Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 Christians React To Bad Religion - American Jesus - The Bad Religion page forum
Quote of the day: "What they created was a family story no one will tell. Itís a photo album too terrible. But the pride and the pallor continue to swell as the matron silently prays." - Pride and the Pallor
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Christians React To Bad Religion - American Jesus
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Christians React To Bad Religion - American Jesus

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Priesterseminar View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Christians React To Bad Religion - American Jesus
    Posted: 05/11/2019 at 16:22
too long, didn't finish it.. those two seem competent but not too focused on discussing the actual song, anyway..

"with nothing better to do"
Chainofslowdecay View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chainofslowdecay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2019 at 16:56
The guy pretty much nails it around 21:20. The song- especially by BR standards- isn't anti-Christian. It's more about refashioning Jesus into a nationalist, capitalist figure to sell war and Pop Tarts. At least that's how I always viewed the song. 

Having a "white nationalists react to American Jesus" video would probably bring more drama. 

notciv View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notciv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2019 at 06:10
Originally posted by Chainofslowdecay Chainofslowdecay wrote:

The guy pretty much nails it around 21:20. The song- especially by BR standards- isn't anti-Christian. It's more about refashioning Jesus into a nationalist, capitalist figure to sell war and Pop Tarts. At least that's how I always viewed the song.†

Having a "white nationalists react to American Jesus" video would probably bring more drama.†

2120 is a good listen yes and i like the interpretation. Thx for the tip. No way i could watch that whole bloody thing

Edited by notciv - 05/14/2019 at 06:13
--------
My best shout
503ed...
notciv View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notciv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2019 at 17:43
Also, don't askciv to interpret a br song but now I'm thinking... I can stand to say i just don't care. If weed wasn't legal here you'd know the rest.
--------
My best shout
503ed...
punkrockjustin View Drop Down
Staff
Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote punkrockjustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2019 at 20:20
These two are poor spokesmen for Christianity.

Glad to see, though, that even after 26 years, BR songs are still thought provoking.
   \m/.(><).\m/
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic