Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 3 Perfect Albums: Choose - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 4
Quote of the day: "Often times we may be wondering what we're supposed to do. Stand and deliver or see the conflict through." - Tested
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

3 Perfect Albums: Choose

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Robo Pilgrim View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
linkage robot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robo Pilgrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2019 at 09:27
So I shouldn't share my opinion because someone else will have a different one?
Go on take a swig of that poison and like it
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2019 at 09:39
You guys have your opinions. I've got the facts.
Joe Dawson View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Dawson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2019 at 11:50
    Oh well, i have better things to do than reading your Einstein stuff about Bad Religion in this place...
     It's all very Einstein...

Like P.S. or something...  You all are not share your opinion - your doing "i'm right and you're stupid".
    Guess what,  "i'm right and you're stupid" IS NOT sharing your opinion... 
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2019 at 11:55
Almost 25 years in and some things never change on this site.
friteman View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote friteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2019 at 12:27
Originally posted by Warstub Warstub wrote:

Originally posted by Joe Dawson Joe Dawson wrote:

To be honest i'm sorry but to me this topic is just dumb cuz "de gustibus non est disputandum"

(type it in google). One guy likes this album and the other fan another.

It's like asking about the favorite song. it's just your subjective opinion.

Not all the people have to like the same things ( Well, not yet. But wait 10 years... )

This point is tired. Fans like to discuss. We like to hear (and sometimes don't like to hear) other people's opinions. The whole point of all these threads is to discuss our differing opinions. So it's actually your comment about the thread being dumb that's actually dumb. And pointless.

Basically, the "de gustibus" comment is also an opinion... Is it more pointless than any other?
friteman View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote friteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2019 at 12:35
Originally posted by Marty Marty wrote:

Almost 25 years in and some things never change on this site.

Admins?
Warstub View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
Biggest brpage Tool... Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warstub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2019 at 17:57
Originally posted by friteman friteman wrote:

Originally posted by Joe Dawson Joe Dawson wrote:

To be honest i'm sorry but to me this topic is just dumb cuz "de gustibus non est disputandum"

(type it in google). One guy likes this album and the other fan another.

It's like asking about the favorite song. it's just your subjective opinion.

Not all the people have to like the same things ( Well, not yet. But wait 10 years... )

This point is tired. Fans like to discuss. We like to hear (and sometimes don't like to hear) other people's opinions. The whole point of all these threads is to discuss our differing opinions. So it's actually your comment about the thread being dumb that's actually dumb. And pointless.

Basically, the "de gustibus" comment is also an opinion... Is it more pointless than any other?
Yes. It's more pointless, and it's more other.
http://warstub.weebly.com/novels.html
Nothing can bring a person into adulthood except their own sense of self and the personal responsibility that accompanies that.
punkrockjustin View Drop Down
Staff
Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote punkrockjustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2019 at 19:33
Aw.  Joe*, this thread is just what I would call a forum game.  It's like a thought exercise, playing devil's advocate... of course we all know there's no "perfect" album.**  We're supposed to choose three "unfuckwithable" records and "defend" them "to the death".  It's pure sarcasm, and also a chance for us to learn a bit about our fellow Bad Religioners.  As for the Einstein bit, I sort of think it takes a modicum of intelligence for anyone to appreciate Bad Religion in any meaningful way--and with intelligence frequently comes a tendency toward intellectual arrogance, I admit.  But again, we are Bad Religioners...  "Mediocre Minds" is one haughty, condescending song, and I suspect there's at least a bit of that in every single one of us here.

One of my other favorite forum games is making a thread where everyone has to "talk" in a pirate dialect.  Avast!  It be downright fun t' be sendin' scallywags down ta Davey Jones Locker!  Arr.  An' what be wrong wi' havin a bit o' fun, ey?

By the way, I didn't see you at the flagpole after school.  Your girlfriend showed up though, and we held hands all the way home.***

I wonder...if video killed the radio star, did twitter kill discussion boards?

----------
*I did do a search for Joe Dawson, but the Hendrix song still gets in my head.
**Except for No Control, Suffer, and Against the Grain.  And Christmas Songs.
***That was also sarcasm.  Your girlfriend didn't hold my hand, she kicked my ass and stuffed me in a trash can full of original pressings of AtG.

Edited by punkrockjustin - 07/01/2019 at 19:36
   \m/.(><).\m/
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Warstub View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
Biggest brpage Tool... Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warstub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2019 at 00:06
Originally posted by punkrockjustin punkrockjustin wrote:

It's pure sarcasm
The only reason I come back to this website
http://warstub.weebly.com/novels.html
Nothing can bring a person into adulthood except their own sense of self and the personal responsibility that accompanies that.
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2019 at 00:31

Originally posted by punkrockjustin punkrockjustin wrote:

It's pure sarcasm

The only reason I come back to this website

You were away?
Amoeba View Drop Down
Modern Man
Modern Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amoeba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2019 at 01:26
My opinion is the only one that matters, for one undisputable reason : the world is holographic and you all only exist in my own perception, therefore, your opinions are irrelevant.

#redpill
I'm on a boat that doesn't float and i can't swim...
Groomits View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Groomits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2019 at 05:49
Originally posted by Harbortown Harbortown wrote:

2. Empire strikes first
This one has no bad songs, but I feel like the title track is a little weak for a title track, and Live again is kind of a weak closing song. Other than that, it's ridiculous how consistently good this album is.

To me, Los Angeles is Burning and Let Them Eat War are weak. Lyrics wise, they are good, but the music is booooring. Live again is one of their worst closer. The Empire Strikes First is another 21st century, where the fun is type of song. Social suicide is blend.

I like the album because you have some gems on it. But it's a very uneven album.

And Joe, why?
punkrockjustin View Drop Down
Staff
Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote punkrockjustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2019 at 19:12
Originally posted by Amoeba Amoeba wrote:

My opinion is the only one that matters, for one undisputable reason : the world is holographic and you all only exist in my own perception, therefore, your opinions are irrelevant.

#redpill

Can you take the blue pill now so I can get out of this shit please?
   \m/.(><).\m/
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Watcho! View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
BrettOnTour #1 Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Watcho! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2019 at 20:59
Thanks for playing, everyone. The correct answer is:

Suffer
Recipe
TPoB
I think this is a post we can redo In every language of every country we go to
miamichael2 View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamichael2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2019 at 19:40
I'm surprised reading how many people don't like Sanity. One of my favorites, and it's played live every few years it seems.

No Control
Against the Grain
Stranger Than Fiction
Harbortown View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harbortown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2019 at 03:41
Originally posted by Groomits Groomits wrote:

Originally posted by Harbortown Harbortown wrote:

2. Empire strikes first
This one has no bad songs, but I feel like the title track is a little weak for a title track, and Live again is kind of a weak closing song. Other than that, it's ridiculous how consistently good this album is.

To me, Los Angeles is Burning and Let Them Eat War are weak. Lyrics wise, they are good, but the music is booooring. Live again is one of their worst closer. The Empire Strikes First is another 21st century, where the fun is type of song. Social suicide is blend.

I like the album because you have some gems on it. But it's a very uneven album.
Ok I will agree that LA is burning is a pretty boring song. It took me years to even stop skipping it and even now it's hardly a favorite. Let them+Live again aren't their strongest efforts but I think those three songs are good enough for me to consider the album to be consistently good. 
https://soundcloud.com/johnzackarias/
Chainofslowdecay View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chainofslowdecay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2019 at 11:35
I consider LA is Burning and Fuck You the weakest songs on those respective albums, I can't understand why they are considered "hits" and played at almost every show. 
CleverScreenName View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CleverScreenName Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2019 at 13:28
Suffer
STF
TPoB

Game over, go home 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic