Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 AOU songs in setlists - The Bad Religion page forum
Quote of the day: "The final page is written in the books of history, as man unleashed his deadly bombs and sent troops overseas" - Part III
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AOU songs in setlists

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
n1ckb0n3z View Drop Down
Universal Cynic
Universal Cynic
Bass boss but still a n00b

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n1ckb0n3z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AOU songs in setlists
    Posted: 07/10/2019 at 05:54
I really wish they would just play AOU and No Control in their entirety for one setlist. Add Anesthesia, Infected, Fuck Armageddon, Sorrow and American Jesus at the end for good measure and it's a perfect setlist that I'd look forward to seeing this year. 
I want BR to play Anesthesia in every language at every country they go to.
BringBRTotheUK View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
demonomaniac

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BringBRTotheUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2019 at 11:53
Second show from the AOU tour and still precious few AOU songs actually on the setlist. 

End of History makes its debut, however, which is pretty cool. That's number 2 on the setlist

Still, awesome they're playing The Dichotomy! And this video is of a very high quality. 

EDIT

Just found the setlist for the show here: http://www.thebrpage.net/shows/show.asp?showID=2224 

End of History, Chaos from Within, My Sanity, Lose Your Head, Do The Paranoid Style = 5/28 songs, or 18%. Compared with 4 from Stranger Than Fiction (Stranger than Fiction, The Handshake, Infected, Digital Boy). But only 1 or 2 from the other albums, admittedly. 

Edited by BringBRTotheUK - 07/08/2019 at 12:06
n1ckb0n3z View Drop Down
Universal Cynic
Universal Cynic
Bass boss but still a n00b

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n1ckb0n3z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2019 at 09:20
I've always wondered the same thing. they would play half the albums on tours right away. But I guess with the timing on the release, they just threw in a little bit of AOU so that they could fit in the No Control album as much as they could. Now they're going to start adding more AOU songs in the setlist. 

I want BR to play Anesthesia in every language at every country they go to.
torbar View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
Doctor of Doctored Photos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2019 at 08:51
Looks like they played End of History in MN a couple of days ago
Viktor View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2019 at 06:23
Originally posted by Groomits Groomits wrote:

I'm not sure Graffin could pull off The Approach, but I'd love to hear it live.

I agree, the hardest song to sing on the album. Same was with Avalon, great song , but was played only few times live if I remember correctly.
They said that islands were solid as bedrock standing firm forevermore, but over time even basement wastes away to the unrelenting shore
Priesterseminar View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2019 at 06:17
Originally posted by DaymanVersusNightman DaymanVersusNightman wrote:

They played Profane Rights of Man once

KAAR has also been played at least once ;)
"with nothing better to do"
Groomits View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Groomits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2019 at 05:52
I'm not sure Graffin could pull off The Approach, but I'd love to hear it live.
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2019 at 00:33
That synth is my favorite thing in the song. I don't know why. But it is.

Edited by coop - 07/02/2019 at 04:39
Harbortown View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harbortown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2019 at 21:16
synth? 
https://soundcloud.com/johnzackarias/
BRP View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2019 at 14:25
I hope to hear a few more new songs tonight. Since Now isn't a stand-out for me, but it would be great live because the tempo increases so much at the chorus. If Graffin can pull off Age of Unreason I'd love to hear that, too. It's beautiful. Also, my fav, Downfall. But only if they add the synth. But as I look at the song list now I realize I just want to hear them all.
torbar View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
Doctor of Doctored Photos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2019 at 13:57
During the initial NMOH tour they only played like 4-5 songs, and started adding more as the shows went on, so I imagine during the upcoming tour we'll start hearing more and more new songs
DaymanVersusNightman View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaymanVersusNightman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2019 at 13:46
They played Profane Rights of Man once
Priesterseminar View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priesterseminar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2019 at 00:25
True story.. without checking i guess the opposite could be sais about true North (only a couple of songs havent been Played live at all.. Ghosts, heart, cruel World, island)
"with nothing better to do"
Sascha89 View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sascha89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2019 at 13:37
I think that on the upcoming "Age Of Unreason" US tour more than the previous four songs from the new album will be played.
BringBRTotheUK View Drop Down
Billy Gnosis
Billy Gnosis
demonomaniac

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BringBRTotheUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2019 at 12:30
So far, I've only seen them play the following Age of Unreason songs live:

Chaos from Within
Paranoid Style
Lose Your Head 
My Sanity

This is unprecedented in BR history, as far as I remember. Normally they play a much larger selection from their new albums immediately after. E.g.

After THE DISSENT OF MAN: the following songs were played at live shows

The Day the Earth Stalled
Only Rain 
Resist Stance
Won't Somebody
Devil in Stitches
Wrong Way Kids
Meeting of the Minds
Avalon
Cyanide 

Nine from Dissent compared to four from AOU. 

Discuss.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic