Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 Recipe for Hate versions - The Bad Religion page forum
Quote of the day: "If your soul needs love you can always have my pity." - Faith Alone
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Recipe for Hate versions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kedal View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kedal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recipe for Hate versions
    Posted: 03/06/2019 at 13:51
Hey there,

sorry for the nerd-alert, but I was just trying to archive my version of Recipe to Discogs. I was thinking that it's a repress from maybe 2004 or 2009. So no remaster. What struck me as odd is that the labels don't match any of the versions shown on Discogs or here and also the etchings seem to be different:

A: EPITAPH 86420-1 2017 A
BAD RELIGION - RECIPE FOR HATE

B: EPITAPH 86420-1 2017 B
BAD RELIGION - RECIPE FOR HATE

Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2019 at 14:28
So the etchings only say "BAD RELIGION - RECIPE FOR HATE" on both sides.. nothing else?
Kedal View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kedal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2019 at 14:58
Originally posted by Marty Marty wrote:

So the etchings only say "BAD RELIGION - RECIPE FOR HATE" on both sides.. nothing else?

No, it's two lines each.
Upper ones: barcode number plus "2017" and A/B
Lower ones: BAD RELIGION - RECIPE FOR HATE

The labels say the same as versions on discogs and the Epitaph logos are the same, but the font of title and tracklist on mine is thicker than on the other ones. Comparable to the difference of Arial Narro to Arial Bold.
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2019 at 15:07
It would indeed be a version that we don't have in our archive yet.
I'm pretty convinced that the '2017' refers to a 2017 reissue... Assuming that you haven't purchased it prior to 2017 obviously :) And in Europe probably?

It would be awesome if you could submit some photos to our discography so we can properly catalog it. A couple of photos of the labels, the front (if there's a sticker perhaps) and the backside of the sleeve.
http://www.thebrpage.net/discography/contribute/?itemID=26
Kedal View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kedal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2019 at 15:19
I just recently rebought it, as I only had the worn out CD from the 90s. I was looking for an affordable LP for a while now and came across it on hhv.com, so yes, Europe. So 2017 would make sense of course. I was just surprised I couldn't find a matching verdion on Discogs. Happy to contribute, I'll get around to it soonish!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic