of guy.. focused or bored - nobody knows! And frankly i dont care a Bit..
If he would be taking the whole stage for himself, jumping around like there is no tomorrow people would be anoyed as well.. so what can you do?
"with nothing better to do"
Groomits View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Groomits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2019 at 13:40
You're the guy replacing Hetson, who is a legend in the eyes of many fans... of course you will be keeping a low profile.
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2019 at 15:01
That would be dumb.
simian View Drop Down
Infected
Infected

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote simian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2019 at 16:02
"Speak softly and be a big dick." - U. S. President Todd Rosenblatt
“As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.”
― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
Chainofslowdecay View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Chainofslowdecay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2019 at 17:24
Here is a nitpick that someone can scream at me about:

Jamie's fast beat. 

Brooks, Bobby, and Pete all largely played a variation of 1  1-2  1  1-2 on the bass drum. 

Jamie plays 1  1-2  1  1  1  1-2  1   1 

Not a huge deal, but kind of a regression from the other guys, and lacks a little of that "gallop" you are accustomed to hearing in a BR song since it skips a gallop. 

Overall Jamie is solid, but this kinda sticks in my craw, as they say. 
Watcho! View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
BrettOnTour #1 Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Watcho! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2019 at 18:12
Originally posted by Priesterseminar Priesterseminar wrote:

I can understand that dimkich rather passive appearance on stage gives the Impression that he doesnt care whats going on at all and just does his job like a session musician.. thats just the most obvious but also superficial impression one could get.. maybe he is just that kind of guy.. focused or bored - nobody knows! And frankly i dont care a Bit..
If he would be taking the whole stage for himself, jumping around like there is no tomorrow people would be anoyed as well.. so what can you do?

*siiiiiiiiiigh*

Look, I’m not assigning any motivation to why he performs the way he does, nor do I care. I’ve seen every BR touring lineup since STF and Timkich is a low energy player who’s come along when the overall live show has understandably mellowed a bit. If dude was jumping around like there’s no tomorrow it would only be annoying to someone totally unfamiliar with Hetson, who unfortunately is no longer around. There are unknowable factors for why MD gels well with the band, but I’m only paying for two of them and one I find lacking. I’m not asking the band to fix it or anything else, and I’ll buy my ticket and have fun. Dude is boring live. It is what it is.
I think this is a post we can redo In every language of every country we go to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 25>
  Share Topic