Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 3 Perfect Albums: Choose - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 1
Quote of the day: "Mind over matter, it really don't matter if the street's idle chatter turns your heart strings to tatters" - Materialist
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

3 Perfect Albums: Choose

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Watcho! View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
BrettOnTour #1 Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Watcho! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 Perfect Albums: Choose
    Posted: 06/20/2019 at 23:41
Gimme three totally unfuckwithable BR records;

- zero complaints
- 100% awesome song ratio
- no debate
- ready to defend every song to the death

I mean, y’all can debate it, but there’s no debate for the poster. This BR fan will die on the hill of the 3 perfect albums.

Go:’
I think this is a post we can redo In every language of every country we go to
coop View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2019 at 02:11
There is always that one song.. won't somebody, 10 in 2010, chaos from within. I quess empire strikes first is closest to perfection.
dv802 View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dv802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2019 at 05:11
Stranger Than Fiction (perfect album to me)
No Control 
Process of Belief

Groomits View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Groomits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2019 at 05:17
Originally posted by dv802 dv802 wrote:

No Control 
Process of Belief

Same.
coop View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2019 at 05:41
No control has sanity. Stf has What it is and Television. Process is maybe there with empire
n1ckb0n3z View Drop Down
Universal Cynic
Universal Cynic
Bass boss but still a n00b

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n1ckb0n3z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2019 at 05:50
It's tough because every album has one song that I can do without. I'm going say that these three albums are the ones I would be stoked to see live in their entirety without getting bored in the middle of the set. It's different when you're listening to a record through headphones or in your car. It's easy to mentally take yourself somewhere else to deal with the filler songs on an album. 

1. No Substance
2. ATG
3. No Control

Edited by n1ckb0n3z - 06/21/2019 at 06:03
I want BR to play Anesthesia in every language at every country they go to.
MichaelB View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2019 at 06:54
I don't think there's any album by any band that I think is completely perfect. BR-wise, I would probably say TESF, No Control and The Process of Belief are the ones that are closest to being flawless.
Then there are albums like True North that have one song that I usually skip (Popular Consensus).
'Jesus/why'd you have to go and do that/Jesus/where'd you go and get those strange ideas'
torbar View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
Doctor of Doctored Photos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2019 at 07:32
Suffer
Empire
No Control
Joe Dawson View Drop Down
Incomplete
Incomplete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Dawson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2019 at 09:02
 1. Age of Unreason
 2. Age of Unreason 
 And the third, now that's a tough one...
 3. Age of Unreason
Groomits View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Groomits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2019 at 11:03
Close to perfection, but Big Black Dog...
Robo Pilgrim View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
linkage robot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robo Pilgrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2019 at 14:35
Generator
Suffer
Process
Go on take a swig of that poison and like it
Warstub View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
Biggest brpage Tool... Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warstub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2019 at 20:23
Well, here's the thing. STF, Empire, & AtG have always been my favourites, but yeah they do have their weak songs. Over the years, I've found the one album that I have found the most listenable as a full album, is Suffer. I think Suffer's one weakness is that it is too consistent - all the songs pretty much sound the same.
http://warstub.weebly.com/novels.html
Nothing can bring a person into adulthood except their own sense of self and the personal responsibility that accompanies that.
Chainofslowdecay View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chainofslowdecay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2019 at 20:43
No Control is the closest to perfect IMO. I agree Sanity may not be an A+ song but I don't think it is an awful song either. The rest of that album is relentlessly amazing. 

If Markovian Process and News From The Front were used rather than Television and What It Is on STF, I'd call that album near perfect. Still can't believe those songs got voted down.

Honestly anything from HCHBAW to Gray Race are "non skip" records for me. Are there a couple "B" songs on most of those records? Sure. Anything post GR has several B and/or sub-B songs on it, and for me, some skips. 

So that is my long-winded answer: there aren't 3. 
Chainofslowdecay View Drop Down
Blenderhead
Blenderhead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chainofslowdecay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2019 at 21:07
Also I noticed a lot of mention of TPoB and TESF. I love those records, but personally I think songs like Destined For Nothing, The Lie, Broken, even Kyoto Now!... and All There Is, To Another Abyss and even Los Angeles Is Burning or the title track on Empire are kinda "meh" songs. Certainly compared to the other, stronger songs on those records. None of those are "this is where the fun is" skip-worthy bad, but they keep those records from perfection IMO. 
CleverScreenName View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CleverScreenName Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2019 at 02:31
Suffer
Generator
TPoB
barrelman View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barrelman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2019 at 02:46
Originally posted by dv802 dv802 wrote:

No Control 
Process of Belief

Yup.

I always sight them 3 albums and Recipe for Hate as the "Tier A" albums.
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2019 at 02:50
Easy...

Against The Grain
Stranger Than Fiction
The Gray Race
Viktor View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2019 at 04:32
Generator is the only album on which I do not skip any songs.
They said that islands were solid as bedrock standing firm forevermore, but over time even basement wastes away to the unrelenting shore
Priesterseminar View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2019 at 06:25
Tpob
Generator
Recipe
"with nothing better to do"
punkrockjustin View Drop Down
Staff
Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote punkrockjustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2019 at 12:05
No Control
Suffer
Against the Grain

Honorable mention: Christmas Songs
   \m/.(><).\m/
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic