Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 No Control Live - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 1
Quote of the day: "How could hell be any worse when life alone is such a curse?" - Fuck Armageddon... This Is Hell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No Control Live

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
n1ckb0n3z View Drop Down
Universal Cynic
Universal Cynic
Bass boss but still a n00b

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n1ckb0n3z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Control Live
    Posted: 04/07/2019 at 09:01
Just came across a channel who recorded the No Control set from the recent Roxy show. He just missed the first two tracks but it is awesome to hear a decent recording of I Want Something More, Must Look Pretty Appealing, Anxiety, Automatic Man, Billy, and World Won't Stop live!

It's been rumored in the past that they didn't play these songs because they either didn't like them or graffin wasn't able to sing them. 

Well it seems like Graffin couldn't have nailed the vocals any better! Wish I could have been there!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPQC_D9mWm9QHp4yg_0v_Qg
I want BR to play Anesthesia in every language at every country they go to.
Chainofslowdecay View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chainofslowdecay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2019 at 11:02
I Want Something More is one of my favorite BR songs. Other than the Big Bang video. I had never heard it live. Cool. 
n1ckb0n3z View Drop Down
Universal Cynic
Universal Cynic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n1ckb0n3z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2019 at 14:42
Originally posted by Chainofslowdecay Chainofslowdecay wrote:

I Want Something More is one of my favorite BR songs. Other than the Big Bang video. I had never heard it live. Cool. 

same!
DaymanVersusNightman View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaymanVersusNightman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2019 at 07:42
The crowd doesn't seem very active...
Priesterseminar View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2019 at 00:25
The set is Amazing! Hope the keep it close to the same dir the Rest of the Tour
"with nothing better to do"
n1ckb0n3z View Drop Down
Universal Cynic
Universal Cynic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n1ckb0n3z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2019 at 05:33
Originally posted by DaymanVersusNightman DaymanVersusNightman wrote:

It was a small venue for them too. It's either because of:

a) New generation of Bad Religion fans who haven't listened to No Control enough to know the words. 
b) Long time BR fans who just want to watch and enjoy the music (me)
c) They only showed up for the "hits"
Harbortown View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harbortown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2019 at 05:35
I'm gonna have to be that guy again but honestly I think it sounds dull without the barre/open chords
https://soundcloud.com/johnzackarias/
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2019 at 06:18
Yes, when will Hetson be back?
loggamatt View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loggamatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2019 at 20:15
Ah man, the video cut right at the best part of Anxiety!! I love that song...
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2019 at 00:40
Originally posted by loggamatt loggamatt wrote:

Ah man, the video cut right at the best part of Anxiety!! I love that song...

This!
nropevolI View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
pr0n Jeremy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nropevolI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2019 at 01:16
Originally posted by Harbortown Harbortown wrote:

I'm gonna have to be that guy again but honestly I think it sounds dull without the barre/open chords

No it sounds dull because Jay and Brian skip all the vocal harmonies/don't care enough to sing at a close range in the mic. Same goes for the paranoid style song. They shouldn't play songs that require good harmonies live.
Harbortown View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harbortown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2019 at 03:03
uhhh well I think it sounds dull because of what I just said

That includes parts that don't even have vocal harmonies to begin with. 
https://soundcloud.com/johnzackarias/
Chainofslowdecay View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chainofslowdecay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2019 at 09:32
I have to agree with the chordage. Even more so in the Tiny Voices vid in the other post. I Want Something More is all about A minor. Play it like on the record! 

But at this point it is just so nice to hear obscure oldies played live I can overlook it. 

SOLDSHORT View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
fishtank survivor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOLDSHORT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2019 at 21:30
Originally posted by n1ckb0n3z n1ckb0n3z wrote:

It was a small venue for them too. It's either because of:

a) New generation of Bad Religion fans who haven't listened to No Control enough to know the words. 
b) Long time BR fans who just want to watch and enjoy the music (me)
c) They only showed up for the "hits"

Surprise show with a venue that holds 500. Probably 300-350 tickets actually went on sale.

Odds are most of those people know BR for infected, sorrow, you, Do what you want, sorrow, infected, 21st century digital infected and so on.
THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY THIS IS NOT REALITY
Watcho! View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
BrettOnTour #1 Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Watcho! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2019 at 06:16
but what about Sorrow? You forgot that one.
I think this is a post we can redo In every language of every country we go to
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaymanVersusNightman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2019 at 06:41
I was at Camp Anarchy in Thornville, OH last night and they played No Control again. The setlist is on Jay's Instagram. Only part that's not accurate is they didnt play fuck armageddon

The crowd was amazing and tore the mosh pit up the whole time. Greg sounded amazing and the whole band sounded perfect. Fat mike was on the side of the stage dancing to every song and ran out to grab Jay's mike during digital boy until greg playfully threw him off stage

Also paranoid style live is heavy as fuck!

Edited by DaymanVersusNightman - 06/03/2019 at 06:48
Anti- View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
Butt-head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anti- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2019 at 07:39
Have they bothered to learn any new new songs?
Sometimes It Feels Like... *?!%+!*#@+¤
Watcho! View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
BrettOnTour #1 Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Watcho! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2019 at 08:23

until greg playfully threw him off stage!

"You're not gonna say any dumb shit on our stage, bro." 
I think this is a post we can redo In every language of every country we go to
n1ckb0n3z View Drop Down
Universal Cynic
Universal Cynic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n1ckb0n3z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2019 at 05:42

I was at Camp Anarchy in Thornville, OH last night and they played No Control again. The setlist is on Jay's Instagram. Only part that's not accurate is they didnt play fuck armageddon

The crowd was amazing and tore the mosh pit up the whole time. Greg sounded amazing and the whole band sounded perfect. Fat mike was on the side of the stage dancing to every song and ran out to grab Jay's mike during digital boy until greg playfully threw him off stage

Also paranoid style live is heavy as fuck!

I was looking forward to seeing Paranoid Style live ever since the song was released.

Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaymanVersusNightman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2019 at 06:44
It was bad ass. As a big fan of the song, I very much enjoyed the live rendition. Especially on drums.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic