Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 3 Perfect Albums: Choose - The Bad Religion page forum - Page 3
Quote of the day: "Often times we may be wondering what we're supposed to do. Stand and deliver or see the conflict through." - Tested
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

3 Perfect Albums: Choose

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Joe Dawson View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Dawson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2019 at 09:33
   When i was like 20 - something about 90 % of the fans that i meet
   was saying that  Against The Grain is their favorite album. I was in that rest 10 %.
   28 years old kids have different fashion.
   Now i'm in a little shock that all of you guys are stating that you like all that
   other albums from the 90's.
   Oh well, the times are changing.
SPORK View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SPORK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2019 at 12:11
ATG..filler songs..GTFO.
I'm not going to stop the wheel
I'm going to break the wheel
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2019 at 17:28
Faith alone. Boring as fuck.
Warstub View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
Biggest brpage Tool... Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warstub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2019 at 19:37
Originally posted by Joe Dawson Joe Dawson wrote:

When i was like 20 - something about 90 % of the fans that i meet
   was saying that  Against The Grain is their favorite album. I was in that rest 10 %.
   28 years old kids have different fashion.
   Now i'm in a little shock that all of you guys are stating that you like all that
   other albums from the 90's.
   Oh well, the times are changing.
Isn't this thread about "perfection"? ATG/STF/TESF are my favourites, but I still think ATG lags in the second half with Operation Rescue and Unacceptable being the weakest of the bunch, and although I like Television, it's also pretty weak compared to the rest and the addition of 21st Century Digital Boy ruins an otherwise killer album. TESF is pretty close to perfection in my opinion, but then so is Suffer since I find the songwriting across the board the most consistent. I differ with TPoB as I've always found the second half annoying - The Lie just straight out sucks, and some of the melodies are a bit meh.

So, yeah ATG and STF are still my favourite albums, but no, I don't think they're "perfect" (though STF (with all four b-sides) is close (and minus 21st Century Digital Boy) is perfect).
http://warstub.weebly.com/novels.html
Nothing can bring a person into adulthood except their own sense of self and the personal responsibility that accompanies that.
Harbortown View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harbortown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2019 at 02:14
I don't think they have a perfect album, but here are the top contenders:

1. No control
The only bad song here is Sanity. How it even made the album in the first place is beyond me. Even if it were a typical uptempo Bad Religion song, it still wouldn't be that good. Other than that, though, the album is pretty much perfect. Except for the major chords where they should be minor, of course.

2. Empire strikes first
This one has no bad songs, but I feel like the title track is a little weak for a title track, and Live again is kind of a weak closing song. Other than that, it's ridiculous how consistently good this album is.

3. New maps of hell
It was sort of a tie between Stranger than fiction and this one, but ultimately I think NMOH is more or less a perfect record. I could do without Before you die, and I usually skip the title track (Edit: New dark ages) , but I think the songwriting on this record is absolutely phenomenal. 

Edited by Harbortown - 06/30/2019 at 09:29
https://soundcloud.com/johnzackarias/
Robo Pilgrim View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
linkage robot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Robo Pilgrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2019 at 06:33
Misery & Famine never quite did it for me, but Faith Alone is far from boring. 
Go on take a swig of that poison and like it
Warstub View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warstub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2019 at 06:43
Originally posted by Robo Pilgrim Robo Pilgrim wrote:

Misery & Famine never quite did it for me, but Faith Alone is far from boring. 
AGREED!!!

Misery & Famine did eventually catrch me though. I like those kicks right before the 3rd verse.
Nothing can bring a person into adulthood except their own sense of self and the personal responsibility that accompanies that.
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harbortown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2019 at 07:05
I guess I can sort of see why someone would find Faith alone boring. I think a drummer like Brooks would make it more dynamic and interesting. 

However, I think it's one of the best songs of their career. There's a type of classic rock-vibe to the chord progressions and melodies and the whole song is just this perfect blend between darkness and beauty. At least that's how I see it. 
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2019 at 07:47
Misery and famine rules! And what is the title track on new maps?

Edited by coop - 06/30/2019 at 09:18
Warstub View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warstub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2019 at 08:11
New Maps has Honest Goodbye and that song sucks almost as much as Prodigal Son.
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harbortown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2019 at 09:29
Originally posted by coop coop wrote:

Misery and famine rules! And what is the title track on new maps?
uhhhhh I meant New dark ages, for whatever reason it's synonymous with a title track in my head
punkrockjustin View Drop Down
Staff
Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote punkrockjustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2019 at 09:38

Faith alone. Boring as fuck.

It's more interesting than "You Don't Belong"....
   \m/.(><).\m/
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
punkrockjustin View Drop Down
Staff
Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote punkrockjustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2019 at 09:40
I don't really see much of people defending the top 3 to the death in this thread.  Oh well.  It's still a fun thread.

Also.  Anyone who would dare talk shit about AtG, No Control, or Suffer, meet me at the flagpole after school... if you're not too chicken.
   \m/.(><).\m/
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Marty View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
I'm with her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2019 at 09:41
Originally posted by Marty Marty wrote:

Easy...

Against The Grain
Stranger Than Fiction
The Gray Race
I totally agree.
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2019 at 09:54
Originally posted by Warstub Warstub wrote:

Those are great songs!
Warstub View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warstub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2019 at 08:33

Those are great songs!
No they're not!
Warstub View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warstub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2019 at 08:36

Those are great songs!
No they're not!
Actually, I was listening to Honest Goodbye the other day to remind that that yes I still hate it. And I recognised that it had the potential to be a really great song, but it devolves into Brett's formulaic cheesiness. There's a really good guitar part in it, but it sort of flounders and never gets better.
Joe Dawson View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Dawson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2019 at 09:00

To be honest i'm sorry but to me this topic is just dumb cuz "de gustibus non est disputandum"

(type it in google). One guy likes this album and the other fan another.

It's like asking about the favorite song. it's just your subjective opinion.

Not all the people have to like the same things ( Well, not yet. But wait 10 years... )

Warstub View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warstub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2019 at 09:11

To be honest i'm sorry but to me this topic is just dumb cuz "de gustibus non est disputandum"

Not all the people have to like the same things ( Well, not yet. But wait 10 years... )

This point is tired. Fans like to discuss. We like to hear (and sometimes don't like to hear) other people's opinions. The whole point of all these threads is to discuss our differing opinions. So it's actually your comment about the thread being dumb that's actually dumb. And pointless.
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harbortown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2019 at 09:13

Have you ever been on an online forum before? Blurting out subjective opinions is like 99% of  what they're for

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic