Forum | The Bad Religion Page - Since 1995 musical instruments - The Bad Religion page forum
Quote of the day: "The method is a simple synthesis of the past and present state. You never lose if the path you choose is one you can easily navigate" - Shattered Faith
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

musical instruments

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
punkrockjustin View Drop Down
Staff
Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote punkrockjustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: musical instruments
    Posted: 07/07/2019 at 10:56
What are your favorite instruments to play and/or to hear?

Challenge: try to narrow it down to only one from each family (woodwind, brass, percussion, string, electronic, etc). 
Bonus challenge: try to narrow it down to a single instrument.

My favorite instrument to play: trumpet/cornet
Favorite to hear: electric guitar.... other than that: cello, french horn, kettle drums, bagpipes

Also, what would be your favorite kind of music that is played on traditional/classical instruments?
For me, that is dixieland jazz.
   \m/.(><).\m/
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Robo Pilgrim View Drop Down
Generator
Generator
linkage robot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robo Pilgrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2019 at 11:31
I like the sound of piano and violin. Stroh violins have an interesting sound and calliopes have a fun carnival sound to them.
Go on take a swig of that poison and like it
punkrockjustin View Drop Down
Staff
Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote punkrockjustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2019 at 11:40
Calliopes do sound very cool, they make me feel like a kid!  Not familiar with Stroh violin, will have to look into that.
   \m/.(><).\m/
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Leeps View Drop Down
The Devil In Stitches
The Devil In Stitches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2019 at 15:52
Accordion
coop View Drop Down
Infected
Infected
woman finnisher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2019 at 17:22
Roland jd-xi
Warstub View Drop Down
The Same Person
The Same Person
Biggest brpage Tool... Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warstub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2019 at 22:41
What are your favorite instruments to play and/or to hear?

- I love playing the drums. I used to spend a lot of my free time at school as a teacher jumping on drum kit and practising weird beats.

- Something about the trumpet via Miles Davis's example is incredibly alluring. There's a fantastic trumpet solo on a B.B. King song "Guess Who?" Sounds like it's talking:

I quite like composing for the cello over any of the other instruments.

Edited by Warstub - 07/08/2019 at 05:13
http://warstub.weebly.com/novels.html
Nothing can bring a person into adulthood except their own sense of self and the personal responsibility that accompanies that.
Joe Dawson View Drop Down
Lost Pilgrim
Lost Pilgrim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Dawson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2019 at 04:40
  Now, don't laugh! Charpsichord. i was always like the sound of Charpsichord.

Baroque protoplast of the Piano.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harpsichord

Backdays i was listening to the classical music concerts at the cultural radio station.

Groomits View Drop Down
Man With A Mission
Man With A Mission

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Groomits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2019 at 06:01
Hammond organ. There's just something so great about that sound.
CleverScreenName View Drop Down
Hippy Killer
Hippy Killer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CleverScreenName Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2019 at 09:51
I play drums, so take a guess. 

Also, the theremin is fucking amazing. 
Metmass View Drop Down
Automatic Man
Automatic Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metmass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2019 at 10:46
Electric guitar and drums, both to play and to hear. Skilled, talented drummer playing a great sounding (or very well recorded) drumkit is heaven for my ears.
BFY View Drop Down
Staff
Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BFY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2019 at 04:04
Precision Bass
"Growing Old, Growing Cold"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic